02-23-2017, 02:01 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So here is the scoop, i recently purchased a PS4 used knowing that is was a Demo unit from in stores. It says on XMB "please provide unit with valid network connection or insert IDU update disc"*I want to see how different it is from a consumer Version. It is limited on what it can do and is Locked out from Normal Usage. (Even after a HDD Format and 800mb+ system update) I'm out of Ideas. anyone have any input on this?

Also for the Jailbreak scene I dunno if its beneficial but the Store Demo Versions load Parameters Via online threw the Ethernet. I dunno if this allows opportunity to poke around?

Anyways Cheers!
02-23-2017, 10:17 PM #2
Originally posted by Rigging View Post
So here is the scoop, i recently purchased a PS4 used knowing that is was a Demo unit from in stores. It says on XMB "please provide unit with valid network connection or insert IDU update disc"*I want to see how different it is from a consumer Version. It is limited on what it can do and is Locked out from Normal Usage. (Even after a HDD Format and 800mb+ system update) I'm out of Ideas. anyone have any input on this?

Also for the Jailbreak scene I dunno if its beneficial but the Store Demo Versions load Parameters Via online threw the Ethernet. I dunno if this allows opportunity to poke around?

Anyways Cheers!

On 1.76 PS4 you can enter IDU Mode thru Debug settings and it auto installs and starts OMSK and you need to do the Button combo to get into Staff Mode and access the XMB
Have you try'd getting into Staff Mode?
What firmware is it on?
02-24-2017, 12:41 AM #3
Originally posted by Terrorize
On 1.76 PS4 you can enter IDU Mode thru Debug settings and it auto installs and starts OMSK and you need to do the Button combo to get into Staff Mode and access the XMB
Have you try'd getting into Staff Mode?
What firmware is it on?

Unfortunately the previous owner upped it to 4.07, it wont even let me into staff mode gets hung up on updating system in the XMB (Trying to connected to sony's demo servers)
02-24-2017, 06:35 AM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Unfortunately the previous owner upped it to 4.07, it wont even let me into staff mode gets hung up on updating system in the XMB (Trying to connected to sony's demo servers)

I wouldn't actually fully know on this. If it's updated to 4.07 I don't think it'd be useful. If it was running on 1.76, we could've used it for testing things with it.
03-15-2017, 06:34 AM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
So here is the scoop, i recently purchased a PS4 used knowing that is was a Demo unit from in stores. It says on XMB "please provide unit with valid network connection or insert IDU update disc"*I want to see how different it is from a consumer Version. It is limited on what it can do and is Locked out from Normal Usage. (Even after a HDD Format and 800mb+ system update) I'm out of Ideas. anyone have any input on this?

Anyways Cheers!

Due to not responding, I'm going ahead and closing this. If you have further questions on re-opening this for you. Feel feel to PM sir. Thread closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo