06-30-2015, 11:51 PM #1
Chris
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony has shed light on how it managed to partner with ublishing giant Activision to secure Call of Duty DLC exclusiveness for the Sony Platforms.

Speaking with GameSpot, Adam Boyes, Sony's VP of Pubisher and Developer Relations, revealed that the format holder's relationship with Activision for Destiny played a significant part in the Call of Duty partnership.

Originally posted by another user
"Well, I think the first thing was we've had a great relationship with Activision around Destiny," Boyes said. "And I'm a huge fan of that.

"We fell in love instantly," Boyes said of Black Ops III, before describing the upcoming shooter as "transformative" thanks to its new features.

"As soon as I started playing it, I said, 'This feels incredible! You can wallride!' It's just so smooth; it's almost like poetic. And so obviously, we just continued talking with our partners at Activision and worked something out. And now we've got I think a great benefit to all the gamers."

Call of Duty: Black Ops III is set to launch in November for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. DLC will be released on Sony platforms first and other platforms will receive it roughly a month later. The beta access will also debut for Sony Platforms before any other.
Last edited by Chris ; 07-12-2015 at 08:16 AM.
07-09-2015, 02:57 PM #2
Well you can say anything about COD but...poetic?? seriously? However these partnerships are born from money interests obviously so I wouldn't be surpriced to discover that sony pays for exclusives games or DLCs
07-10-2015, 04:50 PM #3
xLew--
Former Staff
was expecting this to just say "get a ps4"

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

07-12-2015, 08:16 AM #4
Chris
Former Staff
Originally posted by xLew
was expecting this to just say "get a ps4"

That would be the best thing to say though... PS4 is superior.

The following 2 users say thank you to Chris for this useful post:

DexTeamFTW, Hola
07-12-2015, 08:19 AM #5
Dude its all about money
Sony company pays for exclusives games not any game *The legend games* and also DLC Too
07-12-2015, 08:54 AM #6
Adrian
Adrian is back!
Originally posted by Chris View Post
Sony has shed light on how it managed to partner with ublishing giant Activision to secure Call of Duty DLC exclusiveness for the Sony Platforms.

Speaking with GameSpot, Adam Boyes, Sony's VP of Pubisher and Developer Relations, revealed that the format holder's relationship with Activision for Destiny played a significant part in the Call of Duty partnership.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III is set to launch in November for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. DLC will be released on Sony platforms first and other platforms will receive it roughly a month later. The beta access will also debut for Sony Platforms before any other.

lol this thread thought :yes:

The following user thanked Adrian for this useful post:

Maverick
07-19-2015, 10:14 PM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Chris View Post
Sony has shed light on how it managed to partner with ublishing giant Activision to secure Call of Duty DLC exclusiveness for the Sony Platforms.

60% of the market does that.....
07-20-2015, 02:19 PM #8
Hopefully after this deal is over there is nobody getting exclusive deals since both had a turn. But part of me knows this wont happen. They just want to make money so it will keep happening
08-03-2015, 09:50 AM #9
PS finally gets stuff first after years man! Would love it to be equal, but even better the fact that it's on PS first!
PLAYSTATION NATION!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo