03-06-2015, 10:29 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Sony Computer Entertainment has begun a new PlayStation 4 system software beta testing program for its PlayStation MVP Program members, and details on firmware update version 2.50, now in beta testing, have leaked.

The main feature of the 2.50 update is the long-awaited suspend/resume feature first announced at PlayStation 4’s reveal press conference in February last year.

Here’s the outline:

Main Features

The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
[Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.

This information comes from a beta tester who leaked the update screen image. There appears to be other features introduced in the update that are not main features, like one pertaining to trophies, but they are cut from the screenshot.

Delete trophies with zero percent.
Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.
SharePlay at 60 frames per second.
Share trophy details and screenshots.

Edit -

You must login or register to view this content.

Looks like you can do button mapping also.

Apparently the firmware is being planned for a public release either later this month or sometime in April.
Last edited by Alt ; 03-07-2015 at 12:25 AM.

The following 6 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Formal671, iHaxel, Isaac Clarke, mont266, oInsanity, TotalModzHD
03-17-2015, 03:20 PM #20
Formal671
Bounty hunter
2.04 is currently the latest update. Why is the update 2.50?
Serious question btw.
03-17-2015, 03:44 PM #21
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Formal671 View Post
2.04 is currently the latest update. Why is the update 2.50?
Serious question btw.

I have no idea lol. Maybe they've put a few patches into one?
03-18-2015, 10:35 AM #22
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
I can't really see myself using the button mapping feature, but the power down feature will be useful when going for dinner or to the shop or something.

The following user thanked SuperGamecube64 for this useful post:

Alt
03-20-2015, 08:40 PM #23
I'm still waiting for a layout revamp on the home page of the ps4. I don't know why, i just don't like the whole visual aspect how it's presented

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo