07-21-2015, 08:29 PM #1
iFruit
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So today I was scoping the web for a playstation 4

Noticed there was one for 110 pound with no controllers or games.

So I thought that's a pretty fair price as I would need to supply the extras .. So I email the guy (gumtree) and provide him with my phone number. He rings me off a unknown number and explains he is only a teenager and using his family's house phone so I believe him. Anyway he asks me to meet him in our local town centre (shopping mall) so I do meet him outside Argos lol the seller was the age of 13 so I didn't want to scare him to much I question him about the playstation asking if it has any faults or any thing I need to know . He promises me its all good and needs the money to buy a new phone so I hand the cash over . Go to cex and buy a new controller and destiny , drive home and plug it all in, it all turned on all fine so I start getting a bit excited get my gaming mode on. I go to sign in and BAM this console is banned error code ws-3733-4

Does anyone know how I can get this resolved

I have no way of contact with the seller , no numbers no names

I've searched online and apparently it's not the normal ban code so I'm not sure what to think.

Any advice. I'm 110 ($200) down and have a offline ps4 :( also spend 45 pound on the controller and 18 on destiny
07-21-2015, 09:18 PM #2
NJN
I sat on your nachos
I would give sony a call and tell them what happened. Other than that, I would have no idea what to do.
07-22-2015, 12:36 AM #3
I'm not sure you can do anything about it, sadly, Sony won't give a fuck, but you can at least call them or get your GF to call them pretending to be your mum and say you a little kid and that is all the money she had etc, lay it on thick, might have more chance that you calling.

Would of questioned myself why someone is selling a console without any games or controllers.
07-24-2015, 11:44 PM #4
Damn man, that's why I never buy second hand
07-25-2015, 04:26 PM #5
iFruit
Do a barrel roll!
I'm absolutely gutted . I have a expensive heavy paper weight and can't afford another ps4 till payday lol :( it's killing me I just want to play playstation and I've had to spend my two weeks off work just looking at my banned console :(
07-25-2015, 04:29 PM #6
zeusthunder10
I defeated!
I would straight up get the police involved. Call your phone company tell them what happened, they should be able to track the number.
07-25-2015, 10:35 PM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by iFruit View Post
So today I was scoping the web for a playstation 4

Noticed there was one for 110 pound with no controllers or games.

So I thought that's a pretty fair price as I would need to supply the extras .. So I email the guy (gumtree) and provide him with my phone number. He rings me off a unknown number and explains he is only a teenager and using his family's house phone so I believe him. Anyway he asks me to meet him in our local town centre (shopping mall) so I do meet him outside Argos lol the seller was the age of 13 so I didn't want to scare him to much I question him about the playstation asking if it has any faults or any thing I need to know . He promises me its all good and needs the money to buy a new phone so I hand the cash over . Go to cex and buy a new controller and destiny , drive home and plug it all in, it all turned on all fine so I start getting a bit excited get my gaming mode on. I go to sign in and BAM this console is banned error code ws-3733-4

Does anyone know how I can get this resolved

I have no way of contact with the seller , no numbers no names

I've searched online and apparently it's not the normal ban code so I'm not sure what to think.

Any advice. I'm 110 ($200) down and have a offline ps4 :( also spend 45 pound on the controller and 18 on destiny

Price should been the biggest warning
07-26-2015, 01:22 AM #8
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
How does a 13 year old get a PS4 console ban Wtf
07-26-2015, 02:21 PM #9
Maybe massive insulting online. (due rage).

Anyway , have you tried to make a new psn account ?

Error code says that the SEN account / PSN Account is blocked , so might just create a new fresh one and link it.
Last edited by kintaro14 ; 07-26-2015 at 02:24 PM.
08-03-2015, 09:58 AM #10
If I were you I'd chat and tell the sony Live Chat everything that happened. Those guys on the live chat help me with anything and it like works out perfectly 90% of the time.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo