Post: PlayStation Now Subscription Program: All The Details
01-05-2015, 04:57 PM #1
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ou’ve been able to rent games through You must login or register to view this content. for several months now, but many of you have asked –- what about a subscription? I’m pleased to announce that starting January 13th, we’ll launch a subscription service for You must login or register to view this content. that will provide instant and unlimited access to a catalog of more than 100 PS3 games. And since you’re using PlayStation Now, you can enjoy the freedom to quickly discover and play a wide range of full games without downloads, installs, or patches (not to mention trips to the store). The subscription service will be available first on PS4 across North America, and will come to other PlayStation Now enabled devices in the future. You’ll be able to choose from two subscription plans: one month for $19.99, or a three-month package for $44.99 (about $15 per month). The subscription provides access to a large and diverse catalog of PS3 games, ranging from action to RPG and everything in-between. Check out our launch trailer for a sneak peek.

We know that there are many PS4 owners who never owned a PS3 or had a chance to play some of the great games it offered, and this subscription provides an easy way to catch up on games you may have missed.
Want to try before you buy? Well, good news! We’ll also offer a free seven-day trial to the subscription program when it launches.
PlayStation Now subscription will have strong and growing support from our publishing partners, and at launch you’ll find great games in your catalog from the likes of SCE Worldwide Studios, Warner Brothers, SEGA, and many others, including indie developers. Here’s a look at some of the key titles:
You must login or register to view this content.
There’s strong value with the subscription, as you’re getting access to over a hundred great games and lots of hours of game time. What’s more, we will be adding even more games over time, so you will always have something great to play.
Also, to celebrate the launch of the subscription service, a free PlayStation Now theme will be available for PS4 users in early January. If you download the theme before January 31, you’ll be automatically entered into a drawing for a chance to win a one-year subscription to PlayStation Now. I hope you will give the new PlayStation Now subscription a try, and I look forward to hearing your continued feedback as we grow the service.

The following user thanked skaterboy16 for this useful post:

Smexeh
01-05-2015, 05:04 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by skaterboy16 View Post
ou’ve been able to rent games through You must login or register to view this content. for several months now, but many of you have asked –- what about a subscription? I’m pleased to announce that starting January 13th, we’ll launch a subscription service for You must login or register to view this content. that will provide instant and unlimited access to a catalog of more than 100 PS3 games. And since you’re using PlayStation Now, you can enjoy the freedom to quickly discover and play a wide range of full games without downloads, installs, or patches (not to mention trips to the store). The subscription service will be available first on PS4 across North America, and will come to other PlayStation Now enabled devices in the future. You’ll be able to choose from two subscription plans: one month for $19.99, or a three-month package for $44.99 (about $15 per month). The subscription provides access to a large and diverse catalog of PS3 games, ranging from action to RPG and everything in-between. Check out our launch trailer for a sneak peek.

We know that there are many PS4 owners who never owned a PS3 or had a chance to play some of the great games it offered, and this subscription provides an easy way to catch up on games you may have missed.
Want to try before you buy? Well, good news! We’ll also offer a free seven-day trial to the subscription program when it launches.
PlayStation Now subscription will have strong and growing support from our publishing partners, and at launch you’ll find great games in your catalog from the likes of SCE Worldwide Studios, Warner Brothers, SEGA, and many others, including indie developers. Here’s a look at some of the key titles:
You must login or register to view this content.
There’s strong value with the subscription, as you’re getting access to over a hundred great games and lots of hours of game time. What’s more, we will be adding even more games over time, so you will always have something great to play.
Also, to celebrate the launch of the subscription service, a free PlayStation Now theme will be available for PS4 users in early January. If you download the theme before January 31, you’ll be automatically entered into a drawing for a chance to win a one-year subscription to PlayStation Now. I hope you will give the new PlayStation Now subscription a try, and I look forward to hearing your continued feedback as we grow the service.

Doesn't this require PSN + to begin with? If so then those prices aren't exactly correct.
So you need to also factor in that monthly fee as well. Not to mention that since this is also a streaming service you do need to also factor in what it would for a fast enough internet connection. Normally I wouldn't nit pick about this since most people have internet already. But with ISP's being crap to begin with you are going to be paying an arm and a leg for a fast enough down stream to even be able to enjoy a service like this.

I don't see how people think this would be worth it.
01-05-2015, 05:14 PM #3
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Doesn't this require PSN + to begin with? If so then those prices aren't exactly correct.
So you need to also factor in that monthly fee as well. Not to mention that since this is also a streaming service you do need to also factor in what it would for a fast enough internet connection. Normally I wouldn't nit pick about this since most people have internet already. But with ISP's being crap to begin with you are going to be paying an arm and a leg for a fast enough down stream to even be able to enjoy a service like this.

I don't see how people think this would be worth it.

Sony said this is the same price you be paying with or without ps+ so it will stack up and to me it's not worth it
01-05-2015, 06:08 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Sony said this is the same price you be paying with or without ps+ so it will stack up and to me it's not worth it

That's not what I am saying. I am saying you have to factor in the fact that you will be paying for the psn + account if it is required.
01-05-2015, 07:42 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Hope this service is not subject to your ISP routing and the servers can handle massive traffic.
Price wise it not the worse deal in the world however worry you need PS+ to start with so quickly adds up.

Given how PS now works on Vita/TVs and Playstation TV quite a good system.
Shocked by the pricing I was expecting it to be much much worse.

Hope for heavy discounts for any title you play when using the service converting people to buying titles along with renting them.
01-06-2015, 03:20 AM #6
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
All the games are shit anyways for PS + so not worth getting
01-06-2015, 03:34 AM #7
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Joel View Post
All the games are shit anyways for PS + so not worth getting

there adding new ones for when this starts as psnow will be out of beta
01-06-2015, 08:55 PM #8
fucking shit games not even worth it
01-06-2015, 11:55 PM #9
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Smexeh View Post
fucking shit games not even worth it

The only shit games during the beta bro. When they come out with the with this description then you'll get like FarCry 4 far cry 3 and so on for that price

The following user thanked skaterboy16 for this useful post:

Smexeh
01-08-2015, 11:48 PM #10
The only shit games during the beta bro. When they come out with the with this description then you'll get like FarCry 4 far cry 3 and so on for that price

oh okay! :p

that sounds more like it Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo