11-17-2016, 04:40 PM #1
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Realized I put CFW Trophy/Platinum Hunters in the thread title... Totally off. Meant OFW. Smile

(I posted this in PS4 General as opposed to You must login or register to view this content., seeing as that's more of a hub for sharing gamesaves.)

To all of you Playstation 4 (3, Vita, etc.) users out there who make it their responsibility to achieve as many platinum trophies as possible, or even just as many trophies as possible:

What are your methods?
Why do you do it?
How do you decide a game is worthy of absolute completion?

I'm just curious as to see why and how people do it.

When I was getting trophies, difficulty was a huge variable in my decision as to whether or not I wanted to go for 100% or Platinum. If it took too much effort, it wasn't worth the stress for a trophy. I was more of a casual trophy/platinum hunter.
Last edited by TheBigRod ; 11-20-2016 at 07:18 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to TheBigRod for this useful post:

xLew--
11-17-2016, 05:12 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by TW View Post
(I posted this in PS4 General as opposed to You must login or register to view this content., seeing as that's more of a hub for sharing gamesaves.)

To all of you Playstation 4 (3, Vita, etc.) users out there who make it their responsibility to achieve as many platinum trophies as possible, or even just as many trophies as possible:

What are your methods?
Why do you do it?
How do you decide a game is worthy of absolute completion?*

I'm just curious as to see why and how people do it.*

When I was getting trophies, difficulty was a huge variable in my decision as to whether or not I wanted to go for 100% or Platinum. If it took too much effort, it wasn't worth the stress for a trophy. I was more of a casual trophy/platinum hunter.

It really all depends, people who go for trophies (legit) usually be smart about, and purchase mini games that have a Platinum. Since Mini-Games can easily achieve a platinum, and also be beat in a matter of hours. It makes it effortless to gain a higher level. Overall, there are barely any trophy hunters anymore. Mainly because everyone is buying modded plats, or time-stamped trophies. Real trophy hunters are very patient, and hardworking individuals.
11-17-2016, 05:23 PM #3
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
It really all depends, people who go for trophies (legit) usually be smart about, and purchase mini games that have a Platinum. Since Mini-Games can easily achieve a platinum, and also be beat in a matter of hours. It makes it effortless to gain a higher level. Overall, there are barely any trophy hunters anymore. Mainly because everyone is buying modded plats, or time-stamped trophies. Real trophy hunters are very patient, and hardworking individuals.

I don't think you can speak for anyone if you're not apart of their group, just saying! I also asked what you do as far as trophy hunting, your tactics and methods, not everyone else's.

Also, we're talking about CFW here, not OFW and people who buy modded plats or time-stamped trophies. I appreciate your response but I'd also appreciate it if you'd stick to the topic at hand. Thanks. Smile
11-18-2016, 01:32 PM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post

My team leader at work only goes for trophies

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

TheBigRod
11-18-2016, 11:04 PM #5
ymh
Treasure hunter
Methods:
Before i start a new game i like to look up a little info on the game and the trophy list so i can earn it efficiently as i possibly can.
On the ps3 i like to pull out the battery to reset the consoles time and date setting so i can legit earn trophies at a earlier date.
alot of people don't like this but i also use my cfw to regain old trophies from my old account from 2010 - 2014 (ps3 games only) to get some trophies back, wish sony would just let us transfer them but sadly the only way to regain thousands of hours of life wasted. but i only had around 50 plats on that account and my last account only had like 29, i currently don't have a main account though so atm i'm playing offline on ps4.

why i do it:
cause i have no life outside of work atm lol. hanging out with friends i don't find fun as i'm anti social as ****.

how do i decide if its worth wasting my time on:
simple, it its fun its worth finishing. If it has online trophies then i could't give a dam whether i finish it or not. my internet is rubbish making most online games a waste of time.
Last edited by ymh ; 11-18-2016 at 11:06 PM.

The following user thanked ymh for this useful post:

TheBigRod
11-18-2016, 11:11 PM #6
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
Originally posted by JFT View Post
Methods:
Before i start a new game i like to look up a little info on the game and the trophy list so i can earn it efficiently as i possibly can.
On the ps3 i like to pull out the battery to reset the consoles time and date setting so i can legit earn trophies at a earlier date.
alot of people don't like this but i also use my cfw to regain old trophies from my old account from 2010 - 2014 (ps3 games only) to get some trophies back, wish sony would just let us transfer them but sadly the only way to regain thousands of hours of life wasted. but i only had around 50 plats on that account and my last account only had like 29, i currently don't have a main account though so atm i'm playing offline on ps4.

why i do it:
cause i have no life outside of work atm lol. hanging out with friends i don't find fun as i'm anti social as ****.

how do i decide if its worth wasting my time on:
simple, it its fun its worth finishing. If it has online trophies then i could't give a dam whether i finish it or not. my internet is rubbish making most online games a waste of time.

Thanks for stopping by!

I started having a weird relationship with trophies when I was really antisocial. I'm not as much like that anymore but that weird relationship is still there, hahaha.
11-19-2016, 05:59 AM #7
ymh
Treasure hunter
Thanks for stopping by!

I started having a weird relationship with trophies when I was really antisocial. I'm not as much like that anymore but that weird relationship is still there, hahaha.

haha okay Smile
11-19-2016, 06:35 AM #8
Tristen
Who’s Jim Erased?

What are your methods?
Why do you do it?
How do you decide a game is worthy of absolute completion?*

I'm just curious as to see why and how people do it.*

not necessarily my tactics or methods but im almost level 250 haha
11-20-2016, 06:04 AM #9
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
Originally posted by Tristen View Post
not necessarily my tactics or methods but im almost level 250 haha

Jeez! That's ridiculous. I remember when L10+ was impressive on PSN.
11-20-2016, 07:15 AM #10
Tristen
Who’s Jim Erased?
Jeez! That's ridiculous. I remember when L10+ was impressive on PSN.

yeah i remember reaching level 12 and being recognized as a real trophy hunter but now i have 98% of all ps3 games all trophies completed plus PS4/Vita games i have synced to my account i have well over 2400 games on my account
Last edited by Tristen ; 11-20-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo