09-27-2017, 11:11 PM #1
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Welcome to my work in progress Final Fantasy IX thread. Here I'll be attempting to update this regularly to add the more difficult or time consuming trophies and save you all the time and hassle. These will probably be slowly acquired so I ask for your patience in this effort. (This will be the final update I'll provide unless anyone comes up with a save to get a couple of the trophies that are easily earned but I can no longer track. All of the additional saves provided have been added to the set folder with thanks to their contributors. Thanks again for helping me make this set happen and I hope you all get plenty of use from this set.) All of these saves will be for the US version of the game and will be "Load Game" saves unless otherwise noted:

1: Track Star: First let's start off with a save to help prevent carpal tunnel in the Hippaul races. You should only have to win one more race to snag the Athlete Queen item and its accompanying trophy Track Star!

2: It's All In The Cards III: Are you tired of Tetra Master? Do you think it's truly awful like I do? Then I have good news for you! I've won 99 games so you don't have to. Load up this save, step outside, and challenge Tom (The kid in to the right) and win to get It's All In the Cards III. (For the sake of legitimacy you might want to get the one for winning ten matches out of the way first if you haven't already. Remember that they need to be different NPCs.)

*Found In The Shuffle can also be gotten with this save after progressing in the story a little, but I can't make a save for it since you have to win nine times at their shuffle game back to back. I suggest clearing the first few and when the difficulty ramps take out a phone or a means of recording the shuffle, send it to your pc, and slow it down to see the right choice. It's a bit irritating but not difficult this way.

3: My Little Airship: Just take the coffee beans to Morrid and earn yourself a mini-airship and a trophy.

4: Follow Your Nose (Beak Lvl 99): Just head to the lagoon and play a few rounds of hot and cold to level up your chocobo's beak to 99.

5: The Ultimate Racket: Go inside of Quan's Dwelling and walk all the way to the fishing area at the back end and inspect the cliff. Use a dead pepper on the sea foam when prompted to get the Tiger Racket and its trophy.

6: The Ultimate Rod: For this one you'll need to use the chocobo to find the treasure selected (One simply named "Ocean"). It's just west of the small island you're on but it's still a bit difficult to find. It might not be a bad idea to look up a short video on it if the location is giving you trouble. Once you find the treasure you'll receive the Whale Whisker rod and its associated trophy.

7: Mr. Nice Guy: Load up this save and wander the forest until you encounter a friendly Yan. Give it a diamond and you'll earn your trophy for befriending all the critters.

8: Digging It (All Chocobo Treasures): Hop on your chocobo and dig up the last treasure around the backside of the mountain to get your Digging It trophy.

9: Path of the Samurai (Complete Genji Armor Set): Load up the save and hop on your chocobo. Find the crack in the mountain in front of you and use a dead pepper on it to snag the last piece of Genji gear and a brand new trophy.

10: Earning the Queen's Favor: Head into Treno and trade Queen Stella your tenth Stellazzio coin to get a nifty reward and a new trophy.

11: Another Man's Treasure: Talk to the four armed man to have him judge your treasure hunting rank (to great effect) and enjoy your new trophy.

12: Beating the Ragtime Blues: For this one you'll only need to run across the Ragtime Mouse one last time to hear you got 100% of the questions correct and earn the trophy. He can be found in any forest and it helps to quickly tap the d-pad as you walk to look for him without getting into other random battles.

13: End of the Road: With a little help from Save Wizard this one became much less time consuming. Just fight one battle and Zidane will hit level 99 instantly and the trophy is yours.

14: The Ultimate Dual Blade: Hop on your chocobo and go south to where the shimmering island used to be. Once you're on top of where the island was (There are no bubbles to indicate the treasure location.) use a dead pepper to get the Ultima Weapon and a brand new trophy.

15: Dragon Lady: Step inside of the weapon shop and ask to fight the monster. Choose Garnet (Dagger) and kill the behemoth to earn a shiny new trophy.

16: What's Your Sign?: Head on into Treno and pay Queen Stella another visit. Trade her all your coins to receive Cinna's Hammer and the trophy for finishing the quest.

17: Driving the Hard Bargain: For this one load up the save and talk to our moogle merchant, Stiltzkin. Talk to him until you buy his last item pact to earn a trophy for your patronage.

18: Sword of Kings: Head inside of Daguerreo and look for an old man on the top floor. Speak to him and offer him the magical fingertip to hear his mournful tale and receive the Excalibur and its trophy.

19: To Ozma and Back: Here's a big one. You're basically going after this game's strongest optional boss (one that I never managed to beat in any of my old playthroughs) so go prepared. Equip things that mitigate shadow damage and be sure to take along some healers and a couple of tanky characters and focus on keeping the party in shell and protect. Both the damage booster and battle assist from the pause menu are a huge help here but absolutely DO NOT use the speed booster. YOU WILL DIE. You can find the boss in the chocobo's air garden at a sort of shrine in the top left corner. Find it on the map and use a dead pepper to go to the garden itself. The game will allow you to switch party members and equipment before you challenge the boss, so use who you're most comfortable with and good luck.

20: Beach Bum: Now to take a break from that last harrowing event by soaking in the sound of the surf. Just walk up to the beach close to you and hit circle to finish purifying all the beaches in Gaia and earn a trophy.

21: Well Lubricated: For this one you're going to want to leave the steeple and head to the mini theater. Talk to Ruby there and she'll give you a bottle of her hair care product, Superslick and the trophy.

22: Back Online: Head inside of Mognet Central and look for a dark purple moogle on the second floor named Artimecion. Hand over your bottle of Superslick and you'll get a trophy for fixing the moogle's postal service.

23: Cracking the Code: Step inside of Madain Sari and visit the Eidolon Wall. You'll see it's looking a little different than your earlier visits. This one is kinda hard to explain but basically you want to walk clockwise around the room until you hear a chime then counterclockwise until you hear a chime, then clockwise, then counterclockwise, etc. Do so interchangeably until you get the message that all your HP and MP are restored. Now take a look at all the murals. Eventually you'll find a note in front of Ifrit's mural detailing Garnet's true name and earning you a trophy.

24: A Clean Bill of Health: This one is a bit frustrating. Wander around the beach until you encounter a whale zombie. Your goal is to have Quina hit by the zombie status ailment, but as the targets are random it can take a few seconds or quite a while. Be sure to not use the battle assist booster as you try for this as it seems to negate the zombie ailment.

*Update* Apparently the trophy will pop if Garnet is hit too. You might just need any one of your party members to get hit by the zombie status effect to get this. Needs further testing.

25: Frog Wrangler and The Ultimate Fork: Step on into the Qu's Marsh nearest you and catch your 99th frog to earn ypur frog wrangling trophy and defeat master Quale afterwards to net Quina's ultimate weapon, the Gastro Fork, and another trophy.

26: Kain's Legacy and Close But No Cigar: Welcome to Memoria and the endgame. Moving forward I'm going to try and make these saves on an in-between boss fight basis. Starting out go left from the save point into a hidden alcove to find Kain's Lance. Moving forward past the pendulum room you'll be climbing a set of stairs. Near the top move toward the screen and yourself to find The Tower (Zidane's second best weapon if you were curious about the trophy name).

27: The Ultimate Flute and The Ultimate Claws: A little bit further into Memoria now and more ultimate weapons are close. Directly to the left of where you begin on the opposite side of the platform you'll find Eiko's ultimate weapon, the Angel Flute. Proceed right and a few screens in you'll be met with a giant red eye in the sky that you can climb stairs into. Instead of doing that look to your left and hidden behind a pillar will be Armarant's ultimate weapon, the Rune Claws.

28: The Ultimate Mace and The Ultimate Sword: Here it is. The one save you were most likely waiting for. But let's save the best for last. Start by heading toward the screen and down the ladder in the next room. Once you reach the platform look in the leftmost corner to find Vivi's ultimate weapon, the Mace of Zeus. Next proceed up the ladder you just went down and in the next room look in the rightmost corner for a humorous message from Enkidu and the fabled Excalibur II. Lots of love to Save Wizard for trivializing this trophy that should've been a monumental task.

29: All's Well That Ends Well: Here you are at the tail end of the game. You're at the final savepoint. Proceed onward to fight the final series of bosses and enjoy the complete ending courtesy of my holding onto Cinna's hammer and having Hades make the Save the Queen. I hope you've enjoyed the set, everyone.

30: Your Lucky Day: This is a save at the Dali Inn. Just go to the room above you and look on the left side of said room for a color fortune teller. Pull fortunes from it until you receive a very good omen and the trophy is yours.

31: Out of Harm's Way: Here's one last trophy I wanted to provide. First go left and up the steps. During the invasion you'll have to give specific orders to the townsfolk if you're to earn this trophy and they're as follows. Head to the right, Let's go to the left, Head to the right, and No, we're not safe yet in that order and you'll earn the trophy once you're able to talk to the people you saved again.

You must login or register to view this content.

Also I'd like to extend my gratitude to markl1989 for the following contributions:

A-Hunting We Will Go: Here is a save for Win with Vivi during the Festival of the Hunt its right before the Festival just go an kill monsters till the clock is at 4:30 in the business district over by the synthesis shop is where the beast will show then just have Zidane and Freya take themselves out

Movie Critic and Over the Moon: For Movie Critic Change the height to 0 and check all three possibly entrances to the elevator (you'll get knocked back by a forced field)
Now return to the control room and exit to the elevator room , this ATE will be activated

For Over the Moon just buy the items from Stiltzkin

tigermark182 has also provided us with a few more saves to tackle some of the trophies not covered including the awfully time consuming Bloodlust trophy. Thank you so much, tigermark182! Links and instructions are as follows:

The One Ring & Peek-A-Boo: THIS SAVE IS AN AUTOSAVE. you can only load it by "continue game" not in the "load" section

continue game and you are in the area necessary for the two trophys, give the npc
a potion in order to dig. dig the rubble wall for Peek-A-Boo

and dig the pillar for The One Ring
once you've found 4 items aroudn the pillar, if you havent found the ring walk out
of the area and walk and walk back in to reset the items. repeat till you get it

A less frustrating A Clean Bill of Health: start any random battle, use auto life zidane (If you don't have the v1.1 folder with this save tigermark182 has informed me that the first uploaded folder was one with the incorrect save. Follow this new link to get the correct one. Also the updated folder will be added to the set from today forward.)

[url=https://www.mediafire.com/file/zc51zzz73p4gnb7/FFIX+A+Clean+Bill+of+Health+v1.1.zip[/url]

Bloodlust (10000 kills): Start any random battle and win to pop the trophy.

LagrueJ1991 has also provided a couple saves of his own for those who need to mop up the Auctioneer and Going for the Gold trophies. (Note that these saves were made in system version 5.50, but due to the recent update from Save Wizard they should now be usable.) Instructions are as follows:

Auctioneer: Load the save - you are in front of the city, enter it. Take a Right. Proceed forward until you can go left down some stairs.
Once in the next map, travel up one and you should be in front of the auction house, go inside, turn high speed on, stand in
front of the auctioneer - mash X for about 2-3 minutes and you should buy all items. You will have to exit the auction
house and re-enter, buying 2-3 more items on your second visit should be all you need for the trophy.

Going for the Gold: Load up the save, you are right in front of the marsh. Find the frog pond 2-3 maps in, and there will be a gold
frog there waiting for you to catch it - snag it and the trophy is yours.

Last edited by aeneax ; 05-17-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: title

The following 52 users say thank you to BubbaDaBarb for this useful post:

abufhad, aeneax, akaleu, AkumaNYC, Akusura, ananab, arnaud02, chaoszage, Cloud, Colbydude, colorpen, D3athChrono, endslave, Gisheternal, habolo96, IvaliceAlliance, jazonstaham, Jillq8, kaibamoto, Kaio_Rui, KingEmilWash, korazx, krustytoe, LagrueJ1991, Leonrpg, Mago de Oz, Maj Blue, mark1, markl1989, ms5738, MusicGamer, novalkun, rakenra, raphos, Ren88, ROCKY_southpaw, SaraphXIII, shaman1, t-bagwell, tek0099, Tfahrenholz, TheBlackPec, tigermark182, Tomorto, trombe05, warhawks83, witlzx28, Wosley, wowcoret, xestz, yoshemahino, Yuki_240sx
09-29-2017, 07:14 AM #11
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
That's it for my first run of the game. I'll have to go back later to clean up Bloodlust, make another run for Movie Critic and Over the Moon, and curse my lack of skill for never being able to achieve Skip to My Lou and Hail to the King. I hope you all get plenty of use from this save set and maybe I'll see you all soon with those last few updates.
09-29-2017, 07:29 AM #12
TheBlackPec
Member of the Month
That's wonderful. I hope somebody could re-region it :(
09-29-2017, 07:58 PM #13
yamikit
Do a barrel roll!
I seriously cant wait to try these out; its a rather nicely arranged set.
Kinda wanna wait to see if someone manages to figure out a trick to the jump rope stuff before starting. xD
09-30-2017, 02:53 AM #14
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by yamikit View Post
I seriously cant wait to try these out; its a rather nicely arranged set.

Thank you. It's the first set I've ever put together. If I'm honest it was just going to be a few trophies here and there but I ended up getting carried away with it in the end.
09-30-2017, 03:20 AM #15
MFC_WC
Do a barrel roll!
too bad can't reregion it...i got JP copy TwT.

and that jump rope!
09-30-2017, 03:32 AM #16
there is nothing in the ultimate racket folder
09-30-2017, 05:15 AM #17
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by B View Post
there is nothing in the ultimate racket folder

Huh... That's a problem. Sorry about that but I don't have the save anymore. You should still be able to get it using the save above it to go to Quan's Dwelling and dive into the sea. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I'll fix it as soon as I'm able.
Last edited by BubbaDaBarb ; 09-30-2017 at 05:22 AM.
09-30-2017, 06:05 AM #18
markl1989
Bounty hunter
Here is a save for Win with Vivi during the Festival of the Hunt its right before the Festival just go an kill monsters till the clock is at 4:30 in the business district over by the synthesis shop is where the beast will show then just have Zidane and Freya take themselves out

The following 3 users say thank you to markl1989 for this useful post:

aeneax, BubbaDaBarb, Cloud
10-01-2017, 12:02 AM #19
markl1989
Bounty hunter
For Movie Critic Change the height to 0 and check all three possibly entrances to the elevator (you'll get knocked back by a forced field)
Now return to the control room and exit to the elevator room , this ATE will be activated

For Over the Moon just buy the items from Stiltzkin

The following 2 users say thank you to markl1989 for this useful post:

aeneax, BubbaDaBarb
DMCA.com Protection Status This content is certified and protected under DMCA guidelines and any attempt to copy or redistribute this content will be met with a DMCA takedown notice.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo