01-05-2017, 10:05 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Hey everyone,
At long last, the PlayStation Network is offering 2-Step Verification worldwide. Please note, at the moment the verification code is only sent via SMS (no support for authenticator apps yet).

What is 2-Step Verification?

This is a system to protect your account. Anyone who tries to sign into your account on a new console, browser, etc will need to input a special code that gets sent only to YOUR phone number. Without that code, they cannot sign in. You will also need to input a new code any time you sign out of your account. This is for your protection!

How do I set it up?

1. Login to You must login or register to view this content.
  2. Click "Account" at the top of the page
  3. Click "Security" and then follow the link at the bottom for 2-Step Verification
  4. Input your phone number and a code will be sent via SMS for you to input.

On your PS4

1. Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Account Information > Security > 2-Step Verification
  2. Input your phone number and a code will be sent via SMS for you to input.

You will also be given 10 backup codes that are one-time-use. STORE THESE SOMEWHERE SAFE! If for whatever reason you lose access to your phone, you can use one of these codes.

Please note, the above is ONLY for PS4. For PS3, PS Vita, PS TV, and PSP you will need to generate a different device setup password. Follow steps 1-3 above for "Online" and then select "Device Setup Password".

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Hydrogen, SHAkA
01-05-2017, 10:34 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Alt View Post

Hey everyone,
At long last, the PlayStation Network is offering 2-Step Verification worldwide. Please note, at the moment the verification code is only sent via SMS (no support for authenticator apps yet).

What is 2-Step Verification?

This is a system to protect your account. Anyone who tries to sign into your account on a new console, browser, etc will need to input a special code that gets sent only to YOUR phone number. Without that code, they cannot sign in. You will also need to input a new code any time you sign out of your account. This is for your protection!

How do I set it up?

1. Login to You must login or register to view this content.
  2. Click "Account" at the top of the page
  3. Click "Security" and then follow the link at the bottom for 2-Step Verification
  4. Input your phone number and a code will be sent via SMS for you to input.

On your PS4

1. Settings > PlayStation Network/Account Management > Account Information > Security > 2-Step Verification
  2. Input your phone number and a code will be sent via SMS for you to input.

You will also be given 10 backup codes that are one-time-use. STORE THESE SOMEWHERE SAFE! If for whatever reason you lose access to your phone, you can use one of these codes.

Please note, the above is ONLY for PS4. For PS3, PS Vita, PS TV, and PSP you will need to generate a different device setup password. Follow steps 1-3 above for "Online" and then select "Device Setup Password".

I got lost on Step 1 help?

Jokes aside, nice tutorial. Didn't really explain how to actually run the 2-S-A on PSN Accounts on my other thread stickied. Great job on this though.
01-05-2017, 10:36 PM #3
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Stickied, although it can be found You must login or register to view this content., That thread does not elaborate on how to set up 2-Step Verification.
01-05-2017, 10:49 PM #4
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
I got lost on Step 1 help?

Jokes aside, nice tutorial. Didn't really explain how to actually run the 2-S-A on PSN Accounts on my other thread stickied. Great job on this though.

I posted this, then saw your thread lol.

Although your thread just say it, I think having 1 thread purely for this is better
01-14-2017, 04:17 AM #5
zGriz
Haxor!
Thanks
01-14-2017, 06:14 AM #6
Very useful thread Thanks bro
02-08-2017, 11:03 AM #7
SHAkA
League Champion
very useful many thanks
02-15-2017, 02:59 AM #8
rangehe32
Do a barrel roll!
nice!
04-04-2017, 05:19 AM #9
does it worth?
04-11-2017, 02:12 AM #10
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
how can you make it easyer for the vita and the ps3 ? bequese you need too keep generating a password

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo