11-17-2016, 04:40 PM #1
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Realized I put CFW Trophy/Platinum Hunters in the thread title... Totally off. Meant OFW. Smile

(I posted this in PS4 General as opposed to You must login or register to view this content., seeing as that's more of a hub for sharing gamesaves.)

To all of you Playstation 4 (3, Vita, etc.) users out there who make it their responsibility to achieve as many platinum trophies as possible, or even just as many trophies as possible:

What are your methods?
Why do you do it?
How do you decide a game is worthy of absolute completion?

I'm just curious as to see why and how people do it.

When I was getting trophies, difficulty was a huge variable in my decision as to whether or not I wanted to go for 100% or Platinum. If it took too much effort, it wasn't worth the stress for a trophy. I was more of a casual trophy/platinum hunter.
Last edited by TheBigRod ; 11-20-2016 at 07:18 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to TheBigRod for this useful post:

xLew--
11-20-2016, 07:16 AM #11
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
Originally posted by Tristen View Post
yeah i remember reaching level 12 and being recognized as a real trophy hunter but now i have 98% of all ps3 ga,es a;; trophies completed plus PS4/Vita games i have synced to my account i have well over 2400 games on my account

That's crazy. CFW ruined trophy hunting profiles. :( You can differentiate between CFW and OFW accounts easily if the CFW user has well over 2,400 games on his account. Winky Winky
11-20-2016, 07:19 AM #12
Tristen
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by TW View Post
That's crazy. CFW ruined trophy hunting profiles. :( You can differentiate between CFW and OFW accounts easily if the CFW user has well over 2,400 games on his account. Winky Winky

yeah but im also a game collector and i just like having all the trophies i can i have all the games except beta games like Don't be late or nba jam or aero-cross but other than that i have every ps3 trophy folders
11-20-2016, 07:22 AM #13
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
yeah but im also a game collector and i just like having all the trophies i can i have all the games except beta games like Don't be late or nba jam or aero-cross but other than that i have every ps3 trophy folders

That's pretty neat, I guess I never looked at it that way. That account must look beastly.
11-20-2016, 07:29 AM #14
Tristen
Who’s Jim Erased?
That's pretty neat, I guess I never looked at it that way. That account must look beastly.

lol yeah man i just miss a few digital only games that havent been leaked yet :/
11-20-2016, 07:32 AM #15
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
lol yeah man i just miss a few digital only games that havent been leaked yet :/

Haha! You seem to know what you're doing - I'm sure you'll find them in due time.
11-20-2016, 08:01 AM #16
Tristen
Who’s Jim Erased?
Haha! You seem to know what you're doing - I'm sure you'll find them in due time.

are you a trophy hunter?
11-20-2016, 08:05 AM #17
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
are you a trophy hunter?

I used to play any easy game for their trophies and never involved myself in CFW stuff. Now, it's more of a casual thing where obtaining trophies just adds to the experience of the game. As far as 100%/Platinums go, I'll only go for 'em if I'm really having fun.

Mafia III seems to be going pretty smoothly right now. Wasted a lot of time getting two-thirds of the collectibles out of the way (160+ in-game, I believe) and I find out on Google that collectibles don't unlock any trophies, hahaha.

I wouldn't call myself a 'Trophy Hunter' per se, though.
11-29-2016, 07:55 PM #18
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by 907 View Post
Realized I put CFW Trophy/Platinum Hunters in the thread title... Totally off. Meant OFW. Smile

(I posted this in PS4 General as opposed to You must login or register to view this content., seeing as that's more of a hub for sharing gamesaves.)

To all of you Playstation 4 (3, Vita, etc.) users out there who make it their responsibility to achieve as many platinum trophies as possible, or even just as many trophies as possible:

What are your methods?
Why do you do it?
How do you decide a game is worthy of absolute completion?

I'm just curious as to see why and how people do it.

When I was getting trophies, difficulty was a huge variable in my decision as to whether or not I wanted to go for 100% or Platinum. If it took too much effort, it wasn't worth the stress for a trophy. I was more of a casual trophy/platinum hunter.

What are your methods? Play, if possible with help from friends to lend a hand, spare pad sometimes helps if possible too

Why do you do it? never used to phase me, until i got a few myself, then i was one of the original members of a trophy group on the official forums and ps home club, was good made me feel like i was getting my monies worth from the games that i was playing, but mainly hearing that trophy ping was addictive

How do you decide a game is worthy of absolute completion? it used to be multiplayer trophies and difficulty trophies that were my main factors but now thats still a deciding factor but now any that look like theyll be stressful or grindy ill either complete as much as i can or not even bother haha its all about enjoying the games and getting as many trophies.
12-01-2016, 03:55 AM #19
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
Originally posted by xLew
What are your methods? Play, if possible with help from friends to lend a hand, spare pad sometimes helps if possible too

Why do you do it? never used to phase me, until i got a few myself, then i was one of the original members of a trophy group on the official forums and ps home club, was good made me feel like i was getting my monies worth from the games that i was playing, but mainly hearing that trophy ping was addictive

How do you decide a game is worthy of absolute completion? it used to be multiplayer trophies and difficulty trophies that were my main factors but now thats still a deciding factor but now any that look like theyll be stressful or grindy ill either complete as much as i can or not even bother haha its all about enjoying the games and getting as many trophies.

Hey Lew! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what's up. Haven't seen you in forever! (My most known username was TheBigRod.)

I agree with you 100% on that ... Trophy hunting gives you the opportunity to get the most out of the game that you've purchased as well as giving you a feeling of accomplishment (that shows!)

As far as the grinding trophies, I can totally feel you on that. There are a few on Final Fantasy XV right now that will take some time but hopefully they'll be done before I complete the game. Super stoked!

The following user thanked TheBigRod for this useful post:

xLew--

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo