Post: PS4 SDK updates hint at possibly allowing PSN ID changes in the future?
11-16-2016, 05:16 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was reading release notes for Unreal Engine 4.14 (here) and noticed something interesting:

Originally posted by another user
Refactored the PlayStation 4 Online Subsystem engine plugin to support PlayStation 4 SDK version 4.008.061.

Deprecated the use of “Sce Np Online Id,” replacing it with “Sce Np Account Id,” as per Sony's recommendation. Online users are now exclusively identified by their “Sce Np Account Id.”

Simplified the handling of unique net IDs across the PS4 online subsystem.

Switched from “Np Toolkit” to “Np Toolkit2,” to support the new APIs which work with “Sce Np Account Id.”

Added asynchronous name resolution to convert between “Sce Np Online Id” and “Sce Np Account Id,” using Sony's ID mapper web interface.

For PlayStation 4 online users, the “To String” and “Get Bytes” functions in “Unique Net Id” now return the user's “Sce Np Account Id.”

Previously these functions returned the user's “Sce Np Online Id.” Any custom online code or services backend will need to handle identifying users by their “Sce Np Account Id,” as according to Sony's recommendations.

If required, the “Sce Np Online Id” for local users and friends can be obtained via the “Get Display Name” interface in “Online User.”

Looks like Sony is making changes to make sure games retrieve PSN ID via internal account ID which would allow to unbind data from display name. Could this mean we can hope for PSN ID changes in the future? Still a big question on how it's going to be handled for the old titles and platforms, but looks like some progress is being made.

This is a copy and paste from - You must login or register to view this content.

The following 4 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

BurtE, Jon Snow, Ciri, xLew--
11-16-2016, 05:19 PM #2
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I was reading release notes for Unreal Engine 4.14 (here) and noticed something interesting:

Looks like Sony is making changes to make sure games retrieve PSN ID via internal account ID which would allow to unbind data from display name. Could this mean we can hope for PSN ID changes in the future? Still a big question on how it's going to be handled for the old titles and platforms, but looks like some progress is being made.

This is a copy and paste from - You must login or register to view this content.

Creaming in my pants just imagining being able to change psn name
11-16-2016, 06:10 PM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
Creaming in my pants just imagining being able to change psn name

Same! I can change my gay ass PSN name I made when the PS3 first came out lol

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

BurtE
11-21-2016, 01:12 AM #4
iDeity
Bounty hunter
Although changing our PSN names would be nice I'd also like if games allowed you to use your "real name" as the display name.
11-21-2016, 02:20 AM #5
xPurpBoyyx
Bounty hunter
I was reading release notes for Unreal Engine 4.14 (here) and noticed something interesting:

Sony has already the ability to change PSN Names but only if a Sony rep chooses to. I've had a PS4 account reported for a vulgar name and Sony temp banned me until I called them. They asked me what name I wanted and it changed when I signed back in. I know it was the same account cause all my stats pushed to the name. Like bo3, gta 5, etc. and my trophies were kept.
11-21-2016, 02:47 AM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod

I've seen this a week ago, and it was pretty interesting if you ask me. I wonder how'd they have it organized to be honest.
11-21-2016, 03:47 AM #7
Kronos
Former Staff

i wonder if they do do this, will they release like all the old unused PSN names like xbox did a while ago? because then otherwise there will be like no names to change to lol considering all the good ones are probably taken
11-21-2016, 06:57 PM #8
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
i wonder if they do do this, will they release like all the old unused PSN names like xbox did a while ago? because then otherwise there will be like no names to change to lol considering all the good ones are probably taken

Hope they do lol

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

Ciri
11-21-2016, 07:03 PM #9
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Nice Share bro, i need to change my psn name
11-21-2016, 09:04 PM #10
GeNeSiSx--
Can’t trickshot me!
If this is true they better reset inactives

The following 2 users say thank you to GeNeSiSx-- for this useful post: