Post: Why Can't I Change My PSN Name? - PS I Love You XOXO Ep. 7
11-03-2015, 11:47 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

The Youtube video above is all about changing PSN names and why its hard for Sony to do so.

Last edited by Alt ; 11-03-2015 at 11:50 PM.
11-04-2015, 05:01 AM #2
The Omega Man
Pokemon Trainer
They've spoken about it on a few occasions. And basically what they've stated is that they're trying to prevent trolls from screwing around on games. There's a big question in today's society about anonymity and social interaction on the Internet and how to prevent them doing what they do. It's a no brainer that being able to change your name at will will give trolls the ability to stay anonymous to the public regardless of whatever heinous bullshit they like to do. All I know is harassment on message and image boards is a big problem that's why many of them are starting to make it so you need to give some information about yourself (an email) out to make you not want to say disrespectful and hurtful things.
11-04-2015, 10:45 AM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by The
They've spoken about it on a few occasions. And basically what they've stated is that they're trying to prevent trolls from screwing around on games. There's a big question in today's society about anonymity and social interaction on the Internet and how to prevent them doing what they do. It's a no brainer that being able to change your name at will will give trolls the ability to stay anonymous to the public regardless of whatever heinous bullshit they like to do. All I know is harassment on message and image boards is a big problem that's why many of them are starting to make it so you need to give some information about yourself (an email) out to make you not want to say disrespectful and hurtful things.

Thats one thing but another one as it says in the video is how Sonys database is set up.
11-05-2015, 06:48 AM #4
Default Avatar
Roar
I always wanted to be able to change out names like on xbox. I made the mistake of making mine LADYSKILLZZ back in the day. There's nothing worse than being a female playing call of duty tears
11-05-2015, 09:57 AM #5
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by LADY View Post
I always wanted to be able to change out names like on xbox. I made the mistake of making mine LADYSKILLZZ back in the day. There's nothing worse than being a female playing call of duty tears

Ive got a few female friends who get abuse on CoD. We used to play on Xbox 360 so that goes to show the age range of people who use Xbox hue hue hue
11-06-2015, 10:06 AM #6
G33B0X
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Alt View Post

The Youtube video above is all about changing PSN names and why its hard for Sony to do so.

They changed all my PSN Names Happy after i got banned bc of them ayy lmao :borat:
11-13-2015, 09:15 PM #7
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Thats one thing but another one as it says in the video is how Sonys database is set up.

thats what i heard from a official source somewhere, it would take a big amount of time to rewrite it as its not set up for it

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

Alt
11-13-2015, 09:16 PM #8
xLew--
Former Staff
its 100% do able and sony are doing it, my friend had a 'bad name' and after people reporting him sony got incontact and banned it and offered him a name change, he kept all trophies and purchases, i even posted about this on the official forums. come on sony we all want this ffs
11-13-2015, 10:58 PM #9
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Originally posted by The

That's the worse excuse I have ever heard from Sony. Report the fuckers if they like to troll, it's not hard to do. It's not like they can make a new account to troll anyways.
12-11-2015, 09:40 AM #10
Adkins
Banned
I wish they would use that feature. I like to switch up but I can't because I don't want to pay for more ps+

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo