01-27-2014, 12:23 AM #1
Astro-
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i ordered the PS4 from Amazon after signing up for one of those alert systems where they text you every time it goes on sale. I finally ordered one and it came as expected. So i plugged it in and started downloading the CoD Ghosts digital version. I went out to eat dinner and came back and the PS4 had shut off.. So i turned it back on and nothing would show on the TV screen. So i unplugged all the wires from the TV and PS4 itself to make sure i had everything in correctly. Still nothing would show up.
I get on the phone and call Sony's customer service and I am greeted with a nice representative. We go through a series of steps that include holding down certain buttons for various increments of time and unplugging this and that. So after about 10 minutes, he declares that it is a problem with the power supply. He gives me a code that I write down and he sends a box over to my house with FedEx Next-Day Shipping. The box comes on Sunday, which surprised me, and it came with a list of instructions on how to put the PS4 in the box and wrap it properly. I send it back using free FedEx Next-Day Shipping and within a week i get a knock on my door with my brand new PS4. They had sent me a brand new PS4 without the retail box and nothing else. I plug it in and its working like a charm.
So to sum all of this up, Sony did an outstanding job with the entire thing besides the fact that I was sent a faulty one to begin with. But I had a great experience with customer service and was sent my PS4 and box with free Next-Day Shipping. I was surprised with the whole thing so much that I felt the need to share and congratulate Sony on the top-notch customer service.
If anyone is having issues with the Blue Light of Death or Blue Pulse of Death, don't be afraid of spending another 400-500 dollars. Simply give Sony a call and all will be sorted out. Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to Astro- for this useful post:

xLew--
01-27-2014, 12:41 AM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
I know Xbox gave people free games when their system had a problem, did you get anything special?
01-27-2014, 02:27 AM #3
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Originally posted by Joelrca View Post
I know Xbox gave people free games when their system had a problem, did you get anything special?

Wtf would we get? The system is $100 cheaper than Xbox.
01-27-2014, 02:49 AM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Astro
So i ordered the PS4 from Amazon after signing up for one of those alert systems where they text you every time it goes on sale. I finally ordered one and it came as expected. So i plugged it in and started downloading the CoD Ghosts digital version. I went out to eat dinner and came back and the PS4 had shut off.. So i turned it back on and nothing would show on the TV screen. So i unplugged all the wires from the TV and PS4 itself to make sure i had everything in correctly. Still nothing would show up.
I get on the phone and call Sony's customer service and I am greeted with a nice representative. We go through a series of steps that include holding down certain buttons for various increments of time and unplugging this and that. So after about 10 minutes, he declares that it is a problem with the power supply. He gives me a code that I write down and he sends a box over to my house with FedEx Next-Day Shipping. The box comes on Sunday, which surprised me, and it came with a list of instructions on how to put the PS4 in the box and wrap it properly. I send it back using free FedEx Next-Day Shipping and within a week i get a knock on my door with my brand new PS4. They had sent me a brand new PS4 without the retail box and nothing else. I plug it in and its working like a charm.
So to sum all of this up, Sony did an outstanding job with the entire thing besides the fact that I was sent a faulty one to begin with. But I had a great experience with customer service and was sent my PS4 and box with free Next-Day Shipping. I was surprised with the whole thing so much that I felt the need to share and congratulate Sony on the top-notch customer service.
If anyone is having issues with the Blue Light of Death or Blue Pulse of Death, don't be afraid of spending another 400-500 dollars. Simply give Sony a call and all will be sorted out. Smile

Not ps4 related but back when my old ps2 shit the bed well after warrenty. They offered to fix it at no cost other then me shipping it to them. Granted it took a few weeks but it was something they weren't required to do.
01-27-2014, 03:08 AM #5
Astro-
Pokemon Trainer
Nope, unfortunately no type of gift
01-27-2014, 11:26 AM #6
zecaben
League Champion
I hope this doesn't happen to my ps4, I don't live in the US...
01-27-2014, 06:14 PM #7
I've always been satisfied with Sony's customer service. When my PS3 got the YLOD I had a very similar experience to you.

The following user thanked Hondarydr for this useful post:

Modus
02-01-2014, 07:24 AM #8
Check the hdmi port on the ps3 their is a little clip that is bent wrong way. This happened to me

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo