Post: How to directly connect your PS4 to your PC via LAN cable for the optimal
04-06-2016, 07:23 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 1) Connect an Ethernet/LAN cable to your PS4 and your PC.

2) On your PC, go to control panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing centre

3) On the left panel choose "change adapter settings"

4) You will get a screen like this

You must login or register to view this content.

5)From here, click on your active WiFi connection so that it is selected and highlighted in blue

6)While holding the control button on your keyboard, click on your computer's Ethernet connection. If your PS4 is connected to the LAN cable it will say "Identifying..." under your Ethernet connection. Windows should also label it as "Ethernet". You should now have both your active WiFi connection and your Ethernet connection highlighted and selected.

7)Right click on your WiFi connection and choose "Bridge connections" Once you have done this right click on the newly created network bridge (should be labeled "Ethernet 2") and click "Status". Under "IPv4 Connectivity" it should say "Internet".

8 )Once you've got the "Internet" status, go to your PS4's network settings, choose to connect via LAN cable this time, and you can now use remote play as normal.

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

zheeshaan
04-06-2016, 07:25 PM #2
Reyz
Banned
Originally posted by Alt View Post
1) Connect an Ethernet/LAN cable to your PS4 and your PC.

2) On your PC, go to control panel --> Network and Internet --> Network and Sharing centre

5)From here, click on your active WiFi connection so that it is selected and highlighted in blue

6)While holding the control button on your keyboard, click on your computer's Ethernet connection. If your PS4 is connected to the LAN cable it will say "Identifying..." under your Ethernet connection. Windows should also label it as "Ethernet". You should now have both your active WiFi connection and your Ethernet connection highlighted and selected.

7)Right click on your WiFi connection and choose "Bridge connections" Once you have done this right click on the newly created network bridge (should be labeled "Ethernet 2") and click "Status". Under "IPv4 Connectivity" it should say "Internet".

8 )Once you've got the "Internet" status, go to your PS4's network settings, choose to connect via LAN cable this time, and you can now use remote play as normal.

Great tutorial Alt! I'm going to fucking abuse this tomorrow! <3
04-06-2016, 09:40 PM #3
HMTTKB
Bounty hunter

Could this be done for Mac?
04-07-2016, 01:51 PM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by HMTTKB View Post
Could this be done for Mac?

Im guessing so yes
04-13-2016, 01:45 PM #5

I do this, except I don't bridge the connections. I just share it. Is there a difference or does your way provide better speed and connection? I only do this cause my parents turn off the internet at night, but all I do is change my MAC address on my laptop, then connect my ps4 and laptop. Then I can go online. Please answer.
04-15-2016, 05:16 AM #6
Hey. Thanks for this tip. I can now fix without any IT helpers
04-21-2016, 07:19 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup

Well that's not really optimal since you are still using wifi. You could just pick up a cheap nic and use ICS.
04-22-2016, 02:13 PM #8
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Well that's not really optimal since you are still using wifi. You could just pick up a cheap nic and use ICS.

It was a C&P from Reddit.
I don't use Windows..
04-23-2016, 06:42 AM #9
Default Avatar
Oneup
It was a C&P from Reddit.
I don't use Windows..

It's a feature on almost every operating system.
04-24-2016, 12:24 PM #10
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
It's a feature on almost every operating system.

Maybe so, but I just copied and pasted it without giving it much thought..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo