09-19-2018, 07:23 PM #1
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

We had GTA:Online now its time for Red Dead Online! Today Rockstar Games announces the game mode 'Red Dead Online' which features a massive open world multiplayer experience similar to GTA 5 Online but based on Read Dead Redemption 2.

Red Dead Online is planned to launch in November of 2018, as a public beta. Which more details from Rockstar is to be announced. RDO (Red Dead Online) is free for anyone to play as long as they possess a copy of the actual game.

Read Dead Redemption 2 is still set to be released on the 26th of October. With RDO to be launced shortly after the game.

Read Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 3 users say thank you to Gryphus for this useful post:

DH63, KeenyG, SubbSur
09-19-2018, 07:42 PM #2
Rocket League <3
Originally posted by Gryphus View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

We had GTA:Online now its time for Red Dead Online! Today Rockstar Games announces the game mode 'Red Dead Online' which features a massive open world multiplayer experience similar to GTA 5 Online but based on Read Dead Redemption 2.

Red Dead Online is planned to launch in November of 2018, as a public beta. Which more details from Rockstar is to be announced. RDO (Red Dead Online) is free for anyone to play as long as they possess a copy of the actual game.

Read Dead Redemption 2 is still set to be released on the 26th of October. With RDO to be launced shortly after the game.

What do you guys think? I personally am exited to see what Rockstar has instore for us with RDO. I just hope they don't keep delaying it like they did in GTA:O. However that would probably be for the best sense the longer they wait, the more bugs that can be fixed.

Read Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Well since it is Rockstar we are talking about, im sure they will do the same thing they did with GTA:O and make everything in the game super expensive, yet make it difficult to make a decent amount of money so they force you to buy Shark Cards so you can have any type of enjoyment from the game.

Thats if there will be a currency in the game which im sure there will be. So im more looking forward to the single player than anything.

The following 4 users say thank you to Like for this useful post:

e-dude, Gryphus, KeenyG, Vicodin10
09-20-2018, 04:03 PM #3
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Red Dead Online is the reason I'm avoiding getting Red Dead 2. I'm sure the single player experience will be great, but unlike past GTA titles R* put all their post-launch support into Online, even adding new trophies to grind more than 5 years after the game's release. If like me you care about your trophy completion percentages that's just a big "screw you", particularly since they "refined" GTAO the more of a gind everything became which, shock of shocks, saw a massive boost in Shark Card sales. If the single-player and RDO were sold separately this wouldn't be a question for me, but as it I'm mildly hopeful for a PC release given the great massive success of GTA5 since its PC release. It runs and looks much better there anyway even on my 6 year-old dinosaur compared to a Pro on a 4k TV. And Steam achievments are so broken that I care little about my percentages there.

Separately, still hopeful for a remaster of RDR1. The Xbox-emulated version has sold more than well enough to at least justify a PS4-emulated version, if not a decent-ish remaster optimized for Pro. That multiplayer content was a pain but much more bearable than GTAO and at least you'd know they wouldn't just keep adding more and more trophies for half a decade or more.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

KeenyG
09-20-2018, 04:17 PM #4
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Like View Post
Well since it is Rockstar we are talking about, im sure they will do the same thing they did with GTA:O and make everything in the game super expensive, yet make it difficult to make a decent amount of money so they force you to buy Shark Cards so you can have any type of enjoyment from the game.

Thats if there will be a currency in the game which im sure there will be. So im more looking forward to the single player than anything.

Just noticed this post. I mentioned the Shark Cards too, which as a fan of R* were hugely disappointing to me. But it's a publicly-traded company and they have to answer to the stockholders, legally-binding duties to make them as much money as possible without the confines of the law and the scope of the type of business it is.

Check historical share prices of Rockstar (Take2 rather) from 2013 and compare them to, say, this month, and you'll see the reason they implemented the Shark Cards and then decided to make them not just optional but, well almost integral by making the online grind go from bearable to absolutely painstakingly-awful.

Okay, I just looked it up. GTA Online came out in what, the end of 2013? A couple of months after GTA5? Take2's stock price was in the $16 dollar range, a significant drop-off actually after GTA5's single-player release (not sure why -- maybe the market expected even better sales). If you go back to the days of GTA4, that's also Take2's stock price from then, and from years before then. Compare that to today, September 2018. That $16 dollar stock price is now in the low $130s, and analysts expect it could be over $200 in 52 weeks. Why? Effing Shark Cards.

Microtransactions don't always work. But one of the best single-player developers in existence figured out how to make people buy them. So single-player doesn't matter quite so much to them anymore, I'd wager. Remember those promised single-player expansions for GTA5? Yeah. It's depressing. This should have happened to a franchise like Call of Duty or Madden instead.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

KeenyG
09-23-2018, 03:49 PM #5
a2vb
NextGenUpdate Elite
Thanks This is really useful information
09-24-2018, 08:19 PM #6
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Originally posted by Captain.D.Usopp
I'm looking forward to this Game

Im not Sal wasnt a fan of the first one
09-25-2018, 12:34 PM #7
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Wosley View Post
Im not Sal wasnt a fan of the first one

I'm a huge fan of the original. I'm just not happy with the direction the company has taken starting with GTA Online, and I'd rather not have my Red Dead Redemption experience sullied by that. I'd rather leave it as perfect as it already is.
09-25-2018, 09:02 PM #8
Naruto
Dark Knight
I'm back from the dead and ready to play the shit out of this game. Already pre-ordered the ultimate edition
09-28-2018, 03:01 PM #9
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by EYE
I have never had the issue with needing to buy Shark Cards.. It's easy to get money online. All I used to do is grind GTA Stunt Racing.. it's fun and get a fair bit of money from it to.

Same here. I've never bought a Shark Card and can't imagine I ever would. My point was that a ton of people who are not you and not me DO buy shark cards, and so Take2 has been slowly tinkering GTAO more and more towards Shark Card transactions. While GTA5 has been in the top 5 charts pretty consistently since it's release -- I think it's been absent only 1 month, and that was early on before GTAO was fully up and running -- the sales of the game are, I THINK, less than sales generated by Shark Cards.

Okay, boring stuff here after a very quick lookup: I haven't checked this myself because I don't have the energy to dig through their financial statements. And it's also from July 2017, so take that with a grain of salt, but also note that unless I'm mistaken, Take2 posted its most profitable quarter ever either in Q2 or Q3 of this year, 2018, and I'd be surprised if it was due to anything other than GTAO. It would not be from RDR2 pre-orders because those cannot be recorded until the game ships. These figures are from a market analysis firm, not Take2 itself, so I doubt they're spot on, but the data these sorts of firms produce is exactly what institutional investors on Wall Street use in deciding whether to buy shares of a company and at what price. Meaning, they know what they're doing when they research junk like this.

And from their July 2017 analysis, as of then Take2 had earned $1.4 billion in US Dollars from GTA5 / GTAO total. Of that $1.4 billion, a whopping $1.092 billion came from "add-on content through GTA-Online." Now I haven't really looked around their store to see what they sell besides Shark Cards and packages of Shark Cards. Maybe they sell avatars too? I think there are other microtransactions like some new Executive thing that came with an office and a collection of vehicles. But it all boils down to the same microtransactions, unless we're talking about avatars and themes. All of the updates have been free. The analysis says that this "add-on content" for GTAO is 78% of the $1.4 billion, and I'll trust that because I don't much care to break out a calculator.

Point being, I'm with you. I've never bought a Shark Card. I played it in the beginning, got my Rank 100, and it was a much easier grind back then albeit annoying. Can't imagine I will ever buy a Shark Card, if for nothing else out of principle. But that was almost 5 years ago when I ranked up enough. I'm not sure if you've tried to rank-up with a newly-created online character, but it's a massively-different experience than it used to be. RP are much harder to come by than they used to be, and racing is no longer the most efficient way to get RP. It's become a mind-numbing grind, and if you start out at level 1 with no good weapons and vehicles there's practically nothing for you to do except get killed every 5 seconds by some young punk who has few gaming skills but an arsenal of things he's bought either by playing the game normally or through Shark Cards, including weaponized orbital satellites to obliterate anyone he wants to on the map. I lost my 100+ character a few years back and even then it was a hugely noticeable difference to rank up again, and I hear it's even worse now, with the intent to be to encourage sales of Shark Cards.

I'm just worried RDR2 will be like it is NOW from the get-go, or will become that way once they start adding post-release trophies to it, including up to 5 years down the road. It'll be PC for me if they ever release it there, and I hope they do.
09-29-2018, 01:20 PM #10
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Captain.D.Usopp
U Wot M8?. You became sensitive Not Bad . So Now you shop with Girls?

Nothing wrong with that. I shopped with a girl during a lunch break once. Now we wear wedding rings and have a kid. Other things happened between then and now, and those things were the reason I decided "you know what? that would be worth going shopping for a ridiculous-looking overpriced cupcake instead of going to eat those cheap, delicious burgers with my friends." Mmmm... cupcake burger....

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo