03-09-2013, 08:48 PM #1
Contributed
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hopefully not since I dont want anyone taking my id I have now.
03-09-2013, 09:01 PM #2
Haru
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Contributed View Post
Hopefully not since I dont want anyone taking my id I have now.

im pretty sure is the same since PSP and PsVita runs in the same Net i don't see a reason to change it...
but if your scare of losing your PSN ID you should get the PS4 on day 1 thats what im doing
03-09-2013, 09:14 PM #3
xRJC
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Haru View Post
im pretty sure is the same since PSP and PsVita runs in the same Net i don't see a reason to change it...
but if your scare of losing your PSN ID you should get the PS4 on day 1 thats what im doing
I see them using a different network to run the PS4 on personally. Think about the WiiU when it came out, it was essentially the Wii but just upgraded. They used a different network and people could choose a gamertag they wanted, all new. I remember reading about it on Reddit and people grabbing a whole bunch of O.G gamertags.
03-09-2013, 09:15 PM #4
i dont want to lose my CrashTV-XHess ever! it should be staying the same when i get a ps4
03-09-2013, 09:25 PM #5
Haru
Vault dweller
Originally posted by xRJC View Post
I see them using a different network to run the PS4 on personally. Think about the WiiU when it came out, it was essentially the Wii but just upgraded. They used a different network and people could choose a gamertag they wanted, all new. I remember reading about it on Reddit and people grabbing a whole bunch of O.G gamertags.

is hard to say they would change network and you can't compare Nintendo Wii online Gaming with PS3 or Xbox ...but if a new net insure that the online content can run more smoothly they should (The Psn store is too slow stare )
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM #6
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
As seen in the video at the conference, I'd say there might be a hole new thing to it;
You can connect an account to your 'personal' profile (like a facebook profile), and then those 2 accounts are linked.
Sony wants to make PS4 more social, so yeah, but thats just my thought on it.

In the video, wich I watched at 2/3 AM in the night so I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I did see PSN names linked to such a 'personal' account, and I think I also saw they had the same standard avatars on the PSN's as we do now. This leads me to the conclusion that we will have the same PSN accounts. But once again, it was late Smile.

Sorry if I don't make any sense, I'm not English.
03-09-2013, 10:56 PM #7
Contributed
I defeated!
Originally posted by Laim
Not sure. If they go like what xbox did from XBOX CLASSIC to XBOX 360, The account should be on the same network. Don't see why they'd make people make a new account, people just wouldn't buy the system since people have worked years into their accounts. (Or most people have.)

This is what I was thinking. So no one has like a confirmed answer?
03-09-2013, 11:00 PM #8
TheChosenOne
Level 1 Trustworthy
yes you will have the same psn/sen id on the ps4 Happy
03-10-2013, 12:02 AM #9
Contributed
I defeated!
Originally posted by mrrws View Post
yes you will have the same psn/sen id on the ps4 Happy

I love you so much right now but I hate you at the same time if you are lieing.
03-10-2013, 12:23 AM #10
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
What I am going to assume is that they are going to allow for transferring of account stats over to a new account. They most likely will open up account names of those who have been holding onto accounts for years now without logging into them after creation and allowing users to either keep their original name or change it to an available name.

I will bet they will offer 1 free name change and then offer users the ability to change their names afterwards for a small fee.

That is my guess.

The following 2 users say thank you to Pichu for this useful post:

Camaro, chiefclueless

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo