06-09-2015, 02:55 PM #1
Rebuged
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Once upon a time, two friends named Tommy Refenes and Edmund McMillen got together to make a game. They called that game “Super Meat Boy”. They were forced to form a company by “the Man” and that company was given the name “Team Meat”, they did not pick this name, it was on some promotional information for a press event they attended and being the savvy businessmen they are they took a note from Warren “G” Buffett and rolled with it. For 18 months they both slaved away creating the greatest platformer they possibly could. The process was hard and very well documented in Indie Game: The Movie. Neither Tommy nor Edmund expected Super Meat Boy to be a huge success. Much to their surprise, everyone wanted the game, including some very disappointed PlayStation fans.

You must login or register to view this content.

When Super Meat Boy was launched, Team Meat wasn’t allowed to bring it to PS3 for very complicated reasons. They hated that they had to alienate the loyal PlayStation fans who desperately wanted the game but couldn’t have it. They felt their pain as PlayStation fans had to suffer for years without the greatest platformer ever made by two guys named Tommy and Edmund. Team Meat was very sad about this, but what could they do? Their hands were tied.
Earlier this year, Team Meat got an unexpected gift. The gods smiled upon them and opened up a teeny tiny sliver of a path that could eventually lead them to re-release Super Meat Boy. Even though the path would be difficult they knew they owed it to their fans to at least try.
Fast forward to today. We walked that arduous path and with a lot of hard work, a little convincing.

Trailer

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Rebuged ; 06-09-2015 at 02:58 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Rebuged for this useful post:

eeee, ResistTheSun, taker1990
06-09-2015, 09:10 PM #2
Isaac Clarke
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by another user
greatest platformer ever made

i dont think so...
06-10-2015, 02:50 PM #3
Rebuged
Gym leader
Originally posted by Isaac
i dont think so...

Agreed, Still incredibly fun to play
06-10-2015, 08:22 PM #4
Alt
Banned
I've never played this game before so look forward to it!

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

Rebuged
06-10-2015, 10:02 PM #5
Chris
Former Staff
Kinda weird name I guess, but that makes it even the tiniest bit more interesting.
06-12-2015, 06:17 AM #6
Awesome news. Loved it on my 360. And now I'm going to get it on my PS4.

Very Nice!
06-12-2015, 10:05 PM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Super meat boy is one game which is just super annoying to play.
06-13-2015, 05:05 PM #8
Sounds weird af
06-14-2015, 09:09 PM #9
PlayAsGod
NextGenUpdate Elite
That's very good news. Played it some time ago via Steam but hadn't complete it.

Anyway, I think I'll pick up it and maybe it'll be listed in my Legit trophyshop here Awesome face
06-15-2015, 10:48 AM #10
Nana
Can’t trickshot me!
Its one of these rage games, no thanks! :argh:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo