Post: Next PS4 Firmware Update is “Not Too Far Out,” Says Sony
02-23-2015, 11:11 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

A lot of people have been wondering when the next major PlayStation 4 firmware update will go live considering that it’s been a while since we got the last one. While we haven’t been given a release date, Sony’s Fred Dutton has said that the upcoming firmware update isn’t “too far out.”

In response to multiple users asking about the update, he said:

"I haven’t got news for you today, but the next update is not too far out. We’ll update you here asap."

Unfortunately, we have no concrete details about what the next update will bring, but if a leak from last December is to be believed, a friend notification feature might be added. Recently, a report also suggested that the PS4 may get custom backgrounds in the next update, but there’s no word from Sony on that yet.

What are you hoping to see in the next firmware update?

[Source: You must login or register to view this content.]

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

A6shRkm,
02-23-2015, 11:33 AM #2
Originally posted by Alt View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

A lot of people have been wondering when the next major PlayStation 4 firmware update will go live considering that it’s been a while since we got the last one. While we haven’t been given a release date, Sony’s Fred Dutton has said that the upcoming firmware update isn’t “too far out.”

In response to multiple users asking about the update, he said:

"I haven’t got news for you today, but the next update is not too far out. We’ll update you here asap."

Unfortunately, we have no concrete details about what the next update will bring, but if a leak from last December is to be believed, a friend notification feature might be added. Recently, a report also suggested that the PS4 may get custom backgrounds in the next update, but there’s no word from Sony on that yet.

[Source: You must login or register to view this content.]

I hope with the ps4 Theyll change up the GUI a bit with each new update like they did with Xbox 360 it's kind of boring if it stays the same like the PS3 :/
02-28-2015, 04:56 AM #3
Capture
Cloud 9
i want avatars to be sold on PS4 ps store already i hate having to get on my ps3 to change my avatar
02-28-2015, 10:57 PM #4
TotalModzHD
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Exploits :troll:
03-01-2015, 07:31 AM #5
Modus
¯\_(ツWinky Winky_/¯
inb4 more stability

The following user thanked Modus for this useful post:

DesperateAsshole
03-01-2015, 08:27 AM #6
Default Avatar
Kas
Originally posted by Eternity. View Post
i want avatars to be sold on PS4 ps store already i hate having to get on my ps3 to change my avatar

You can already change avatar on PS4 :LOL: I did it just a week ago
03-01-2015, 12:56 PM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Modus View Post
inb4 more stability

MORE!

More stable!

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Turk_Warrior
03-01-2015, 09:57 PM #8
AgentJon
Former Staff
Maybe just small notifications to see when friends come online. Custom themes would be cool, but I'm pretty happy where PS4 is at right now.
03-02-2015, 12:19 PM #9
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
As always, STABILITY!!!! WASTE 1GB of my bandwidth usage every time!
03-02-2015, 10:42 PM #10
I would REALLY like to know when friends get online/go offline. I would also like to see media playback, if not directly by usb, than by media server. I really think that was stupid how they removed that from PS3>4. I loved downloading a movie and streaming it to our "theater". (I say theater, but its just a 42" tv with 5.1 surround sound set up)

The following user thanked partypoker15 for this useful post:

xLew--

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo