Post: New Share button details, PS4 automatically records several minutes of gameplay.
07-10-2013, 07:59 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Develop Conference: Neil Brown on how spectators can interact with livestream games

Sony’s SCEE R&Awesome face department team lead has offered a glimpse into how developers can harness the PS4’s sharing features to affect gameplay.

Speaking at the Develop in Brighton conference, Neil Brown said developers could provide players and spectators with a set of commands that dynamically affect gameplay.

He explained that, for example, spectators watching a livestream could interact with the main player's game by providing items such as health potions.

“This type of social interaction can be the difference between winning or losing the battle,” he said.
As well as the potential for developers, Brown also reiterated details on the previously announced sharing features, such as the ability to record gameplay and broadcast content.

Keeping the share button pressed down will allow players to take a screenshot of their game, while pressing it will bring up a number of the aforementioned features.

A PS4 hardware coder automatically records several minutes of gameplay, which Brown said would not take away any resources from the game.

Spectators of videos and livestreams will also be able to chat to each other or even join in on the game. An option to buy the game being viewed is also presented under stream.
Last edited by xLew-- ; 07-10-2013 at 08:43 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Hadenkin, jackaree, MLGKitty, AFG, Scullzyy, Soldier.,
07-10-2013, 08:49 PM #2
Great information on the features . And good post. xLew-- (Got it right this time) Happy.

The following user thanked Scullzyy for this useful post:

xLew--
07-10-2013, 09:06 PM #3
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
Nice hehe. Get ready to see my streams in The Crew, The Division and Battlefield 4.

The following user thanked Hadenkin for this useful post:

Soldier.
07-11-2013, 09:18 AM #4
xLew--
Former Staff
ill probably never use the recording feature but ill try this streaming thing.
07-11-2013, 10:26 AM #5
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by Hadenkin View Post
Nice hehe. Get ready to see my streams in The Crew, The Division and Battlefield 4.

You took the words right out of my mouth Happy
07-11-2013, 11:47 AM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
I was curious to how it changed from screenshot mode to record mode cool.
07-11-2013, 01:00 PM #7
can you record your gameplay with it or no?
07-11-2013, 05:10 PM #8
Rick
Splicer
Originally posted by Hadenkin View Post

so only bf4? the other two come out winter 2014 lol
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM #9
AFG
The One and Only
Originally posted by xLew
Develop Conference: Neil Brown on how spectators can interact with livestream games

Sony’s SCEE R&Awesome face department team lead has offered a glimpse into how developers can harness the PS4’s sharing features to affect gameplay.

Speaking at the Develop in Brighton conference, Neil Brown said developers could provide players and spectators with a set of commands that dynamically affect gameplay.

He explained that, for example, spectators watching a livestream could interact with the main player's game by providing items such as health potions.

“This type of social interaction can be the difference between winning or losing the battle,” he said.
As well as the potential for developers, Brown also reiterated details on the previously announced sharing features, such as the ability to record gameplay and broadcast content.

Keeping the share button pressed down will allow players to take a screenshot of their game, while pressing it will bring up a number of the aforementioned features.

A PS4 hardware coder automatically records several minutes of gameplay, which Brown said would not take away any resources from the game.

Spectators of videos and livestreams will also be able to chat to each other or even join in on the game. An option to buy the game being viewed is also presented under stream.
Very nice post...i've learned some new things about the share button. Smile Keep it up.
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM #10
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Smexeh View Post
can you record your gameplay with it or no?

To my understanding, when ever you press the share button it'll bring up the options to view the last several mins of what ever you was doing, hopefully (it should) it'll include the UI and what not.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo