Post: Next PS4 Firmware Update is “Not Too Far Out,” Says Sony
02-23-2015, 11:11 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

A lot of people have been wondering when the next major PlayStation 4 firmware update will go live considering that it’s been a while since we got the last one. While we haven’t been given a release date, Sony’s Fred Dutton has said that the upcoming firmware update isn’t “too far out.”

In response to multiple users asking about the update, he said:

"I haven’t got news for you today, but the next update is not too far out. We’ll update you here asap."

Unfortunately, we have no concrete details about what the next update will bring, but if a leak from last December is to be believed, a friend notification feature might be added. Recently, a report also suggested that the PS4 may get custom backgrounds in the next update, but there’s no word from Sony on that yet.

What are you hoping to see in the next firmware update?

[Source: You must login or register to view this content.]

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

A6shRkm,
03-05-2015, 06:22 PM #11
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Alt View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

A lot of people have been wondering when the next major PlayStation 4 firmware update will go live considering that it’s been a while since we got the last one. While we haven’t been given a release date, Sony’s Fred Dutton has said that the upcoming firmware update isn’t “too far out.”

In response to multiple users asking about the update, he said:

"I haven’t got news for you today, but the next update is not too far out. We’ll update you here asap."

Unfortunately, we have no concrete details about what the next update will bring, but if a leak from last December is to be believed, a friend notification feature might be added. Recently, a report also suggested that the PS4 may get custom backgrounds in the next update, but there’s no word from Sony on that yet.

What are you hoping to see in the next firmware update?

[Source: You must login or register to view this content.]

WHY NO ONLiNE STATUS NOTIFICATIONS! come on playstation pull your finger out.
03-05-2015, 06:22 PM #12
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
I would REALLY like to know when friends get online/go offline.

This .
03-05-2015, 07:24 PM #13
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by xLew
WHY NO ONLiNE STATUS NOTIFICATIONS! come on playstation pull your finger out.

One of the most requested features and they haven't added it yet Sal

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

xLew--
03-05-2015, 08:03 PM #14
Originally posted by Alt View Post
One of the most requested features and they haven't added it yet Sal

cause they are stuiped bro lol
03-06-2015, 03:18 PM #15
I'm just waiting for custom themes and some more improvements to the party and share play features.
03-06-2015, 04:05 PM #16
King Sosa
Error… Cat invasion!
Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
I would REALLY like to know when friends get online/go offline. I would also like to see media playback, if not directly by usb, than by media server. I really think that was stupid how they removed that from PS3>4. I loved downloading a movie and streaming it to our "theater". (I say theater, but its just a 42" tv with 5.1 surround sound set up)

Use Plex

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo