06-05-2018, 10:25 AM #1
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); From today you can Pre Order Red Dead Redemption 2 which will release at the end of this year

Playstation also annouched what Pre Order bonusses you get from Pre Ordering the game

Source :*You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to Wosley for this useful post:

danilo_BR, ThatEpicSomeone
06-10-2018, 06:41 PM #2
Good game guys los.
07-05-2018, 01:53 PM #3
GrayRat
I am error
As a rule I don not do pre orders. But this game is hard to resist. Still never pre-order games.
08-16-2018, 07:09 AM #4
trihtrih
Save Point
is this game going to have e coop option?
08-16-2018, 12:51 PM #5
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by GrayRat View Post
As a rule I don not do pre orders. But this game is hard to resist. Still never pre-order games.

The problem these days is that even if you buy the game after it's been out for a while, it could still be subject to drastic changes in the future. FFXV is a great example of this, since they're going to change the ending, different chapters being inserted, and changes now being implemented in a roadmap that goes until at least the end of 2019 for a single-player game that came out in 2016. For a title like RDR2, since the online portion will be the focus for most of its sales' life just as with GTA5, I expect they'll treat it the same, and GTA Online is completely different now than it was at launch. Some good changes, some awful changes like the much, much bigger grind to rank up if you don't want to engage in microtransactions to make it easier. Not to mention new trophies being added just this Winter for a game that came out in 2013.

I agree with you, don't get me wrong. My only point is, and it's more of a complaint than anything, it feels like it's almost impossible to wait these days until a product's "finished" before seeing whether or not you want it. The new God of War felt finished and complete and now they're adding a New Game Plus with harder difficulty, new gear and a new tier of gear, new resources, etc. I have a single-player PC game that went through a drastic overhaul I think 14 years after it came out, and a mostly single-player one that was entirely changed so it's unrecognizable, 11 years after it came out. The changes were good ones in those cases, but the point remains.

That has to also affect reviews. Games are reviewed at launch, and people look at those reviews in making purchases, but is a game like FFXV better or worse now? What would the reviewers think? For GTA Online, it was not well-received RIGHT at launch but it also wasn't ready when GTA5 first shipped if I recall so wasn't even a part of reviews. But it seems to me at first it improved a great deal, and in many ways has gone downhill ever since while in other ways has improved, but mostly has catered to people who have been in it for a long time, or bilking money out of people who need to catch up, so what would a reviewer have thought about it in 2014 and what would they think now?

Again, I agree with you. I'm just seeing your point, and raising it some, because I don't think pre-orders are the only issue.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo