08-31-2013, 09:30 PM #1
webzy
Work hard get Better
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Whats up guy's.

So throughout my life I have been an avid gamer.

Since the Nintendo 64, all the way up to the current generation consoles I don't really have a loyalty to any
Platform as, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox all have amazing title's and feature's with all their console's, games.

This time though I am going to wait out the storm, i.e release day, as multiple masses of fans gather around their
local gaming shops in comparison to '' Bee's with Honey '' it may be certainly sweet to get the PlayStation 4 on it's Official release day, date a day to remember and I understand that.

However, with every launch day comes the launch day console, with that in mind there comes 1st Generation release problems as well.

The first wave.

Launch day consoles, or the first wave of next generation consoles always have issue's as we have had to learn
the hard way for some, it is to be expected as they are the first of their kind.

An example of this would be the '' 40GB PlayStaion 3 '' I purchased one on release day all the way back in '' 2006 '' about 6 months later, it got '' YLOD '' to my dismay, I returned it to
GameStop, for about a half an hour tried to return it to get it fixed with my '' Warranty '' finally they excepted.

Happy ending wright ?, nope got my fixed PS3 back a week later, then this time 6 month's later the same thing
happened '' YLOD '' I couldn't believe it, at this stage I was epicly pee'd off, brought it back again but my
Warranty had run out, they said '' 250 $ to fix it '' money I didn't have at the time.

So a lesson learned a lesson indeed, that lesson was '' don't rush wait '' so this time around I am going to
wait.

As I don't want to spend 400 $ on the console another 120 $ on two games and lastly 60 $ on a second controller.

The total 580 $ which is a lot of money, may not be to some but for the average guys paying bill's supporting a
family and so on it is especially during these times where its hard to find work.

So i am waiting this one out to see all the issues this current Gen might have and also there's a price drop every
quarterly.

Does anyone here at NextGenUpdate feel the same way has anything like that happened to you before, I'd love
to know.

Thanks for reading and have a good day guy's.

The following 7 users say thank you to webzy for this useful post:

amplif1er, dubeyduck, Immaculate., Bichote, Monkeydad1977, TheGreatestSyn,

The following 2 users groaned at webzy for this awful post:

aBoss, txlonghorn97
08-31-2013, 10:01 PM #2
AFG
The One and Only
Okay, I seriously doubt the PS4 will have problems similar to the "YLOD" or any overheating problems. Sony announced like a month or 2 ago that the PS4's cooling temperature is significantly cooler than that of the PS3's so I highly doubt this console will come up with any hardware problems.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by AFG ; 09-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.
08-31-2013, 10:57 PM #3
S3XS
Banned
Originally posted by webzy View Post
Whats up guy's.

So throughout my life I have been an avid gamer.

Since the Nintendo 64, all the way up to the current generation consoles I don't really have a loyalty to any
Platform as, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox all have amazing title's and feature's with all their console's, games.

This time though I am going to wait out the storm, i.e release day, as multiple masses of fans gather around their
local gaming shops in comparison to '' Bee's with Honey '' it may be certainly sweet to get the PlayStation 4 on it's Official release day, date a day to remember and I understand that.

However, with every launch day comes the launch day console, with that in mind there comes 1st Generation release problems as well.

The first wave.

Launch day consoles, or the first wave of next generation consoles always have issue's as we have had to learn
the hard way for some, it is to be expected as they are the first of their kind.

An example of this would be the '' 40GB PlayStaion 3 '' I purchased one on release day all the way back in '' 2006 '' about 6 months later, it got '' YLOD '' to my dismay, I returned it to
GameStop, for about a half an hour tried to return it to get it fixed with my '' Warranty '' finally they excepted.

Happy ending wright ?, nope got my fixed PS3 back a week later, then this time 6 month's later the same thing
happened '' YLOD '' I couldn't believe it, at this stage I was epicly pee'd off, brought it back again but my
Warranty had run out, they said '' 250 $ to fix it '' money I didn't have at the time.

So a lesson learned a lesson indeed, that lesson was '' don't rush wait '' so this time around I am going to
wait.

As I don't want to spend 400 $ on the console another 120 $ on two games and lastly 60 $ on a second controller.

The total 580 $ which is a lot of money, may not be to some but for the average guys paying bill's supporting a
family and so on it is especially during these times where its hard to find work.

So i am waiting this one out to see all the issues this current Gen might have and also there's a price drop every
quarterly.

Does anyone here at NextGenUpdate feel the same way has anything like that happened to you before, I'd love
to know.

Thanks for reading and have a good day guy's.

I actually red through this all but I don't think it will have a YLOD problem plus I want to actually go to a Midnight release for a console this time plus I wanted a Wii so badly when it came out that it was not in stock so I don't want that problem again with this Smile

The following user thanked S3XS for this useful post:

webzy
09-01-2013, 12:06 AM #4
rls1321
Pokemon Trainer
theres miles between ps3 and ps4, 2006 and 2013 sony's come along was in 7 years we wont see YLOD I just do see that happening the hardware not exotic like it once was no new chips or drives only improved hardware that will make for sony most stable system to date Awesome face

The following 2 users say thank you to rls1321 for this useful post:

AFG, webzy
09-01-2013, 12:27 AM #5
When I get the PS4 I am going to get the two year warranty when I buy it. Then in two years I am going to trade it into GameStop and get a brand new PS4. Then I should be good. I am on my second PS3. My first PS3 got the YLOD and I sold it on Ebay for parts. The PS3 that I have now is the slim PS3 that came out right before the current version of PS3. It is nice and quite and has a 250 GB HDD. Some things that I hated about the original PS3 was that it was noisy, big & heavy, and it used quite a bit of electricity. Some people may laugh at the electricity part but I am the one who pays the electricity bill every month. I have even put LED bulbs in every room of the house to cut costs. Anyways, the first version of a system always sucks. It's not until the second or third versions of a system that they get it right.

The following user thanked Monkeydad1977 for this useful post:

webzy
09-01-2013, 12:53 AM #6
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by Monkeydad1977 View Post
When I get the PS4 I am going to get the two year warranty when I buy it. Then in two years I am going to trade it into GameStop and get a brand new PS4. Then I should be good. I am on my second PS3. My first PS3 got the YLOD and I sold it on Ebay for parts. The PS3 that I have now is the slim PS3 that came out right before the current version of PS3. It is nice and quite and has a 250 GB HDD. Some things that I hated about the original PS3 was that it was noisy, big & heavy, and it used quite a bit of electricity. Some people may laugh at the electricity part but I am the one who pays the electricity bill every month. I have even put LED bulbs in every room of the house to cut costs. Anyways, the first version of a system always sucks. It's not until the second or third versions of a system that they get it right.

Thanks man I know what you mean if your paying bill's yourself you have to be smart and cautious,
Idealy i'd like to buy the PlyStation 4 around August or Next September.

Maybe then a few games will be cheaper and i'll know what the PlayStation 4 is really like with all the reviews
that will have been done for it.

Its not that I'm trying to say don't buy the PS4 it is just that wait a while be cautious take everything into
account when your comfortable with it buy all means buy it thats what I'm going to do.
09-01-2013, 12:56 AM #7
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by rls1321 View Post
theres miles between ps3 and ps4, 2006 and 2013 sony's come along was in 7 years we wont see YLOD I just do see that happening the hardware not exotic like it once was no new chips or drives only improved hardware that will make for sony most stable system to date Awesome face

I am sure SONY, have got the PS4 perfect but I am just cautious.

But if your getting it on release man I hope you have a great day and enjoy it too.

The following user thanked webzy for this useful post:

Fuhrer
09-01-2013, 02:18 AM #8
iZigg
Banned
I bought my PS3 about a month after it dropped and mine did end up not working a short time after my purchase (maybe a month or two), but I sent it back to Sony and had another console within a week and it still works today. That's why I'm not too worried about getting my PS4 on release day.
09-01-2013, 02:42 AM #9
webzy
Work hard get Better
Originally posted by iZigg View Post
I bought my PS3 about a month after it dropped and mine did end up not working a short time after my purchase (maybe a month or two), but I sent it back to Sony and had another console within a week and it still works today. That's why I'm not too worried about getting my PS4 on release day.

Wow nice you were lucky man hope you have a good day on november the 15th
09-01-2013, 03:19 AM #10
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by Shoes.
You must login or register to view this content.
tears Cool Troll

C'mon guys, you should know better than that. :p Not got anything productive to say? Then don't say anything at all. :p

The following 2 users say thank you to Sheldon Cooper for this useful post:

Monkeydad1977, webzy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo