01-31-2015, 02:45 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony had decided to shutdown the service Music Unlimited, instead Spotify-powered PlayStation Music service is coming to Playstation platforms.
Video Unlimited is being rebranded to Playstation Video.

Music service ends march 2015 during 2012 the service had 1 million users.
Video service should stay the same and the switchover meant to happen during the end of next month.

Vita won't have any of the new services with a couple apps being removed due to API updates.

No word on the pricing but currently Spotify is $10 a month.
Service can be used as a app or audio overlay during games so you can play video games and listen to music.

May get me to sub to Spotify if I can use it on another set of platforms bonus of being able to play music in game is nice. Never subbed to Music Unlimited service due to the music on offer, with Spotify you get more not everybody but loads more.

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

WhyUMadKid
01-31-2015, 02:56 PM #2
Default Avatar
STVBDKD
Nice I be looking forward to this Spotify will be a paid service with less commercial's and a free service with more commercial's hell yeah screw music unlimited it was to damn expensive for me.
Last edited by STVBDKD ; 01-31-2015 at 02:58 PM.
01-31-2015, 03:20 PM #3
Alt
Banned
Never used it and I never use Spotify even though I have an account.
01-31-2015, 04:31 PM #4
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Why don't they just make it like XBOX 360 where you have music on the hard drive or external and can listen to it while playing games, best thing any console can do regarding music, unless you can listen to the spotify music while playing your game.
01-31-2015, 05:56 PM #5
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Sony had decided to shutdown the service Music Unlimited, instead Spotify-powered PlayStation Music service is coming to Playstation platforms.
Video Unlimited is being rebranded to Playstation Video.

Music service ends march 2015 during 2012 the service had 1 million users.
Video service should stay the same and the switchover meant to happen during the end of next month.

Vita won't have any of the new services with a couple apps being removed due to API updates.

No word on the pricing but currently Spotify is $10 a month.
Service can be used as a app or audio overlay during games so you can play video games and listen to music.

May get me to sub to Spotify if I can use it on another set of platforms bonus of being able to play music in game is nice. Never subbed to Music Unlimited service due to the music on offer, with Spotify you get more not everybody but loads more.

This has already been posted here - You must login or register to view this content. :p
01-31-2015, 06:00 PM #6
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Finally! I have spotify for life so this will all be good!
01-31-2015, 06:03 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
Why don't they just make it like XBOX 360 where you have music on the hard drive or external and can listen to it while playing games, best thing any console can do regarding music, unless you can listen to the spotify music while playing your game.

That still isn't a thing? Hell the original xbox had that.
01-31-2015, 07:13 PM #8
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
That still isn't a thing? Hell the original xbox had that.

Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post

They had that since the last update...
01-31-2015, 08:52 PM #9
bmob10189
At least I can fight
I wouldn't kno as I let a friend barrow my PS4

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo