10-20-2018, 12:06 AM #1
Adam
Gobble
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Does anyone know how to fix the error code SU-42118-6 well updating I have tried everything and nothing to seems to work even wiped the console of it’s firmware😂 {Dick Move} now can not reinstall any firmware on it not even in safe mode via internet neither usb with the update on (500mb or 1GB) if anyone knows it would be much appreciated if you could let me know what to do don’t really want to bin the piece of shit but might have too!

But thanks in advance
10-20-2018, 02:29 AM #2
DH63
Retired Staff
Originally posted by Adam View Post
Does anyone know how to fix the error code SU-42118-6 well updating I have tried everything and nothing to seems to work even wiped the console of it’s firmware�� {Dick Move} now can not reinstall any firmware on it not even in safe mode via internet neither usb with the update on (500mb or 1GB) if anyone knows it would be much appreciated if you could let me know what to do don’t really want to bin the piece of shit but might have too!

But thanks in advance

I did some digging around on the official PlayStation forums to find out that sometimes updating has a slight chance of malfunctioning a hardware scanning feature that has been built in to the firmware. It essentially, from what I have read, makes it think that the disc drive is faulty or counterfeit causing your console to do a bunch of weird things.

Some people are reporting that completely formatting the hard drive resolves the issue, while others are reporting that you have to send it in to Sony and have them repair it.

I found a YouTube video that seems to be working for a good amount of people

I would also suggest taking a look at this articale as it explains how to fix this issue as well as many others.

You must login or register to view this content.
10-07-2019, 01:11 AM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Adam View Post
Does anyone know how to fix the error code SU-42118-6 well updating I have tried everything and nothing to seems to work even wiped the console of it’s firmware😂 {Dick Move} now can not reinstall any firmware on it not even in safe mode via internet neither usb with the update on (500mb or 1GB) if anyone knows it would be much appreciated if you could let me know what to do don’t really want to bin the piece of shit but might have too!

But thanks in advance

This is outdated which you most likely have figured it out, but if anyone else has the same issue, feel free to use this as well.

That code was dumped by me on the PS4 Developer Wikipedia.

It means this:

"BD-ROM Drive Error / Can Not Communicate with BD-ROM. Check BD-ROM Ribbon between motherboard and drive. If the tabs are broken, replace cable and test. Also check connectors for breaks or corrosion. If no better, check and replace drive board fuses F501, F201, F202 and F203 where bad. May require Renesas IC swap if all else fails."

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo