01-14-2017, 02:00 PM #1
aimaim
Gobble
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everybody,

the gentoo, marcan showed off during his talk at 33c3, seemed pretty usable. The only thing missing to make it suitable for daily use was hdmi audio (correct me if I'm wrong). Let's hope fail0verflow or someone else will release a patch for that aswell.
I would really like to give it a try, especially now that marcan managed to get Vulkan to run. Unfortunately I don't know how to go about doing it. Marcan put a ps4 overlay for gentoo on github "to make it easier to install the patched packages and firmware", but that's still not easy enough for me unfortunately. Does anybody know of a tutorial? It wouldn't have to be gentoo (I used to use debian and its derivatives). But I guess gentoo would be the easiest way since the "overlay" is for gentoo.
The easiest way to use linux would be a preconfigured image, for people to just write to usb-drives and boot via the ps4 playground, like the fedora image*Dee.Ecks provided some time ago.
I would be thankful for any hints. Should I succeed I could provide the resulting image. Should anybody feel compelled to preempt me in creating such an image, I would of course appreciate that too.

Thanks for reading,
regards
aimaim
01-19-2017, 02:59 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by aimaim View Post
Hello everybody,

the gentoo, marcan showed off during his talk at 33c3, seemed pretty usable. The only thing missing to make it suitable for daily use was hdmi audio (correct me if I'm wrong). Let's hope fail0verflow or someone else will release a patch for that aswell.
I would really like to give it a try, especially now that marcan managed to get Vulkan to run. Unfortunately I don't know how to go about doing it. Marcan put a ps4 overlay for gentoo on github "to make it easier to install the patched packages and firmware", but that's still not easy enough for me unfortunately. Does anybody know of a tutorial? It wouldn't have to be gentoo (I used to use debian and its derivatives). But I guess gentoo would be the easiest way since the "overlay" is for gentoo.
The easiest way to use linux would be a preconfigured image, for people to just write to usb-drives and boot via the ps4 playground, like the fedora image*Dee.Ecks provided some time ago.
I would be thankful for any hints. Should I succeed I could provide the resulting image. Should anybody feel compelled to preempt me in creating such an image, I would of course appreciate that too.

Thanks for reading,
regards
aimaim

Only one I can think of are the ones I posted in the PS4 Section. I think I posted two, but there is good tutorials on that section (PS4 Mods and Cheats)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo