07-30-2015, 06:14 PM #1
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I got a weird problem going on. If anyone is able to help, it'd be much appreciated.

About 3 weeks ago, I bought my new ASUS RT-AC56U (AC1200). I got through the setup no problem, and setup my WiFi password, so no one can mooch off it. Changed nothing else, just hid my 2.4GHz SSID and left my 5GHz.

My problem is, and I've narrowed it down to my router -

Whenever I connect my PS3, PS4, to the AC56U, it never wants to connect to PlayStation Network (PSN). I can say for sure the router is the problem, because I directly connected my PS3 and PS4 to my modem, and they connected fine without any issues.

Now before you start telling me to open ports, I've already done those. Commonly most associated with PlayStation network are ports 83, 443, and 3478:3480.

When I connect my Phone to the router, and launch the PS App, it NEVER loads. But when I switch to my Phone's 4G, it loads up perfectly fine.

I've done a test connection on both PS3/PS4 platforms, they have internet access, but don't have any connection to PSN.

Also should note that THIS problem only started after I updated the router firmware to the latest one, which I don't understand why it would give me any problems.

And this started happening this week Monday 7/27/15.

Again, help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I changed the router channel to 153, and 11, that seemed to fix the issue for 5 minutes.

WTF IS GOING ON.
07-30-2015, 06:32 PM #2
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Kyoshiro View Post
So I got a weird problem going on. If anyone is able to help, it'd be much appreciated.

About 3 weeks ago, I bought my new ASUS RT-AC56U (AC1200). I got through the setup no problem, and setup my WiFi password, so no one can mooch off it. Changed nothing else, just hid my 2.4GHz SSID and left my 5GHz.

My problem is, and I've narrowed it down to my router -

Whenever I connect my PS3, PS4, to the AC56U, it never wants to connect to PlayStation Network (PSN). I can say for sure the router is the problem, because I directly connected my PS3 and PS4 to my modem, and they connected fine without any issues.

Now before you start telling me to open ports, I've already done those. Commonly most associated with PlayStation network are ports 83, 443, and 3478:3480.

When I connect my Phone to the router, and launch the PS App, it NEVER loads. But when I switch to my Phone's 4G, it loads up perfectly fine.

I've done a test connection on both PS3/PS4 platforms, they have internet access, but don't have any connection to PSN.

Also should note that THIS problem only started after I updated the router firmware to the latest one, which I don't understand why it would give me any problems.

And this started happening this week Monday 7/27/15.

Again, help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I changed the router channel to 153, and 11, that seemed to fix the issue for 5 minutes.

WTF IS GOING ON.

Why turn off 2.4GHz? I have a router with used both 2.4GHz and 5GHz but certain things won't use the 5GHz from it. Try turn it back on and rebooting the router.
07-30-2015, 06:38 PM #3
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
Doesn't do anything.

I have both 2.4 and 5.0 turned on right now. I've rebooted both modem and router like 50x today.

Something in the settings of my router is interfering with the connections from Sony's websites.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo