11-06-2014, 11:35 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

This looks amazing. And looks like it could work very well. Anyone know what games this supports?
11-06-2014, 12:00 PM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
I wonder if there's going to be some lag delay with that phone on WiFi to PS4 lol.
11-06-2014, 12:39 PM #3
ResistTheStars
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Joel View Post
I wonder if there's going to be some lag delay with that phone on WiFi to PS4 lol.

They recommend that your ps4 is connected via an ethernet for the games to play smooth.
11-06-2014, 02:39 PM #4
is possible on samsung s5 ? only on experia?
11-06-2014, 04:15 PM #5
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by love93 View Post

Sony Xperia only.
11-06-2014, 08:24 PM #6
Joel
Originally posted by ResistTheStars View Post
They recommend that your ps4 is connected via an ethernet for the games to play smooth.

It is, but you can't connect your phone via ethernet :dumb:

WiFi sucks where I live
11-06-2014, 11:01 PM #7
ResistTheStars
Vault dweller
It is, but you can't connect your phone via ethernet :dumb:

WiFi sucks where I live

The location of where you live has little to no impact on the quality of your WiFi, the only things that determine noticeable connection quality are

Supported router frequency i.e 2.6GHz, 5GHz
Router LAN and WAN throughput
Distance from router
Density of an obstruction between device and router

As long as your phone is getting a LAN throughput of 50mbps this should all run smooth.
It works in a very similar way to chromecast but in reverse, which has very little lag.

This isn't designed for playing fast paced games like Call of Duty or Battlefield, it designed for casual games like Knack and Little Big Planet where having 2-5ms of lag have no effect on the game.
Last edited by ResistTheStars ; 11-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.
11-06-2014, 11:04 PM #8
ResistTheStars
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Sony Xperia only.

Originally posted by love93 View Post

It does work on non Xperia devices but it requires manually installing a app taken from the Xperia Z3 and also flashing a .zip file in a custom recovery. So if your devices isn't rooted or you don't know what a custom recovery is and your interested in getting this working you've got quite a bit of reading and research to be getting on with, unless you've got some extra cash and can go buy a Xperia Z3 solely for this lol.
Last edited by ResistTheStars ; 11-06-2014 at 11:14 PM.
11-07-2014, 11:32 AM #9
Joel
Originally posted by ResistTheStars View Post
The location of where you live has little to no impact on the quality of your WiFi, the only things that determine noticeable connection quality are

Supported router frequency i.e 2.6GHz, 5GHz
Router LAN and WAN throughput
Distance from router
Density of an obstruction between device and router

As long as your phone is getting a LAN throughput of 50mbps this should all run smooth.
It works in a very similar way to chromecast but in reverse, which has very little lag.

This isn't designed for playing fast paced games like Call of Duty or Battlefield, it designed for casual games like Knack and Little Big Planet where having 2-5ms of lag have no effect on the game.

Well then this phone isn't useful then for me Dx, I thought it would be great to play on my PS4 with my phone when I'm somewhere else with just going through the internet, not LAN.
11-07-2014, 01:16 PM #10
ResistTheStars
Vault dweller
Well then this phone isn't useful then for me Dx, I thought it would be great to play on my PS4 with my phone when I'm somewhere else with just going through the internet, not LAN.

It'll work when your out of the house but will be a massive delay so it's only really any good for offline games. If your planning on using it for games with story mode you'll be fine.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo