01-12-2017, 11:13 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i am in no way i am capable of doing this but its just a thought.

lets say i made a jailbreak for a console weather it be ps4 or xbox one or anything else, would i be charged for releasing it to the public? i remember when geohot made the first ps3 jailbreak he was being sued by sony, would that apply in todays times? also i didnt know where to post this so i chose a consoles section mods feel free to move if needed
01-13-2017, 04:36 AM #2
Originally posted by heyymanny View Post
i am in no way i am capable of doing this but its just a thought.

lets say i made a jailbreak for a console weather it be ps4 or xbox one or anything else, would i be charged for releasing it to the public? i remember when geohot made the first ps3 jailbreak he was being sued by sony, would that apply in todays times? also i didnt know where to post this so i chose a consoles section mods feel free to move if needed

Most likely you would be charged in a similar manor Geo-Hot was or close too it.
01-13-2017, 04:37 AM #3

It's against their respective Terms of Service, and their parent company would quickly send you a lawsuit, especially considering your jailbreak would allow for piracy.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

TheMightyMoJo
01-13-2017, 10:36 AM #4
BadChoicesZ
I defeated!

Depending on the country you're in, Technically you could release it publicly but you would have to 'burn' the exploit and give the vendors enough time to patch it before you could release your findings without repercussions.
The 1.76 jailbreak was reported to Freebsd and CVE's created by CTurt. Later Kr105 had released a fully weaponize'd exploit using CTurts work. No legal issues afaik.
01-13-2017, 11:07 AM #5
Originally posted by BadChoicesZ View Post
Depending on the country you're in, Technically you could release it publicly but you would have to 'burn' the exploit and give the vendors enough time to patch it before you could release your findings without repercussions.
The 1.76 jailbreak was reported to Freebsd and CVE's created by CTurt. Later Kr105 had released a fully weaponize'd exploit using CTurts work. No legal issues afaik.

But then there's Chaitin Sal
01-19-2017, 05:07 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod

Has your question been answered sir?
01-23-2017, 11:26 PM #7
yes it has thanks
01-24-2017, 03:01 AM #8
Kronos
Former Staff
Answered, Thread Closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo