Do a barrel roll!
Driveclub, GTA 5, Minecraft, Rocket League, soon Battlefield 1😍😍
08-28-2016, 09:15 PM #4
KL9
★ NGU ★
All of my games. (20)

Digital is the way to go!
- Don’t have to go to the store.
- Don’t have to take out the first disk and find the next one every time you wanna play a game.
- Don’t have to worry about breaking or damaging or losing the disk.
- Disks make the console loud and hot.
- Often times digital games are on sale.
- Faster read speed on an SSD vs Disk.
- You get Sony rewards.

Just some examples off the top of my head.
Last edited by KL9 ; 08-28-2016 at 09:25 PM.
08-28-2016, 10:40 PM #5
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Originally posted by KL9 View Post
All of my games. (20)

Digital is the way to go!
- Don’t have to go to the store.
- Don’t have to take out the first disk and find the next one every time you wanna play a game.
- Don’t have to worry about breaking or damaging or losing the disk.
- Disks make the console loud and hot.
- Often times digital games are on sale.
- Faster read speed on an SSD vs Disk.
- You get Sony rewards.

Just some examples off the top of my head.

I agree with him 1,000%. Ever since I bought my PS4 back in 2014, i've boughten EVERY game off the PS Store. Just for the reasons you listed and a few more. Which are:

1. You can download the entire game before it releases
  2. As soon as its release time, which is 9pm PST for me, you can play. You dont have to wait in line at your local store.
  3. If you know the right people, you can get your games with a 50% discount maybe even more if they like you. Im talking about people that sell PSN cards on here by the way, lol.

Like I bought Madden 17 and the digital deluxe edition of CoD IW already for only $80! Which would've cost me $160. That's one hell of a discount. Just shows you that digital is the way to go now-a-days fellas

The following user thanked TheManDavid for this useful post:

KL9
08-29-2016, 12:25 AM #6
Khemz
Roll Safe
2 or so
08-29-2016, 01:57 AM #7
KL9
★ NGU ★
I was just thinking... It's so stupid that they even make games on disk anymore. The worst part is that game consoles cost at least $80 more then they would with out that massive blue ray player. And without it, the consoles would be like 50% smaller and more efficient. They could use that space for something like a bad ass GPU and more RAM. But sadly I don't think it will happen because GameStop sucks Sony's and Microsoft's dick too much. :/
08-29-2016, 02:16 AM #8
Originally posted by KL9 View Post
I was just thinking... It's so stupid that they even make games on disk anymore. The worst part is that game consoles cost at least $80 more then they would with out that massive blue ray player. And without it, the consoles would be like 50% smaller and more efficient. They could use that space for something like a bad ass GPU and more RAM. But sadly I don't think it will happen because GameStop sucks Sony's and Microsoft's dick too much. :/

No, some of us enjoy having games on our shelves. I don't want my game ownership being determined by Sony, and that if I were account banned, I'd never get to play my games, or say the servers go down and I'm never able to download the games again. Besides, HDD gets full quickly, don't need to be deleting HDD games over and over. Besides, you can sell/refund a disc.
08-29-2016, 04:17 AM #9
TheManDavid
Your mother!
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
No, some of us enjoy having games on our shelves. I don't want my game ownership being determined by Sony, and that if I were account banned, I'd never get to play my games, or say the servers go down and I'm never able to download the games again. Besides, HDD gets full quickly, don't need to be deleting HDD games over and over. Besides, you can sell/refund a disc.

"Besides, HDD gets full quickly, don't need to be deleting HDD games over and over."

You can't use this at all. If you buy a game through the PS Store or on disc, its going to end up on your console regardless. The same amount of space and everything. So really, this "argument" is invalid.
08-29-2016, 12:44 PM #10
Originally posted by TheManDavid View Post
"Besides, HDD gets full quickly, don't need to be deleting HDD games over and over."

You can't use this at all. If you buy a game through the PS Store or on disc, its going to end up on your console regardless. The same amount of space and everything. So really, this "argument" is invalid.

Okay how about this: PSNStore games come prepatched, discs don't. So if someone wants to do the glitch to get some VERY tedious trophies out of the way on Uncharted 4, they'd have to do so with disc. And fine, yes, discs now install to HDD, but the difference is: if you delete a PSNStore game, you have to redownload it, which can take quite a long time if it's 30+gb, while a disc would just need to be reinstalled. Much of that could be alleviated by upgrading to more storage, yes, but that's just my view.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo