Post: Here’s How You Can potentially Improve the Speed of Your Connection
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Due to their plug and play nature people often don’t bother setting up their internet connection properly on consoles, and this often results in lower performance compared to what they could achieve. Today Reddit user RemoteSenses posted a You must login or register to view this content. on how to set your nameservers on PS4, which depending on your location could lead to a sensible improvement in the quality of your tethering to the world wide web.

First of all download Google’s You must login or register to view this content. (windows download link You must login or register to view this content.) on any PC and run it (try not to have any other download going on as you do, as it could throw the results off). It will benchmark all the available nameservers and find the ones that are fastest for you.

You must login or register to view this content.
The above image is a example.

Once you’re done testing, write down the two fastest nameservers (marked Primary and Secondary on the top right of the web page that will be opened automatically, as you can see above) and open the settings menu of your PS4, then follow the steps below:

1. Go to “Network”
  2. Go to “Set up Internet Connection”
  3. Select “Use Wi-Fi” or “Use a LAN Cable” depending on whether you’re connected on wireless or via ethernet cable.
  4. Select “Custom”
  5. Select “Automatic”
  6. Select “Awesome faceo Not Specify”
  7. Select “Manual”
  8. Insert the two numbers you got before as your “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS” (don’t use those in the picture above, as they’re specific for me and showcased just as an example)
  9. Select “Automatic”
  10. Select “Awesome faceo Not Use”

Also Works on xbox too.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Alt ; 08-28-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Updated broken image

The following 47 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

RAB, ATypicalSe7en, BASEBALL4EVER12, bejekas, Black_ice, Blackhawk_Dan, castalia80, Cien, CITYCOMET, CpT_iDont_Camp, Cryptic, DJR_Supreme, DMaRUAE, DonGiuliiano, EMINEM__x3, GRENDEL 51, hatecorp, i--DanieL_, iNDMx, Invalld, Isaac Clarke, Ismaeel74, iTruceFret, Jaqen H'ghar, JiinxMax, jkwxyz96, Joel, KareraHekku, killerboc, KimJongIl, Deleted-User0000000012210, legitimatemodZ, mczero_, nabeel12, ResistTheSteam, seb5594, simmy3601, sleekshow, SMarT, SU44K8, Superman., THE_JABZ, TheGreatestSyn, WhyUMadKid, whyyoumad, xShadow, zNxRo

The following user groaned xLew-- for this awful post:

Alexis Rhodes
05-14-2014, 12:15 PM #2
Awesome man, will definitely be trying this when I get home.

The following user thanked iPwNoobz- for this useful post:

xLew--
05-14-2014, 02:24 PM #3
xLew--
Former Staff
Done mine earlier and the results were 31 percent faster than mine, not that it will make any noticeable difference I don't think but faster is faster
05-14-2014, 03:01 PM #4
Alt
Banned
I've used this before but good to see I can get faster with Google DNS :p

Thanking you Lewis the Jewish Enzo
05-14-2014, 05:57 PM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I've used this before but good to see I can get faster with Google DNS :p

Thanking you Lewis the Jewish Enzo

I had mine set to the router default address for the primary and blank for secondary haha
05-14-2014, 06:11 PM #6
Cien
Open Your Mind Before Your Mouth
amazing Lew ,thank you.
05-14-2014, 07:06 PM #7
Isaac Clarke
< ^ > < ^ >
before:
45.0mbps down
8.5mbps up

after:
48.8mbps down
7.8mbps up
05-15-2014, 05:29 AM #8
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
Thank you so much. This should be stickied. This will make me even more of a Cod God Online.

before

59.9mbps download
9.7mbps upload

after
65.6 mbps download
17.8mbps upload
Last edited by whyyoumad ; 05-15-2014 at 06:04 AM.

The following user thanked whyyoumad for this useful post:

xLew--
05-15-2014, 09:04 AM #9
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by whyyoumad View Post
Thank you so much. This should be stickied. This will make me even more of a Cod God Online.

before

59.9mbps download
9.7mbps upload

after
65.6 mbps download
17.8mbps upload

really? nice!

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

CITYCOMET
05-15-2014, 09:08 AM #10
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
I get 100mbps no matter what on my PS4, the PS4 servers are basically in New York which is really close to me Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo