Post: Xbox One’s One Chance at Being Twitter’s Number One is One-Upped by Sony and Steam
05-22-2013, 09:52 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); One for the sony fanboys lol

You must login or register to view this content.

Today was supposed to be all about Microsoft and their next generation console – You must login or register to view this content. – but not content to let the spotlight completely fade away from them, Sony had a little fun today. Just like You must login or register to view this content..

Starting with the fact that #PS4 was a sponsored trend all this morning worldwide across the whole of Twitter, the EU PlayStation Twitter account then You must login or register to view this content. that read:

• Also – If you haven’t seen our #PS4 teaser video, where have you been?! As it’s a slow news day… You must login or register to view this content..

Replying to this was Graeme Boyd, Social Marketing Manager at Xbox EMEA, who created a Twitter conversation with them that read:

Graeme (Xbox):

• Slow news day? That the best you got? You must login or register to view this content.

EU PlayStation:

• Ah we never forget about the Chelsea Flower Show! Is that what you meant? I have no idea what you mean… You must login or register to view this content.

Graeme (Xbox):

• Dunno much about flowers, but I’ll have some blooming good news for you at about 6pm. #XboxReveal

EU PlayStation:

• Ah that’s kind, I like roses. Best of luck! #PS4

Graeme (Xbox):

• And to you. Enjoy the show! #XboxReveal

Since Graeme got the last word in, it looks like he won the Twitter battle, but Sony definitely won the You must login or register to view this content..

Now, prior to the Xbox reveal, Hollie Bennett, Digital and Community Manager for Sony UK, You must login or register to view this content. this picture, with the caption, “The only boxes we care about at Sony:”

You must login or register to view this content.

Perhaps the best Sony related tweet today You must login or register to view this content. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, who was asked by Jim Reilly what he thought of the Xbox One:

"Hi Jim, sorry I was back to sleep. You asked about HTC One?"

Not wanting to let Sony have all the fun, the Steam Support Twitter accountYou must login or register to view this content. this:

"Prepare yourself for an all-new, innovative, next-gen experience.#SteamOne maintenance planned for 16:00 PDT (GMT-7)"

And finally, in what can only be described as a self-troll, the You must login or register to view this content. re-tweeted You must login or register to view this content. from Team Coco:

"The new Xbox One will feature a Steven Spielberg-produced “Halo” TV show tentatively titled “Buy Halo 5.”

What did you think of all the Twitter? Any other funny tweets you’ve discovered? Let us know in the comments below.

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

-Skyline, socia
05-22-2013, 10:02 AM #2
-Skyline
Anonymous
Xbox is being trolled so hard it's fricken' hilarious, the photo of the Sony board room with a massive line of 'boxes' was fucking funny! xD
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM #3
socia
Gym leader
lmao... i love steams tweet. best one for me

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo