09-03-2018, 09:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So we all know that Save Wizard is currently the only PS4 save editor working.
I myself can testify to their efficiency.
But one thing is not making any sense. Games like Fallout 4, Dishonored 1 and 2, Mass Effect Andromeda and others that cannot be placed any cheats, because the code is always moving around a lot, are not even included in Save Wizard.

I get it that they can't place cheats that would never work, seeing that for those types of games the user needs to edit their own saves. And in the case of Game Genie they would place the games available on their listing, and the users knew they needed to use advance mode and simply find what they are looking for and edit it.

But Save Wizard seems to be purposely not include in their list of games those that they can directly apply cheats to and would need the user to edit the save.

So I don't know why the hell they are doing that. If Game Genie did it then seeing Save Wizard uses basically the same system, then not having all the games they should have seems like something being done on purpose. Almost as if they are saying "If we can't apply the cheats then neither can you". Not taking into account that the activation key is more than well paid for.

And seeing we lack alternatives. I mean in the past with PS3 we had GG and then we had BSD which was amazing but now we're stuck to SW and with no alternative. An alternative that wouldn't even be necessary if they simply made available all the games they already have access to and simply allowed the users to find their way. As we have done in the past.

So what do you think? Is Save Wizard not including those games on purpose?

The following 3 users say thank you to Greydraic for this useful post:

danilo_BR, hello10110, LushPushLush
09-03-2018, 09:57 PM #2
STVBDKD
Bounty hunter
I agree with you 100% there is a lot of games that SaveWizard haven't added yet Gran Turismo Sport,Madden games,NASCAR games,Dying Light,Call of Duty I made my point.
09-04-2018, 01:55 AM #3
Originally posted by Greydraic View Post
So we all know that Save Wizard is currently the only PS4 save editor working.
I myself can testify to their efficiency.
But one thing is not making any sense. Games like Fallout 4, Dishonored 1 and 2, Mass Effect Andromeda and others that cannot be placed any cheats, because the code is always moving around a lot, are not even included in Save Wizard.

I get it that they can't place cheats that would never work, seeing that for those types of games the user needs to edit their own saves. And in the case of Game Genie they would place the games available on their listing, and the users knew they needed to use advance mode and simply find what they are looking for and edit it.

But Save Wizard seems to be purposely not include in their list of games those that they can directly apply cheats to and would need the user to edit the save.

So I don't know why the hell they are doing that. If Game Genie did it then seeing Save Wizard uses basically the same system, then not having all the games they should have seems like something being done on purpose. Almost as if they are saying "If we can't apply the cheats then neither can you". Not taking into account that the activation key is more than well paid for.

And seeing we lack alternatives. I mean in the past with PS3 we had GG and then we had BSD which was amazing but now we're stuck to SW and with no alternative. An alternative that wouldn't even be necessary if they simply made available all the games they already have access to and simply allowed the users to find their way. As we have done in the past.

So what do you think? Is Save Wizard not including those games on purpose?

They do it on purpose. They haven't added DOOM or Call of Duty, since it would probably affect online play. So? That's the devs' fault, not the player's. I sincerely wish that a group would come out and make BSD for PS4, so people can freely use saves and experiment further.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

hello10110
09-04-2018, 01:33 PM #4
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
They do it on purpose. They haven't added DOOM or Call of Duty, since it would probably affect online play. So? That's the devs' fault, not the player's. I sincerely wish that a group would come out and make BSD for PS4, so people can freely use saves and experiment further.

That might give us a rushed and half-baked PS5 years ahead of schedule, like the PS4. Not affecting online play has always been one of their priorities.

For some of the single-player-only titles mentioned, including ME Andromeda before its recent addition, I don't know coding or the PS4's save files well enough to add much. Are some save files dramatically tougher to decrypt than others so that they can't even see the innards and hence offer advanced mode? I've noted for instance that once they offer support for a title, if there's a title from same developer/publisher that might have similar save structure it often follows. ME Andromeda coming soon after DA Inquisition for instance. That could just be because it's on their mind and they know how to add quick codes for one. But could it also be because they cracked the encryption for one and the other's not far off? Again, I'm genuinely curious here, not stating any assumptions, as I don't know the save file structure.
09-04-2018, 01:38 PM #5
yes, need another editor, we can do our cheats, need more games unlocked advanced mode, many online games are server side, impossible to modify only by save to leave locked advanced mode.
09-04-2018, 08:18 PM #6
Originally posted by aeneax View Post
That might give us a rushed and half-baked PS5 years ahead of schedule, like the PS4. Not affecting online play has always been one of their priorities.

For some of the single-player-only titles mentioned, including ME Andromeda before its recent addition, I don't know coding or the PS4's save files well enough to add much. Are some save files dramatically tougher to decrypt than others so that they can't even see the innards and hence offer advanced mode? I've noted for instance that once they offer support for a title, if there's a title from same developer/publisher that might have similar save structure it often follows. ME Andromeda coming soon after DA Inquisition for instance. That could just be because it's on their mind and they know how to add quick codes for one. But could it also be because they cracked the encryption for one and the other's not far off? Again, I'm genuinely curious here, not stating any assumptions, as I don't know the save file structure.

Yes. But in a way the online problems of the past are no longer an issue seeing that they now possess the means by which to detect or simply prevent tampering of any kind.
So Save Wizard really has no excuse.
Also placing the games available but not placing any cheats available would pretty much keep them from the hot seat. With for example Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect 2 and 3, even Dishonored for example Game Genie had no cheats but they made the games available to be edited and people through some trial and error learned how to edit those games.
Now what I edit or not is my business and no one else's. Game Genie was well aware of that and didn't made a fuss about it.
For example many people asked Game Genie to make cheats for Doom 3, but on their forum page they explained that it was pointless seeing that every time you finished a level the game would simply reset all the values back to normal. Same happened for other games, that even if you applied cheats and tried to use them to favor you in multiplayer mode, the system of the game by keeping records of each player basic data, were able to immediately detect tampering. And they would give you like one warning before they closed your account for good.

So again Save Wizard is not really protecting the users or games from anything. The simply fact they are offering a service that applies cheats in games that were designed to not have exploits means they are in a way already breaking a lot of rules some do not like to have them broken.

Take Fallout 4 for example. You can easily open the save file with the right software and easily edit the amount of money you have. Because you do not possess the hash key of the game then any editing you do will result in a corrupt save file.
And even if you went around that re-signing a game is also no small thing, meaning that even if you created a starter save with only max money that starter save will only work in your console.

If I am able to open and edit my Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 saves then no one can tell me Save Wizard can't do it. The problem with for example Dishonored 2 is that not only the code changes position a lot but the name of the files also change in relation to where you are. This means that once you learn to edit the save in a certain place in the game, if you can visit it after each mission then that's the place to save the game and edit that save.
It was the same in Dishonored 1. The Hounds Pit Pub was by far the best place to save the game and edit it. Although to be fair in Dishonored 1 you only need to edit the save once! Once you get all the runes and max money or just max money, it doesn't matter how much you spent, the money would last you well to the end of the game.
And with Dishonored 2 we are faced with a similar situation.
All of this implies that you can access the save, go into advance mode and edit the save yourself.

The only excuse SW has is that they might need more saves and aren't getting enough. More so from games that have a lot of DLC's.
Either way I only hope Save Wizard even bothers to read the messages people send them.
If they do then they might wake and realize that with games like Fallout and Dishonored they'll never be able to apply cheats to the saves seeing the way the saves are structured any quick cheat is impossible seeing the place where you edit the important stuff is always moving around.

The following 2 users say thank you to Greydraic for this useful post:

aeneax, ShadowG0D
09-04-2018, 11:44 PM #7
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
I mostly follow that. Thanks for taking the time to explain that all.
09-05-2018, 08:13 AM #8
Originally posted by Frosty View Post

And whats with bloodborne, borderlands, etc. They all have a coop mode like dying light and dead island...
09-06-2018, 06:24 PM #9
Originally posted by AlphaStorm100 View Post
And whats with bloodborne, borderlands, etc. They all have a coop mode like dying light and dead island...

And that is exactly what doesn't make sense.
Those games were added but other games are not, and I'm not entirely sure it is for lack of saves sent to them.
More like if the save file has a fix offset where money and all that stuff are located, then they can apply quick chests and the game is added. But if the game doesn't have a fix offset then advance mode would be the only way to edit the save, and for that same reason they don't add those games.

For example if Dishonored 2 uses the same save file structure as Dishonored 1 then those two games will never be added. Same can be said for Fallout 4 and others.

Also all the rumors about something like BSD for PS4 are basically dead. Maybe when the PS5 arrives we'll be getting a open source save editor for PS4. Now that would be the dark joke of the decade.
09-07-2018, 11:18 AM #10
DopeAssFrosty
Do a barrel roll!
Its all a money game @Greydraic, you'll be happy to know that most cheating/exploiting services have a back-end which includes a group of probably 12 or less and they all hide the good stuff to sell it to other players. I think "protecting the users" is a PR move to just say what they want to hear. Just my opinion though. ~ The Real Frosty

Mr Olaf keeps stealing my name because he wants to be me lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo