Post: Will we be able to change PSN when we transfer the account to the Ps4? (Opinions)
05-30-2013, 05:08 AM #1
Kratos_
Blizzard Fails
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Since most of you guys are saying that we will be able to sign in using our current Psn on the Ps4, do you think Playstation will finally give us the option to change it.

I personally think they will because it's going to be a brand new console and it will only make the users/customers happy. Keeping your trophies and friends is already awesome, letting us change our PSN would be even greater!

Your thoughts?
05-30-2013, 05:43 AM #2
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
Originally posted by Kratos
Since most of you guys are saying that we will be able to sign in using our current Psn on the Ps4, do you think Playstation will finally give us the option to change it.

I personally think they will because it's going to be a brand new console and it will only make the users/customers happy. Keeping your trophies and friends is already awesome, letting us change our PSN would be even greater!

Your thoughts?

For some reason I dont think SONY will carry over our PSN's and trophies simply cause our leaderboards are fully hacked now. After Hakoom/Duck360 lost first place legit gaming was gone.
05-30-2013, 09:51 AM #3
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Smokin420 View Post
For some reason I dont think SONY will carry over our PSN's and trophies simply cause our leaderboards are fully hacked now. After Hakoom/Duck360 lost first place legit gaming was gone.

that will mean people will have to make new vita accounts and ps3 account, which means consumers spending money, so no i think we will be able to login, ps4 will have separate trophies so it wont matter
05-30-2013, 10:30 AM #4
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
Originally posted by xLew
that will mean people will have to make new vita accounts and ps3 account, which means consumers spending money, so no i think we will be able to login, ps4 will have separate trophies so it wont matter

Seperate trophies yes, using an entirely new system though probably. Which means we wont get a level or % carry over because PS3 is so hacked. Our downloads probably will carry over but I think the PS4 system security will be unrivalled. CFW will be a few years away if it ever does get cracked. What do you think SONY cares about more though, honestly, people losing their downloads or the billions and billions of dollars lost in game dumping, ripping off the PSstore, RTE on game servers etc. My guess is PS4 will be a one chance kind of system where if you mod anything internal or external, PS3 or PS4, all accounts will be terminated and much harder to unban yourself. Just my thoughts lol
05-30-2013, 10:39 AM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
Seperate trophies yes, using an entirely new system though probably. Which means we wont get a level or % carry over because PS3 is so hacked. Our downloads probably will carry over but I think the PS4 system security will be unrivalled. CFW will be a few years away if it ever does get cracked. What do you think SONY cares about more though, honestly, people losing their downloads or the billions and billions of dollars lost in game dumping, ripping off the PSstore, RTE on game servers etc. My guess is PS4 will be a one chance kind of system where if you mod anything internal or external, PS3 or PS4, all accounts will be terminated and much harder to unban yourself. Just my thoughts lol

i didnt mention anything like that, i was simply saying we will still be able to use our accounts, they carried them over to vita, and now they will with ps4, its not a SEN account for nothing.

seperate trophies like the ps vita has done, this is what the ps4 will do too. you will keep your purchase history although nothing will work appart from services on the ps4, they have stated that ps3 games/dlc wont work anyways so that really wouldnt matter regardless.

obviously its gonig to be a new network system different to ps3 thats common sence but it'll still work alongside it as i said earlier letting us use out sen accounts etc.

the ps4 has a different structure so thats them fighting the cfw so it wont matter on the ps4 untill/if its done, doubt it'll be for a few years as no one will want what happened to geohot happen to them!

all accounts terminated lol so then everyone who has a ps3 and stays with a ps3 will just lose their account, no i dont think so, think abit more realistically...
05-30-2013, 10:49 AM #6
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
Originally posted by xLew

Nah I get ya bro, I mean if you've been detected using CFW on PS3 they will most likely be able to ban your PS4 account even after using unban apps. Whats your thoughts on this man? I go into the PSstore today and see a avatar for $9.99!!! WTF thats abit ridiculous for a avatar lol.

Oh whoops I didn't mean all accounts on the PS4, I ment like they would ban the CFW on PS3, your PS vita account and the PS4 account you registered
Last edited by Smokin420 ; 05-30-2013 at 10:54 AM.
05-30-2013, 10:50 AM #7
LightModz
League Champion
Originally posted by Kratos
Since most of you guys are saying that we will be able to sign in using our current Psn on the Ps4, do you think Playstation will finally give us the option to change it.

Your thoughts?

i really hope not, because you just done get the same feels as friends then like you do on ps3.
xbox 360 has the ability to allow users to change their name and that in my opinion is a bad thing, people change their name all the time and you forget who they are, where as ps3 you build your friends list in 3 years and you can collectively remember every single player.

The following user thanked LightModz for this useful post:

Smokin420
05-30-2013, 10:56 AM #8
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
Originally posted by LightModz View Post
i really hope not, because you just done get the same feels as friends then like you do on ps3.
xbox 360 has the ability to allow users to change their name and that in my opinion is a bad thing, people change their name all the time and you forget who they are, where as ps3 you build your friends list in 3 years and you can collectively remember every single player.

I totally agree, some of my friends I've had on my friends list since the first game I ever played online (Skate 2) and gotten quite close. And some of them I've had for so long it says 'Last Sign-In 2 or More Years ago'
05-30-2013, 10:58 AM #9
xLew--
Former Staff
Nah I get ya bro, I mean if you've been detected using CFW on PS3 they will most likely be able to ban your PS4 account even after using unban apps. Whats your thoughts on this man? I go into the PSstore today and see a avatar for $9.99!!! WTF thats abit ridiculous for a avatar lol.

if you have been detected, you should be banned straight away no delay as its breaching their T&C's Winky Winky trophies i dont think will matter as things like xploder allow people to exploit them, but being detected for malicious things and piracy things then youd be banned straight away im 100% on that.

an avatar for 9.99 thats abit steep, but its down to the creator putting the price, sony would just take a % of it. blame the greedy creators. if its is sony, theyre just greedy and think thats the value of it lol it could be a mistake contact sony and ask, ive contacted them before on a pricing mistake and i was rewarded with a £5 psn code Smile
05-30-2013, 01:21 PM #10
I3lackadder
Gym leader
PSN names that are old/redundant/not in use should become available again IMO. The downside of a free PSN service is that since 2007 people have made many many accounts for themselves then forget login details, or never use that account again for whatever reason. I would really like to see inactive PSN ID's become available again.

The following user thanked I3lackadder for this useful post:

socia

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo