Post: PS4 SDK updates hint at possibly allowing PSN ID changes in the future?
11-16-2016, 05:16 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was reading release notes for Unreal Engine 4.14 (here) and noticed something interesting:

Originally posted by another user
Refactored the PlayStation 4 Online Subsystem engine plugin to support PlayStation 4 SDK version 4.008.061.

Deprecated the use of “Sce Np Online Id,” replacing it with “Sce Np Account Id,” as per Sony's recommendation. Online users are now exclusively identified by their “Sce Np Account Id.”

Simplified the handling of unique net IDs across the PS4 online subsystem.

Switched from “Np Toolkit” to “Np Toolkit2,” to support the new APIs which work with “Sce Np Account Id.”

Added asynchronous name resolution to convert between “Sce Np Online Id” and “Sce Np Account Id,” using Sony's ID mapper web interface.

For PlayStation 4 online users, the “To String” and “Get Bytes” functions in “Unique Net Id” now return the user's “Sce Np Account Id.”

Previously these functions returned the user's “Sce Np Online Id.” Any custom online code or services backend will need to handle identifying users by their “Sce Np Account Id,” as according to Sony's recommendations.

If required, the “Sce Np Online Id” for local users and friends can be obtained via the “Get Display Name” interface in “Online User.”

Looks like Sony is making changes to make sure games retrieve PSN ID via internal account ID which would allow to unbind data from display name. Could this mean we can hope for PSN ID changes in the future? Still a big question on how it's going to be handled for the old titles and platforms, but looks like some progress is being made.

This is a copy and paste from - You must login or register to view this content.

The following 4 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

BurtE, Jon Snow, Ciri, xLew--
11-29-2016, 07:30 PM #11
xLew--
Former Staff
im still waiting ill pay aswell, ive made numberous account reserving the names i want.

sony has to do something what happens when every name is taken, and people have to have 73728747628943928737948 on the ends of their chosen usernames. i reckon until one of the sony internal devs gets pissed of with having a crap name with loads of numbers we wont see this happening haha

maybe we should all make accounts and take every last username lol
11-30-2016, 03:46 PM #12
itzhavok
Save Point
i hope to god we see this happen
12-05-2016, 08:27 AM #13
aBoss
< ^ > < ^ >
lol there actually one was a way to change your PSN and I did it and lost all my friends Happy

I still had all my games and money tho

Anyways this is MUCH needed
12-05-2016, 03:09 PM #14
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I was reading release notes for Unreal Engine 4.14 (here) and noticed something interesting:

Looks like Sony is making changes to make sure games retrieve PSN ID via internal account ID which would allow to unbind data from display name. Could this mean we can hope for PSN ID changes in the future? Still a big question on how it's going to be handled for the old titles and platforms, but looks like some progress is being made.

This is a copy and paste from - You must login or register to view this content.

Now I can have PSN: Kawaii ? Gasp
12-09-2016, 12:24 PM #15
Sparrow
Big Papi
Probably do it like Xbox where you have to pay for a name change (1st one free).

Took the yearly subscription off them, so why not this Enzo
12-09-2016, 12:25 PM #16
Sparrow
Big Papi
Be nice if they had the ability to centralise all your data too... had way too many accounts for different games when I was a younger.

Damn cod clans angery doggo
12-09-2016, 04:36 PM #17
CC453
Keeper
I just hope they don't charge an arm and leg to change your PSN ID when it happens.
12-15-2016, 05:06 AM #18
I want to change mine so bad KappaClaus
12-20-2016, 04:57 AM #19
Man I hope we can change names mine doesn't look so good

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo