Resource PSN Communities Search and Viewer - NextGenUpdate
THREAD: PSN Communities Search and Viewer
  1. 12-04-2016, 12:31 AM
    NextGenUpdate
    Sponsored Links

Since the release of the new PSN Communities app, Octolus and I have been reversing their API and so far it's pretty much all mapped out. We've been updating my project psn-php with new features as we find them. Using that API wrapper, I've created a tool to search PSN communities and view them in a web browser. This was just something I threw together with a few hours of work tonight so I still have some things I want to add/change but for now, it's up and running.

Go here: PSN Communities and search for the name of a community. It uses the same search functionality as the PS4 does so you should get identical results. You can then click on a community name to see the actual community. You can even copy the link for the community and send it to people to show them your community. Here's one of Octolus' communities:
    PSN Communities | PlayStation Home Veterans

That's pretty much it. I'm still tweaking the community page design but I tried to mimic the same style as the one on PS4. If you run into any issues with this, please post in this thread.

Hope you like it!
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tustin For This Useful Post:

, , ,

4. 12-04-2016, 12:46 AM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    Since the release of the new PSN Communities app, Octolus and I have been reversing their API and so far it's pretty much all mapped out. We've been updating my project [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with new features as we find them. Using that API wrapper, I've created a tool to search PSN communities and view them in a web browser. This was just something I threw together with a few hours of work tonight so I still have some things I want to add/change but for now, it's up and running.

Go here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and search for the name of a community. It uses the same search functionality as the PS4 does so you should get identical results. You can then click on a community name to see the actual community. You can even copy the link for the community and send it to people to show them your community. Here's one of Octolus' communities:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That's pretty much it. I'm still tweaking the community page design but I tried to mimic the same style as the one on PS4. If you run into any issues with this, please post in this thread.

Hope you like it!
    Awesome work!
  5. 12-05-2016, 07:42 PM
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    Hydrogen
    H20 Formula
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    Since the release of the new PSN Communities app, Octolus and I have been reversing their API and so far it's pretty much all mapped out. We've been updating my project [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with new features as we find them. Using that API wrapper, I've created a tool to search PSN communities and view them in a web browser. This was just something I threw together with a few hours of work tonight so I still have some things I want to add/change but for now, it's up and running.

Go here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and search for the name of a community. It uses the same search functionality as the PS4 does so you should get identical results. You can then click on a community name to see the actual community. You can even copy the link for the community and send it to people to show them your community. Here's one of Octolus' communities:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hope you like it!
    Thread stickied, good shit to you and Octolus once again!