07-30-2015, 04:57 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
New "Vote to Play" feature spotted on PlayStation Network.

Sony is rolling out new PlayStation Network functionality that lets PlayStation 4 users vote for what game they want to see added to the PlayStation Plus free game lineup next.

This comes from a NeoGAF forum user in the UK who says a video popped up describing a new feature called "Vote to Play." According to the image below, you'll have a choice of three games. The one with the most votes after a set period of time will be added to the following month's roster of free games.

You must login or register to view this content.

The other two titles, meanwhile, will reportedly be available at discounts for PS Plus users. A video describing the new Vote to Play feature is viewable from the What's New section of the PS4 dashboard.

Another image reveals that the first games in the Vote to Play menu are Armello, Grow Home, and Zombie Vikings. Grow Home, developed as an experimental project at Ubisoft, has not yet been officially announced for PS4, though the publisher has previously talked about bringing it to consoles.

Presumably, these would be options for September's free PS Plus games, as August's were just announced.

Do you like the idea? Share your thoughts below.

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

hatecorp
07-30-2015, 08:32 PM #2
diiRty_StaChE
Gettin Ripped, Playin Games!
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Sony is rolling out new PlayStation Network functionality that lets PlayStation 4 users vote for what game they want to see added to the PlayStation Plus free game lineup next.

This comes from a NeoGAF forum user in the UK who says a video popped up describing a new feature called "Vote to Play." According to the image below, you'll have a choice of three games. The one with the most votes after a set period of time will be added to the following month's roster of free games.

The other two titles, meanwhile, will reportedly be available at discounts for PS Plus users. A video describing the new Vote to Play feature is viewable from the What's New section of the PS4 dashboard.

Another image reveals that the first games in the Vote to Play menu are Armello, Grow Home, and Zombie Vikings. Grow Home, developed as an experimental project at Ubisoft, has not yet been officially announced for PS4, though the publisher has previously talked about bringing it to consoles.

Presumably, these would be options for September's free PS Plus games, as August's were just announced.

I like the idea but I still feel like Sony will just rig the voting so that the games they want will be available and we wont really know whether it has been a fair vote.
07-30-2015, 09:22 PM #3
Janchii
Bounty hunter
Sounds great! We're paying for the Plus subcription, so it would be great if I can vote for my favo game!
07-30-2015, 09:30 PM #4
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Alt View Post

My thoughts is it's a marketing trick, tryna get more ppl to sign up for PS now, nothing really special still.
08-05-2015, 12:32 PM #5
TotalModzHD
Bounty hunter
Most of them are shit games anyway so i'm not too bothered with this.
08-06-2015, 07:16 AM #6
I agree with a few people, it's cool that subs plus get to vote, but most of the games are not really well-made... They look like you can just play them in a web-browser lol.
08-06-2015, 08:32 AM #7
Zupah
Are you high?
Well this is some good news lol.
08-08-2015, 05:30 AM #8
looks decent to bad all the games will probably be horrible ones
08-10-2015, 07:57 PM #9
Chems
Haxor!
Fallout 4 m8.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.