04-03-2015, 03:43 AM #1
IRAQ
WHY so SERIOUS ?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here

so i turned my ps4 on a few days ago and the screen was black, the same hdmi cable works perfectly on my laptop however it does not on my ps4 so i tried a different hdmi cable and same result, works fine on laptop but not ps4. tried putting ps4 into safe mode to reset resolution and it works only in safe mode, i could see the options so i pressed on reset resolution. it worked on 480p so i went and tried to change it to 1080p and i get a black screen again. after a few tries even 480p doesn't work anymore. tried reseting tv setting to factory but still nothing.

any ideas on whats going on? is it the hdmi port on my ps4? what can i do to fix it?
04-03-2015, 09:02 AM #2
RTE
Keep it real!
Did you try turning it off and on? :goodsir:

The following user thanked RTE for this useful post:

IRAQ
04-03-2015, 09:02 AM #3
IRAQ
WHY so SERIOUS ?
Originally posted by ResistTheEarth View Post
Did you try turning it on and off? :goodsir:

yeaa i did, unplugged it too :(
if i move the hdmi around the screen goes on and off and i can see the resolution saying unsupported on all of the options
04-03-2015, 09:03 AM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by IRAQ View Post
i would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here

so i turned my ps4 on a few days ago and the screen was black, the same hdmi cable works perfectly on my laptop however it does not on my ps4 so i tried a different hdmi cable and same result, works fine on laptop but not ps4. tried putting ps4 into safe mode to reset resolution and it works only in safe mode, i could see the options so i pressed on reset resolution. it worked on 480p so i went and tried to change it to 1080p and i get a black screen again. after a few tries even 480p doesn't work anymore. tried reseting tv setting to factory but still nothing.

any ideas on whats going on? is it the hdmi port on my ps4? what can i do to fix it?

Have you tried plugging it into another TV/ Monitor? So you can rule out your TV.

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

IRAQ
04-03-2015, 09:04 AM #5
Ellis
Gym leader

I don't own a PS4 but I did have a PS3 and this happened a lot to me.
If the PS4 has a SCART connection as well as a HDMI, plug in the SCART cable, take out the HDMI and then change the settings to HDMI output. That worked for me on the PS3 and I assume it should would on the PS4... Assuming it has a SCART connection.

Hope you fix it though man, black screens get boring after a while Winky Winky

The following user thanked Ellis for this useful post:

IRAQ
04-03-2015, 09:05 AM #6
IRAQ
WHY so SERIOUS ?
Originally posted by Alticles View Post
Have you tried plugging it into another TV/ Monitor? So you can rule out your TV.

well i haven't but plugged the hdmi into my laptop and it works perfectly.
04-03-2015, 09:11 AM #7
IRAQ
WHY so SERIOUS ?
Originally posted by .Ellis. View Post
I don't own a PS4 but I did have a PS3 and this happened a lot to me.
If the PS4 has a SCART connection as well as a HDMI, plug in the SCART cable, take out the HDMI and then change the settings to HDMI output. That worked for me on the PS3 and I assume it should would on the PS4... Assuming it has a SCART connection.

Hope you fix it though man, black screens get boring after a while Winky Winky

unfortunately ps4 doesn't have SCART connection :/

The following user thanked IRAQ for this useful post:

Ellis
04-07-2015, 04:11 PM #8
IRAQ
WHY so SERIOUS ?
anyone??
04-08-2015, 02:43 AM #9
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!

From what it seems the problem could be stemming from your PS4.

• You already ruled out that the HDMI plug works.
  • The HDMI input on the TV works since you connected it with the laptop and reset the TV to default ( My advice is to try other devices with an HDMI output to be sure)

Here is what you should do to confirm it.

• Do what Alt said and connect it to another Tv/monitor. ( if you don't have any other screen that takes HDMI input then this may prove difficult)
  • Your TV might not be able to handle 1080P so go back into safe mode and lower the resolution to 480P. Then after it reset go into settings and set it to 1080i and see if it works. If it does then save the settings and do not put automatic resolution as it changes to 1080P automatically.

This is all assuming that you are not plugging the HDMI cable into anything else like a splitter or recording device since you didn't list it. Also You should list what TV brand you have and model to give a better understanding of your situation

The following user thanked ATypicalSe7en for this useful post:

IRAQ
04-09-2015, 01:23 AM #10
IRAQ
WHY so SERIOUS ?
Originally posted by ATypicalSe7en View Post
From what it seems the problem could be stemming from your PS4.

• You already ruled out that the HDMI plug works.
  • The HDMI input on the TV works since you connected it with the laptop and reset the TV to default ( My advice is to try other devices with an HDMI output to be sure)

Here is what you should do to confirm it.

• Do what Alt said and connect it to another Tv/monitor. ( if you don't have any other screen that takes HDMI input then this may prove difficult)
  • Your TV might not be able to handle 1080P so go back into safe mode and lower the resolution to 480P. Then after it reset go into settings and set it to 1080i and see if it works. If it does then save the settings and do not put automatic resolution as it changes to 1080P automatically.

This is all assuming that you are not plugging the HDMI cable into anything else like a splitter or recording device since you didn't list it. Also You should list what TV brand you have and model to give a better understanding of your situation

thank you for that Smile after trying everything i finally found out that the problem is the hdmi port on the ps4. one of the golden strips was bent to the back and was not touching the cable. i managed to pull it up using a knife and it all worked however im not risking taking the hdmi cable out incase it happens again. i guess the reason is i change the hdmi cable from ps4 to laptop alot since my laptop screen is broken which might of pushed one of the golden stips back. only solution is to buy another hdmi cable for the laptop.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo