08-25-2016, 03:45 PM #1
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

As with Steam, Battle.net, Xbox Live, Google and many other services, once the user signs in with their PSN ID, a verification code will be sent to the account holder via text.

One the code is sent, the user will need to enter said code in order to continue the sign in process.

The new security feature is optional, so it’s not being forced on PSN users. It’s a smart choice, however, for those who save their credit or debit card information on the service.

When signing into your account on the network, you will use your password along with a verification code that you will receive on your mobile phone via text. By requiring two forms of identification for sign-in, your account and personal information will be better protected.

To enable 2 step verification please visit this link: You must login or register to view this content.
For even more information on Sony's 2SV please visit this link: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 3 users say thank you to Cryptic for this useful post:

DoozyXGod, Jon Snow, TheMightyMoJo
08-25-2016, 03:49 PM #2
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

As with Steam, Battle.net, Xbox Live, Google and many other services, once the user signs in with their PSN ID, a verification code will be sent to the account holder via text.

One the code is sent, the user will need to enter said code in order to continue the sign in process.

The new security feature is optional, so it’s not being forced on PSN users. It’s a smart choice, however, for those who save their credit or debit card information on the service.

When signing into your account on the network, you will use your password along with a verification code that you will receive on your mobile phone via text. By requiring two forms of identification for sign-in, your account and personal information will be better protected.

To enable 2 step verification please visit this link: You must login or register to view this content.
For even more information on Sony's 2SV please visit this link: You must login or register to view this content.

finally, i was talking to my friend about this the other day
08-25-2016, 03:54 PM #3
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
Originally posted by Jon
finally, i was talking to my friend about this the other day

It does seem a bit overdue but in relation to other gaming platforms, Steam just added it last year with their mobile authenticator.

Nonetheless it's an extremely important feature for account security.

PSN users just need to hope that Sony doesn't make it mandatory for doing things like buying games, like how Steam made it (basically made it so, it's not truly required but there's 15 day waiting periods w/o mobile auth) required for trading and listing things on the market.

I eventually see it being required (in the same manner how Steam "requires" it) for market actions
08-25-2016, 06:04 PM #4
Specter
Pro Memer
I love how services have had this for years and this is just now getting introduced to psn.
08-26-2016, 07:16 AM #5
blushing<3

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo