01-26-2015, 08:44 PM #1
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); such as laptop or smart tv ? please quote
Last edited by ShinigamiUzi ; 01-26-2015 at 08:52 PM.
01-26-2015, 08:50 PM #2
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by ShinigamiUzi View Post
such as laptop or smart tv ?

Yes and no.

It's actually a USB3 cable, but with a proprietary connector on the end (I think it's also missing a wire that is usually present for USB2 backwards compatibility), so you couldn't just plug it in.

You can see more information on the PS4 camera on this website I found - You must login or register to view this content.
01-27-2015, 12:10 AM #3
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
such as laptop or smart tv ? please quote

i would say no like alt said it be to much work to even try to get it to connect to one.
01-27-2015, 02:05 PM #4
King Sosa
Error… Cat invasion!
such as laptop or smart tv ? please quote

The PS3's camera can be used with a PC if you download the unofficial drivers for it. I wouldn't be surprised if you can do the same with the PS4 camera.
01-27-2015, 02:17 PM #5
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by King
The PS3's camera can be used with a PC if you download the unofficial drivers for it. I wouldn't be surprised if you can do the same with the PS4 camera.

I think there is a little bit more to it then that. If I remember right the PS4 camera does not have a standard USB plug. So not only would you need to find drivers (none of which exist or at least I have yet to see anything about that) but you would also need an adapter / play hack and slash and convert it yourself.
01-27-2015, 07:15 PM #6
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by King

the ps3 and the ps4 cams have differnt usb cords

ps3
You must login or register to view this content.

ps4(shown with the extender )

both side by side

so you would need to convert the usb 3 down to usb3 normal to work with a newer pc.
01-28-2015, 09:52 AM #7
Alt
Banned
Adding more information onto my post, you can see in this post (You must login or register to view this content.) how he managed to get it to work.
02-26-2015, 01:29 PM #8
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
Originally posted by skaterboy16 View Post
the ps3 and the ps4 cams have differnt usb cords

ps3

ps4(shown with the extender )

both side by side

so you would need to convert the usb 3 down to usb3 normal to work with a newer pc.

what is the name of the connector ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo