Post: Nioh, patch 1.19, Way of the Nioh completed, level 750 and more [CUSA07123]
10-03-2017, 02:29 PM #1
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); New Update (3.12.2017): You must login or register to view this content.

Okay guys, I finally found time to upload the update of my save that I've been mentioning a few times, sorry to those who might have been waiting. That said, it's probably not as big as the last couple updates, so please don't get your hopes up for anything groundbreaking. It's a decent improvement over the last upload, and if you've liked my last uploads and aren't tired of the game yet, or only just discovered this thread, then you'll probably like this one too. But without further ado, let's jump into what's new.

- I've progressed to floor 325 in the Abyss; that's more than twice as far as I've been on my last upload. To those of you who like the Abyss mode, this means you'll have a lot more floors to replay and a much higher baseline floor if you want to dig even deeper into the Abyss.

- I've upgraded almost all gear of my builds/equipment sets into the +60 - +70 range (from the +40 - +50 upgrade level range where they were before), which was possible because the Abyss now drops weapons in the +60 - +70 upgrade level range where I'm currently at. This directly translates into more damage output (on weapons) and higher defenses (on armors). Now I haven't done any exact measurements, but if I had to guess, I'd say this translates into around 10% - 20% more damage than the builds did before on the last upload (and a similar improvement in defenses). Altogether with some other minor improvements that I've made across the board, some builds probably even do around 20% - 30% more damage than before.

- I've added (only) one completely new build this time: the (hopefully) ultimate Living Weapon build, highly inspired by the Perfect Susanoo setup you can find on the internet (but not identical to it, mostly because of the changes Team Ninja made to LW) . After digging around on the internet, I've come up with what is probably the most efficient LW setup (except for minor details) now that critical effects don't work anymore in LW. It's a 4 piece Susano, 3 piece Kigetsu, 2 piece Tatenashi setup.

How to get the most out of it: when you go Living Weapon with it, you'll *always* want its kusarigama equipped, not its dual swords (the dual swords are more a fallback option for when you're not in LW). Activate all the buffs you find useful, and because this setup increases your damage output with the amount of debuffs you have, also use debuffs (I'd advise pretty much always using Hermit Talisman which also prevents you from getting staggered; optionally also Carnage Talisman and/or Leeching Talisman). Be aware that Leeching drains your LW meter quite fast, so I only use Leeching on this build for boss fights and Power Pill or Carnage outside of boss fights.

And… yeah, that's pretty much how to use the build. Use spirit stones or kill some easy enemies to fill up LW, use all the buffs/debuffs and activate LW, then just press triangle on every enemy you see. During LW this build outdamages the LW-variant of my Dragon Ninja build (which is probably still my favorite build outside of LW), so if you want to just LW-spam your way to victory on any difficulty, this is the build to choose.

You can find the build in equipment slot 7 (and I've preselected it for when you load up the save). I've also added it down in the build list below. All old builds listed down below are still there (with the aforementioned upgrade level improvements).

- I've done Twilight missions on a regular basis and have collected almost 100 cracked ochoko cups now, which translates into just as many Abyss visits that you can do before having to worry about getting more cups (one Abyss visit costs one cracked cup and you can only get twice guaranteed ones per day, through the Twilight missions). I've also stocked up on spirit stones for LW-fuel, on umracite if you want to make your completely own builds, acquired more smithing texts and some other things. Also completed some more missions and all.

So, yeah, that's it. To sum it up, I'm now at Abyss floor 325, and thanks to that I've upgraded my equipment to +60 - +70 which means more damage. I've one new purely LW-focused build, and I've farmed more cracked ochoko cups, spirit stones and all kinds of other stuff.

Again this might be the last upload for a long while, as the only major thing to „improve“ really is to go deeper into the Abyss which takes lots of time and dedication and becomes more and more tedious since it's nothing but repetition. But if you haven't played much of the Abyss or of the higher difficulties yet, or just want some powerful diverse builds at your fingertips without the usual gear grind, then this save on the other hand is perfect for jumping into it.

There are also some build possibilities which I haven't really explored yet but TBH I'm not really interested in that at the moment, and if you have a build in mind that you want do create, this save will make it easier than ever because you already have so many smithing texts, inheritables, umbracite, a high Abyss floor number to upgrade weapons and make them ethereal, and so on. Basically you have all the freedom imaginable for creating builds that the game usually locks behind tedious farming that nobody wants to do.

I hope you enjoy.

------------------

New update (16.10.2017). You must login or register to view this content.

It's a bigger one but might be the last one for now. It was made on system software 4.74 and Nioh version 1.19 for those who want to stay on game version 1.19, but I myself am gonna upgrade to 1.20 now. The largest changes include:

- As per request by someone, I included a starter save for the game; that is, an own save slot right after the first cutscene. No cheats applied to it. This means that if a system software version becomes incompatible again with Save Wizard, either temporarily or (god hope not) permanently, you'll be able to use this starter save to still apply SW's cheats if you prefer a fresh start as opposed to an endgame save file. Similarly, I have beaten all WotD missions on this save now as I've heard the Destroyer of Demons trophy can still be obtained by just replaying any relevant WotD mission.

- I've tested the kusa Living Weapon-part of my Dragon Ninja setup without going critical, and I must say, it's not too much of a disadvantage as I was afraid first. The decline in damage compared to critical is noticeable, but you'll still kill Abyss bosses quite efficiently with it, so I've decided it's not worth it to stay on 1.19 just for critical.

- I've made several improvements to existing builds, and I've added/updated some new builds, mainly my tonfa devastation build (equipment slot 3), a new dual swords build (equipment slot 4) and a provisory wild spear build (equipment slot 9 ), the last one of which isn't really done yet though. I've added the new ones in the description below for details. I've also changed my Amrita farm build (equipment slot 8 ) to be independent of critical now, which means a slight decrease in damage (but it still rocks easily through Marobashi), and I've optimized it so that it now exceeds 50 billion Amrita per farming run. I've also further optimized the Dragon Ninja build (equipment slot 10) which is still my favorite build at the moment; both of its weapons are now at 300+49.

- I played through the Abyss until layer 148 or something (as opposed to 78 as in the last upload). I've also farmed some more soulstones (as fuel for LW) and made some overall improvements or changes. I'm also now at around 600 Focus points; if you really want to max the Focus points out, the Amrita farm build should now make it easier than ever before, but be aware that the damage increase that comes from it is no game changer by any means. I've also respec'd my stats (and changed the CTA on all my main gear accordingly).

- I might take a bit of a break from the game from now, which means probably no new uploads for a while. Many builds are also at (more or less) their peak now except for + level on gear, which becomes more complicated after level 50. So if you've held off thus far, now would be a great time to jump into my saveset if you so desire, or if you have been enjoying my last upload(s) and want to have some updates to everything.

- Enjoy!

Edit (12.10.2017): It seems Nioh patch 1.20 is out and it supposedly nerfs Living Weapon builds which are a big part of this saveset. If you're using my save file (or even if you don't but care about critical LW), I advise to hold off updating the game for now as the LW-part of my dragon build will probably be somewhat weaker. I myself will stay at 1.19 for the time being. If certain of my builds are weaker after the update, you have been warned.

Hello everyone!

You must login or register to view this content. (3.10.2017)

(Edit: This save was made and copied from the PS4 on System Software 4.74. It will work with Save Wizard right now (system software 5.00 is as of today, 3.10.2017 is currently incompatible). Also I always forget to set the right secondary guardian spirits: for the Amrita farming build, make sure to choose the 2nd guardian as the one that gives additional 12.5% Amrita. For the dragon ninja build, I'd advise the one for additional 8% strong attack damage, I had the one for critical damage equipped.)

This is my current progress save for Nioh, have had lots of fun with it the last couple days. It's a continuation to You must login or register to view this content. but since so much has changed since then and because the old save is still compatible with patch 1.16 and for people missing the 3rd DLC, I thought I'd make a cut and start a new thread for it to keep them separate.

This save file is for the EU version of the game, CUSA07123. As it was asked repeatedly in the other thread: yes, you do need a save resigner like Save Wizard in order to use it, I expected this to be obvious.

All kodama collected except for the last DLC. Max level 750 reached (worth about 1500 billion Amrita). I also have about 1/3 of all the Focus Points unlocked (all of them require about 3000 billion Amrita to get). All transformations unlocked, etc. Not gonna list it all; more or less all that the upload on my previous thread had is also included here.

The save has all five difficulties including Way of the Nioh completed; therefore, all missions in all regions are available for you to play on any difficulty. Therefore, you can play and replay every mission of the game how hard or easy you desire!

But let's get to the new/interesting stuff. I originally intended to wait with this upload a bit longer, but as PS4 system software 5.00 released which I'm probably gonna update to soon, I figured I might share my current progress save before I cannot do that anymore (for as long as Save Wizard hasn't added compatibility for 5.00). Therefore many things aren't as finished or good as I hoped they would be before the next upload. You can still use the save if you are on 5.00.

My builds are sorted in equipment slots. Some of them are new/updated, others are old ones from my last upload before the patch. Be sure to check the storage if you want to play with certain weapons/builds, as there are lots and lots of ethereal items in there!

Equipment slot 1 contains my projectile-immunity build. It's „only“ mediocre in regards to damage-output, but it absolutely rocks against missions or bosses where you are constantly spammed with projectiles because it grants you total immunity to 95% of ranged attacks in the game. An example would be the arrow waves in the first Siege of Osaka Winter mission: they cannot harm you at all, no matter the difficulty. You will also be unharmed by Maria's infamous energy wave (be sure not to block it as this will still guard-break you), or by the energy waves of other bosses like Canada. In short: while not the strongest build overall, you should use it whenever you're struggling with ranged attacks in a mission or boss fight!

The only thing to look out for when using this save: you need to have Hermit Talisman pretty much always active for stagger immunity. Otherwise, projectiles will still stagger you, even if they do no damage. Apart from that, you can just run into enemy groups, ignore their projectile-spamming and have fun slaughtering!

Equipment slot 2 contains the Iai quickdraw/sword build with glass-cannon focus that I've been using. It has been nerfed significantly with the patch but is still very good. Focus on the Iai quickdraw skill, obviously, but the damage is very solid throughout. Works best when going glass cannon (i.e. at 1 health, with leeching-talisman and every other buff you can find). Be sure to always use the first sword in this build, never the 2nd, weaker one – that one's just for the set bonus.

(16.10.2017) Equipment Slot 3: I updated and upgraded my tonfa devastation build. It's centered around the devastation skill so if you want to get the most out of it, remember to use that skill pretty much always. Tonfas are still pretty weak in damage but have a cool moveset overall. Minor update (3.12.2017): I've replaced the gunsticks with some that have the skill focused strike as a starred damage bonus effect. It's (besides devastation) one of the most useful and damaging tonfa skills, so having that skill do increased damage is really great.

(16.10.2017) Equipment Slot 4: A brand-new dual swords build with focus on Sign of the Cross and parries. The damage of quick/strong is still a bit lacking compared to my Dragon Ninja build, but it's optimized towards Sign of the Cross and absolutely rocks with it. If you want to play outside of LW or just want to play with dual swords in general, then this build should satisfy your expectations.

(3.12.2017) Equipment Slot 7: the (hopefully) ultimate Living Weapon build, highly inspired by the Perfect Susanoo setup you can find on the internet (but not identical to it, mostly because of the changes Team Ninja made to LW) . After digging around on the internet, I've come up with what is probably the most efficient LW setup (except for minor details) now that critical effects don't work anymore in LW. It's a 4 piece Susano, 3 piece Kigetsu, 2 piece Tatenashi setup.

How to get the most out of it: when you go Living Weapon with it, you'll *always* want its kusarigama equipped, not its dual swords (the dual swords are more a fallback option for when you're not in LW). Activate all the buffs you find useful, and because this setup increases your damage output with the amount of debuffs you have, also use debuffs (I'd advise pretty much always using Hermit Talisman which also prevents you from getting staggered; optionally also Carnage Talisman and/or Leeching Talisman). Be aware that Leeching drains your LW meter quite fast, so I only use Leeching on this build for boss fights and Power Pill or Carnage outside of boss fights.

And… yeah, that's pretty much how to use the build. Use spirit stones or kill some easy enemies to fill up LW, then just press triangle on every enemy you see. During LW this build outdamages the LW-variant of my Dragon Ninja build (which is probably still my favorite build outside of LW), so if you want to just LW-spam your way to victory on any difficulty, this is the build to choose.

(16.10.2017) Equipment Slot 9: This is a prototype spear build centered around the new Wild Spear skill which I've heard is very good now. I haven't really tested this build yet and it's so far also not as optimized as it could be –*I've only found a single spear with Wild Spear star attack and it's a rather mediocre spear. I also haven't really looked into the best equipment sets to go along with it. Still, if you like spear builds or want to try the new Wild Spear, then this one should be good, even though it can further be optimized.

Equipment Slot 8 contains a Living Weapon Amrita farm build for Marobachi, with mostly the same setup as setup 2 but certain things tweaked to maximize Amrita gain. How to use it: in Marobachi on Way of the Nioh, use Leeching talisman to get your health to 1, use all the amrita- and damage-boosting gear including the Sake, activate Living Weapon, lay groundfire on the floor and just riposte every of the bosses. I've been getting 30-35 billion Amrita consistently per run with this. I know it can somehow be pushed up to above 50 billion, but I haven't fully figured out how, and TBH for most of your needs this farming method will suffice. Just use it whenever you need some Amrita, or if you want to max out your Focus points eventually.

Update (16.10.2017): This build is no longer centered around critical and has gotten a bit of an overhaul. It should therefore now work good on 1.20, and I've also managed to push the Amrita gain to around 50 billion for me. Just fill up your LW gauge, use all your buffs, and then continue as you would have before – without going critical. Also, use power pill or carnage instead of leeching so that your LW bar doesn't drain so fast. For me it's now more efficient than ever.

Equipment Slot 10 contains my first build that I had the time to build completely from scratch since the 3rd DLC, as opposed to the other builds that are „only“ modified to be stronger, and it's a beauty. It's Ryu Hayabusa Sword + Kusarigama Dragon Ninja build. Very versatile overall and fun overall.

Both sword and kusa are usable in this build, although sword is overall a bit stronger, except for Living Weapon. When you go for Living Weapon, you'll want to use the Kusa and mostly with its strong attack. Personally I never really had a mix of kusa and sword play, and it's a great combination. sword is IMO better for unleashing damage onto single opponents whereas kusa is better for LW and crowd control.

Another small but decent feature about this build is infinite shuriken. Now first off, the shuriken damage itself is pitiful and useless, but there are some other great applications of having infinitely many of them. For one, the dragon set gives you a damage increase (for about 5 seconds) after you successfully hit an enemy with a shuriken. So whenever you have the breathing room for it during combat, you'll want to throw a shuriken at an enemy (doesn't matter which one) for a "free" damage increase on the next few hits. It's a bit like the dashing attack + Iai quickdraw combination from before the latest patch (just much weaker, obviously), but since it's free damage and since there's no real risk involved in throwing shurikens, you'll want to do it as much as possible.

Now you can also use shurikens to lure enemies out of groups and such, but another great application I found is that it trivializes some of the hardest DLC bosses like Date Date Musamune or Sanada. How? Well… most of the time they are in LW mode and you throw shurikens at them, they will block them. And if they block one of them, they will continue blocking the next one. And blocking shurikens depletes stamina. And you have infinitely many shurikens. So just spam them with shurikens until they guard break, then grapple/killing blow them. Rinse and repeat. Boss dead. Except for Maria (for who I personally always use the projectile-immunity build), this should work against all or most human bosses with a Living Weapon phase.

It's not a very fun tactic, but it does the job. On lower difficulties it's not at all necessary, but on Way of the Nioh or in the Abyss, it's a convenient way of trivializing some of the hardest bosses in the game, entirely without using Living Weapon.

And that's it regarding builds. The rest of the equipment slots contain mostly old builds, some of them with some modifications made to it, but these (slot 1, 2, 10) are the ones I have mostly used outside of farming. The other ones are viable aswell but need a bit of updates and upgrading gear.

Of course, you can also use whatever you find in the storage; don't feel restricted to these builds. Like I said there's lots of great stuff in there.

And finally, about the Abyss. My character is currently still standing around in the Abyss mode in this save, so don't be surprised when you load up the save, that's simply where I last left off when making the backup. I advise not branching out when you first access the save but instead defeating the next Abyss boss – I think it's Derrick the Executioner, so it should be incredibly easy. My current layer is 72, and I plan to continue going through the Abyss although I don't know for how deep. Feel free to continue the journey yourself, but be warned: the Abyss is Way of the Nioh difficulty since about floor 30, and on top of that, there are some really nasty debuffs from time to time like Sludge that you'll want to get rid of. Also if you die in the Abyss without your guardian spirit, you fail the entire mission, lose all Amrita and all defiled items.

So why continue the journey through the Abyss? Well, for one, it's a great challenge and can be very fun. If you're not sure on what to do on this endgame save and which missions to play, then trying out the Abyss can be a very rewarding experience. (But I also strongly recommend playing the 3rd DLC with it if you haven't already – IMO the best DLC thus far. Way of the Nioh is generally also a great new difficulty because it doesn't just crank up enemy health bars and damage outputs, but also places DLC enemies in the maingame, switches up enemy placements and all kinds of stuff. If you've only played Way of the Samurai or Strong thus far on your own save, I highly recommend giving Way of the Wise of Nioh a go.)

The other big upside is that the Abyss gives you the best gear. On one hand, you can defile existing items to make them ethereal and improve their upgrade level. On the other hand, the upgrade level of gear you find in the Abyss (or get from defiled stuff) gets much, much higher later on than anywhere else in the game.

I'm currently at the point where the Abyss gives me gear around +40; the average for Way of the Nioh is probably around +35. The maximum level you can upgrade a weapon to at the blacksmith is +50. The maximum (confirmed) gear level the Abyss can give you in its latest layers is +136. Yes, about 100 upgrade levels higher than what Way of the Nioh gives you. Be warned though that the deepest Abyss layer is 999, so it's a long journey up to that point, but even if you only go to the point where the Abyss gives you +50, +60 or +70 gear, that's pretty damn fine, and I'll see how deep I can go myself before I get too bored by the repetitiveness. The difficulty doesn't really increase that much from level 30 onwards, it's mostly the repetition and the sheer number of layers that's so intimidating for me.

Anyway, that's it. My future plans for the game include:

- Putting together more builds, with some different weapon types. Looking forward to what can be done with Tonfas and Spears since they got some very interesting new skills.

- Going deeper into the Abyss. Hello darkness my old friend...

- Max out Focus Points (should be doable in a couple hours of farming but it's just so tedious)

- (Obviously) completing more missions, collecting more items, umbracite and all, trying to optimize my existing builds etc.

- It is apparently possible (but not quite easy) to get two different set bonuses onto a single item, i.e. a sword with two different „Grace of …“-s. That would make pretty much every build significantly more powerful, because getting three different 4-piece damage-bonuses in addition to the ones a build already has would equal about 30-40% damage increase alone, and clever choosing of good sets might push that to 50-60% damage increase or even more. But like I said, it's not an easy thing to do so I don't know how fast or slow I'll tackle it. It's also possible that TN fixes it soon and makes it impossible to do, so don't hold your horses with using this save file because of it.

Future uploads from me might include some or all of these changes, but because of the System Software 5.00 situation, I can't make any promises on when that will be (and I also don't know how much time I'll have to play the next couple weeks).

Also, special thanks to nextgenupdate-user Beethoven_BB to do parts of the Amrita farming and Way of the Nioh completion on this save file for me.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Wosley ; 12-29-2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: new upload

The following 38 users say thank you to Roran for this useful post:

_AAB_, ABDULLAH ALQHTANI, ado53, Akusura, albert2wesker, borpi, CrazyMK2020, DaaFloH, Daemonson, danganronpa4, Dave00789, Dr Salem, Flavez, fonfir, Ali D Killer, gogeta62, iRendes, Jar El, johnboy105, kh01, lordjohn8, Mago de Oz, majuub, mano154, mnga13, Monkey177, MrLibido, NHJZ, qDextR, Seidel09, sntrophies, starkjim87, TheBlackPec, TwoWeu, VFNM, wiii, Wosley
10-03-2017, 05:08 PM #2
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Originally posted by Roran View Post
Hello everyone!

You must login or register to view this content. (3.10.2017)

This is my current progress save for Nioh, have had lots of fun with it the last couple days. It’s a continuation to You must login or register to view this content. but since so much has changed since then and because the old save is still compatible with patch 1.16 and for people missing the 3rd DLC, I thought I’d make a cut and start a new thread for it to keep them separate.

This save file is for the EU version of the game, CUSA07123. As it was asked repeatedly in the other thread: yes, you do need a save resigner like Save Wizard in order to use it, I expected this to be obvious.

All kodama collected except for the last DLC. Max level 750 reached (worth about 1500 billion Amrita). I also have about 1/3 of all the Focus Points unlocked (all of them require about 3000 billion Amrita to get). All transformations unlocked, etc. Not gonna list it all; more or less all that the upload on my previous thread had is also included here.

The save has all five difficulties including Way of the Nioh completed; therefore, all missions in all regions are available for you to play on any difficulty. Therefore, you can play and replay every mission of the game how hard or easy you desire!

But let’s get to the new/interesting stuff. I originally intended to wait with this upload a bit longer, but as PS4 system software 5.00 released which I’m probably gonna update to soon, I figured I might share my current progress save before I cannot do that anymore (for as long as Save Wizard hasn’t added compatibility for 5.00). Therefore many things aren’t as finished or good as I hoped they would be before the next upload. You can still use the save if you are on 5.00.

My builds are sorted in equipment slots. Some of them are new/updated, others are old ones from my last upload before the patch. Be sure to check the storage if you want to play with certain weapons/builds, as there are lots and lots of ethereal items in there!

Equipment slot 1 contains my projectile-immunity build. It’s „only“ mediocre in regards to damage-output, but it absolutely rocks against missions or bosses where you are constantly spammed with projectiles because it grants you total immunity to 95% of ranged attacks in the game. An example would be the arrow waves in the first Siege of Osaka Winter mission: they cannot harm you at all, no matter the difficulty. You will also be unharmed by Maria’s infamous energy wave (be sure not to block it as this will still guard-break you), or by the energy waves of other bosses like Canada. In short: while not the strongest build overall, you should use it whenever you’re struggling with ranged attacks in a mission or boss fight!

The only thing to look out for when using this save: you need to have Hermit Talisman pretty much always active for stagger immunity. Otherwise, projectiles will still stagger you, even if they do no damage. Apart from that, you can just run into enemy groups, ignore their projectile-spamming and have fun slaughtering!

Equipment slot 2 contains the Iai quickdraw/sword build with glass-cannon focus that I’ve been using. It has been nerfed significantly with the patch but is still very good. Focus on the Iai quickdraw skill, obviously, but the damage is very solid throughout. Works best when going glass cannon (i.e. at 1 health, with leeching-talisman and every other buff you can find). Be sure to always use the first sword in this build, never the 2nd, weaker one – that one’s just for the set bonus.

Equipment Slot 8 contains a Living Weapon Amrita farm build for Marobachi, with mostly the same setup as setup 2 but certain things tweaked to maximize Amrita gain. How to use it: in Marobachi on Way of the Nioh, use Leeching talisman to get your health to 1, use all the amrita- and damage-boosting gear including the Sake, activate Living Weapon, lay groundfire on the floor and just riposte every of the bosses. I’ve been getting 30-35 billion Amrita consistently per run with this. I know it can somehow be pushed up to above 50 billion, but I haven’t fully figured out how, and TBH for most of your needs this farming method will suffice. Just use it whenever you need some Amrita, or if you want to max out your Focus points eventually.

Equipment Slot 10 contains my first build that I had the time to build completely from scratch since the 3rd DLC, as opposed to the other builds that are „only“ modified to be stronger, and it’s a beauty. It’s Ryu Hayabusa Sword + Kusarigama Dragon Ninja build. Very versatile overall and fun overall.

Both sword and kusa are usable in this build, although sword is overall a bit stronger, except for Living Weapon. When you go for Living Weapon, you’ll want to use the Kusa and mostly with its strong attack. Personally I never really had a mix of kusa and sword play, and it’s a great combination. sword is IMO better for unleashing damage onto single opponents whereas kusa is better for LW and crowd control.

Another small but decent feature about this build is infinite shuriken. Now first off, the shuriken damage itself is pitiful and useless, but there are some other great applications of having infinitely many of them. For one, the dragon set gives you a damage increase (for about 5 seconds) after you successfully hit an enemy with a shuriken. So whenever you have the breathing room for it during combat, you’ll want to throw a shuriken at an enemy (doesn’t matter which one) for a "free" damage increase on the next few hits. It’s a bit like the dashing attack + Iai quickdraw combination from before the latest patch (just much weaker, obviously), but since it’s free damage and since there’s no real risk involved in throwing shurikens, you’ll want to do it as much as possible.

Now you can also use shurikens to lure enemies out of groups and such, but another great application I found is that it trivializes some of the hardest DLC bosses like Date Date Musamune or Sanada. How? Well… most of the time they are in LW mode and you throw shurikens at them, they will block them. And if they block one of them, they will continue blocking the next one. And blocking shurikens depletes stamina. And you have infinitely many shurikens. So just spam them with shurikens until they guard break, then grapple/killing blow them. Rinse and repeat. Boss dead. Except for Maria (for who I personally always use the projectile-immunity build), this should work against all or most human bosses with a Living Weapon phase.

It’s not a very fun tactic, but it does the job. On lower difficulties it’s not at all necessary, but on Way of the Nioh or in the Abyss, it’s a convenient way of trivializing some of the hardest bosses in the game, entirely without using Living Weapon.

And that’s it regarding builds. The rest of the equipment slots contain mostly old builds, some of them with some modifications made to it, but these (slot 1, 2, 10) are the ones I have mostly used outside of farming. The other ones are viable aswell but need a bit of updates and upgrading gear.

Of course, you can also use whatever you find in the storage; don’t feel restricted to these builds. Like I said there’s lots of great stuff in there.

And finally, about the Abyss. My character is currently still standing around in the Abyss mode in this save, so don’t be surprised when you load up the save, that’s simply where I last left off when making the backup. I advise not branching out when you first access the save but instead defeating the next Abyss boss – I think it’s Derrick the Executioner, so it should be incredibly easy. My current layer is 72, and I plan to continue going through the Abyss although I don’t know for how deep. Feel free to continue the journey yourself, but be warned: the Abyss is Way of the Nioh difficulty since about floor 30, and on top of that, there are some really nasty debuffs from time to time like Sludge that you’ll want to get rid of. Also if you die in the Abyss without your guardian spirit, you fail the entire mission, lose all Amrita and all defiled items.

So why continue the journey through the Abyss? Well, for one, it’s a great challenge and can be very fun. If you’re not sure on what to do on this endgame save and which missions to play, then trying out the Abyss can be a very rewarding experience. (But I also strongly recommend playing the 3rd DLC with it if you haven’t already – IMO the best DLC thus far. Way of the Nioh is generally also a great new difficulty because it doesn't just crank up enemy health bars and damage outputs, but also places DLC enemies in the maingame, switches up enemy placements and all kinds of stuff. If you've only played Way of the Samurai or Strong thus far on your own save, I highly recommend giving Way of the Wise of Nioh a go.)

The other big upside is that the Abyss gives you the best gear. On one hand, you can defile existing items to make them ethereal and improve their upgrade level. On the other hand, the upgrade level of gear you find in the Abyss (or get from defiled stuff) gets much, much higher later on than anywhere else in the game.

I’m currently at the point where the Abyss gives me gear around +40; the average for Way of the Nioh is probably around +35. The maximum level you can upgrade a weapon to at the blacksmith is +50. The maximum (confirmed) gear level the Abyss can give you in its latest layers is +136. Yes, about 100 upgrade levels higher than what Way of the Nioh gives you. Be warned though that the deepest Abyss layer is 999, so it’s a long journey up to that point, but even if you only go to the point where the Abyss gives you +50, +60 or +70 gear, that’s pretty damn fine, and I’ll see how deep I can go myself before I get too bored by the repetitiveness. The difficulty doesn’t really increase that much from level 30 onwards, it’s mostly the repetition and the sheer number of layers that’s so intimidating for me.

Anyway, that’s it. My future plans for the game include:

- Putting together more builds, with some different weapon types. Looking forward to what can be done with Tonfas and Spears since they got some very interesting new skills.

- Going deeper into the Abyss. Hello darkness my old friend...

- Max out Focus Points (should be doable in a couple hours of farming but it’s just so tedious)

- (Obviously) completing more missions, collecting more items, umbracite and all, trying to optimize my existing builds etc.

- It is apparently possible (but not quite easy) to get two different set bonuses onto a single item, i.e. a sword with two different „Grace of …“-s. That would make pretty much every build significantly more powerful, because getting three different 4-piece damage-bonuses in addition to the ones a build already has would equal about 30-40% damage increase alone, and clever choosing of good sets might push that to 50-60% damage increase or even more. But like I said, it’s not an easy thing to do so I don’t know how fast or slow I’ll tackle it. It’s also possible that TN fixes it soon and makes it impossible to do, so don’t hold your horses with using this save file because of it.

Future uploads from me might include some or all of these changes, but because of the System Software 5.00 situation, I can’t make any promises on when that will be (and I also don’t know how much time I’ll have to play the next couple weeks).

Also, special thanks to nextgenupdate-user Beethoven_BB to do parts of the Amrita farming and Way of the Nioh completion on this save file for me.

Enjoy!

Can you pls add on what update its made (5.00 or higher will not work atm)

The following user thanked Wosley for this useful post:

jbl1975
10-03-2017, 05:59 PM #3
gogeta62
Little One
Thanks you very much Happy
10-03-2017, 06:29 PM #4
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Wosley View Post
Can you pls add on what update its made (5.00 or higher will not work atm)

Of course, my excuses. I thought I wrote it down somewhere in the text but I added it on the top to make it more clear for everybody.
10-03-2017, 06:32 PM #5
Wosley
Of course, my excuses. I thought I wrote it down somewhere in the text but I added it on the top to make it more clear for everybody.

No problem just add the system firmware in the title pls Winky Winky
10-03-2017, 06:42 PM #6
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Wosley View Post
No problem just add the system firmware in the title pls Winky Winky

Ok sure. Done.
10-03-2017, 06:49 PM #7
Wosley
Ok sure. Done.

Thank you Winky Winky
10-04-2017, 04:58 AM #8
vjss
Save Point
do you have Perfect Susanoo build
10-05-2017, 08:44 PM #9
RehanAfz47
Bounty hunter
Does anyone have this in US
10-05-2017, 11:20 PM #10
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by vjss View Post
do you have Perfect Susanoo build

Not the strongest version of it, but yeah, it's part of the Hayabusa build, with some compromises but still powerful. Just equip the Hayakusa dragon build, get to low health, select kusa as main weapon and activate LW + all other buffs. Can still shred through many of the more difficult Abyss bosses within seconds.
Last edited by Roran ; 10-05-2017 at 11:24 PM.
DMCA.com Protection Status This content is certified and protected under DMCA guidelines and any attempt to copy or redistribute this content will be met with a DMCA takedown notice.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo