Post: Claim your free stuff from Sony! ($15 million 2011 Settlement claim)
01-24-2015, 12:43 PM #1
King Sosa
Error… Cat invasion!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Following the announcement of a $15 million settlement last year, Sony on Friday began reaching out to United States users with details about how they can claim compensation over the 2011 PlayStation Network attack that compromised more than 70 million accounts.

Anyone who had a PlayStation Network, Qriocity, or Sony Online Entertainment account before May 15, 2011 can request documents to file a settlement claim via PSNSOESettlement.com.

Individual compensation will vary depending in part on what type of account(s) you had at the time. Some of the options, per Sony's official descriptions, include:

Payment equal to paid wallet balances (if $2 or more) in PSN or SOE accounts that have been inactive since the intrusions.
One or more of the following: a free PS3 or PSP game, three free PS3 themes, or a free three-month subscription to PlayStation Plus (once valid claims exceed $10 million, class members will still be eligible for one free month of PlayStation Plus).
A free month of Music Unlimited for Qriocity account holders who did not have a PSN account.
$4.50 in SOE Station Cash (amounts will be reduced proportionally if valid claims exceed $4 million).
In addition, Sony said it will reimburse users with out-of-pocket charges who suffered legitimate identity theft related to the network intrusion. Users can receive up to $2,500, though they'll need to provide documentation that the theft was caused by the network hack.

People who don't want to file claim forms over the internet can request the forms from Sony's Claims Administrator by writing to "PSN-SOE Settlement, PO Box 1947, Faribault, MN 55021" or by calling 1-877-552-1284.

A court assigned to the case will hold a Fairness Hearing on May 1, 2015 to confirm the settlement, and all claim submissions must be filed either online or in the mail by August 31, 2015.

About the settlement terms in general, Sony writes: "The Sony Entities deny any claims of wrongdoing in this case, and the settlement does not mean that the Sony Entities violated any laws or did anything wrong."

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to King Sosa for this useful post:

AgentJon, ClassicReign
01-24-2015, 03:42 PM #2
Just filed mine. Here is a list of what is available.

Games:
(PS3)
Dead Nation
inFamous
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
rain
Puppeteer
Invizimals: Lost Kingdom
God of War
(PSP)
LittleBigPlanet
ModNation Racers
Patapon 3
Killzone Liberation
WipEout Pure
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Dynamic Themes:
WipEout HD
UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception
TOKYO JUNGLE
The Last of Us
Ratchet & Clank
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves

Also a free 3 month subscription of Playstation Plus. (Note once valid claims exceed $10 million, class members will still be eligible for one free month of PlayStation Plus)

The following user thanked partypoker15 for this useful post:

King Sosa
01-25-2015, 01:32 AM #3
AgentJon
Former Staff
Awesome, thanks for the share, will be hopefully getting 6 months of PS+ for free.
01-25-2015, 03:59 PM #4
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
just a note i did this 3 days ago and read up on it. do not file for a money claim. they will close that account down after you get your money.
01-25-2015, 04:50 PM #5
Isaac Clarke
< ^ > < ^ >
im not gonna do it. since i own most of those games.
01-26-2015, 11:48 AM #6
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
I chose rain game lol, pretty good deal!

The following user thanked Joel for this useful post:

skaterboy16
01-27-2015, 01:08 AM #7
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Joel
I chose rain game lol, pretty good deal!

Good game to play.
01-27-2015, 01:10 AM #8
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Isaac
im not gonna do it. since i own most of those games.

I would still do it as if you don't pick a game or theme then you can pick 3 months of psn

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo