Post: Rumor: Headset Listing Suggests PS4 Headset Compatibility FW Update Will be 1.60
01-25-2014, 07:57 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As we’re still awaiting the PS4 firmware update to add support for the Pulse Elite headsets, a new listing for a “Sony – Gold Wireless Stereo Headset for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3″ has popped up on You must login or register to view this content., You must login or register to view this content., andYou must login or register to view this content. websites. Interestingly, while Best Buy says it’s Stereo in their title, Play-Asia has a much more detailed features list and says it’s 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound.

Here’s the full list of features found on Play-Asia:

• A Headset for Gamers: Experience everything from the big booms to whisper-quiet warnings in stunning 7.1 virtual surround sound** (7.1 Virtual Surround Sound and Audio Modes are only available on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 systems and require system software versions 4.20/1.6 or later respectively) and chat with friends through the hidden noise cancelling microphone
  • Developed by PlayStation: With the Headset Companion App, download custom game modes created exclusively for PlayStation by developers that are specifically tuned to enhance the audio in your favorite games
  • Stylish Comfort: Slip into comfort you can enjoy for hours and a look you can take anywhere. Further customize your look can take anywhere. Further customize your look by swapping out the removable faceplates for something more your style
  • Adaptable Audio: Connect wirelessly to your PS4, PS3, and home computer, or connect to your PS Vita system or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable and take your sound with you
  • Compatible Hardware: Mobile Devices (Not all mobile devices are supported. Certain features may not work on some compatible mobile devices)

Something very interesting above is how PS4 system software version 1.60 is required for the headset to work, yet that update hasn’t been released (You must login or register to view this content.). So, it looks like Sony will be jumping right to 1.60 the next time they issue a firmware update on the PS4, and it looks like headset compatibility will be included.

For even more information, a You must login or register to view this content. user has uploaded some You must login or register to view this content., with a You must login or register to view this content. saying the Gold Wireless Stereo Headset will be out in Canada and the US during February:

You must login or register to view this content.

----

Well we are almost into february and this so called up date that was meant to make our old headsets work with ps4 still hasn't come, this headset is meant to be released in feb so maybe we'll get the update with it?! Seems too coincidental.

Thoughts..

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

Joel
01-25-2014, 09:03 PM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Looks like you can earn a trophy buying this headset.
01-26-2014, 03:48 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Thank you just need a couple other things patched now Smile
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM #4
Hickey
League Champion
im confused, why they making a 7.1 headset when the ps4 only has a 5.1 option, id love to try my astros in 7.1 providing they started making games in 7.1
01-27-2014, 12:20 AM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Hickey View Post
im confused, why they making a 7.1 headset when the ps4 only has a 5.1 option, id love to try my astros in 7.1 providing they started making games in 7.1

The ps4 does support 7.1?

it was also the first device to support dts hd master audio 7.1.

anyways lets hope a patch actually comes out for older headsets, i got a feeling theyre going to be like its no possible buy new headsets lol
01-27-2014, 08:30 AM #6
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by xLew
The ps4 does support 7.1?

it was also the first device to support dts hd master audio 7.1.

anyways lets hope a patch actually comes out for older headsets, i got a feeling theyre going to be like its no possible buy new headsets lol

I thought I seen that about 1st device, but under options and sound there is no 7.1 setting only 5.1
01-27-2014, 11:23 AM #7
zecaben
League Champion
Originally posted by Joelrca View Post
Looks like you can earn a trophy buying this headset.

yeah, lol I thought the same thing
01-27-2014, 05:42 PM #8
cod5cl
You talkin to me?
so does this mean our ps3 headset will work on ps4?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo