Post: Media Player Updated Today to Support 4K Video on PS4 Pro
03-27-2017, 06:51 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Starting later today, the Media Player app is getting an update to support 4K video playback on PS4 Pro. Following this update, 4K videos in mp4 format saved on a USB stick or home server can be played on the Media Player app (remember, you’ll also need a 4K compatible TV to watch the videos in 4K).

Your home server will appear as a media option in the Player automatically, so finding your media is simple and quick. Just a reminder: USB storage that’s already been formatted as extended storage for your PS4 can only be used to save games and apps — it can’t be used to save and play videos.
For those of you that own PlayStation VR in addition to PS4 Pro, Media Player will also update to support playback of 4K VR video content. PS VR’s display resolution is 1920 X RGB X 1080, so 4K VR videos will be displayed in a higher image quality compared to HD VR videos. Capture stunning 360 degree 4K footage, and then immerse yourself in that footage in VR at home — just as if you’re right back in the scene you shot.

And while on the topic of 4K, many of you have already been enjoying 4K streaming on PS4 Pro, but in case you weren’t aware, streaming video apps including Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu all have 4K content available, so make sure to check them out.
03-28-2017, 10:58 PM #2
720p and 1080p is all i need. The update was useless on my end. Should of been updated to play older files like 480p but it is what it is

The following user thanked AlfaBravo for this useful post:

AFG
03-29-2017, 12:44 AM #3
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by AlfaBravo View Post
720p and 1080p is all i need. The update was useless on my end. Should of been updated to play older files like 480p but it is what it is

Good news for you. You don't need an update to view lower quality video, it just works. I don't know what your thought process behind that was.
03-29-2017, 12:45 AM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by oneup View Post
good news for you. You don't need an update to view lower quality video, it just works. I don't know what your thought process behind that was.

it will show all the pixels i need a 480p viewer so it looks betr
03-29-2017, 12:45 PM #5
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
Good news for you. You don't need an update to view lower quality video, it just works. I don't know what your thought process behind that was.

You obviously dont watch older movies, If you did you would know the media player dont support every format
03-29-2017, 03:44 PM #6
Default Avatar
Oneup
You obviously dont watch older movies, If you did you would know the media player dont support every format

I don't think you know what you are talking about. 480p is what DVD movies were and those work just fine. If the video is encoded to what the ps4 expects then it will work. Again that's an encoding problem not a resolution problem.
03-29-2017, 04:05 PM #7
Originally posted by Oneup View Post
I don't think you know what you are talking about. 480p is what DVD movies were and those work just fine. If the video is encoded to what the ps4 expects then it will work. Again that's an encoding problem not a resolution problem.

SMH i pirate movies, Why on GODS green earth would you think im talking about a DVD?Its a reason why you;re on ignore now buddy and you dont know what the fuck your talking about

The following user thanked AlfaBravo for this useful post:

AFG
03-29-2017, 04:08 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
SMH i pirate movies, Why on GODS green earth would you think im talking about a DVD?Its a reason why you;re on ignore now buddy and you dont know what the fuck your talking about

You are a special kind of stupid. It was the DVD standard, meaning that's what DVD's used. You said 480P doesn't work but you can watch DVD's on it. How stupid can you possibly be.

The following 4 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

Alt, MessinBound, AFG, Specter
04-25-2017, 05:43 PM #9
justeve
< ^ > < ^ >
The update for has put a lot of my movies outa voice sync when streamed over a network ,so I just use Plex media server for now.
Its a shame because the media player was a nice app

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo