Post: PlayStation Plus Pricing is Changing in a Region Near You Soon!
07-29-2017, 11:24 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

As we may all know by now, last year was a tough year for gamers to pay for PlayStation Plus due to PlayStation actually increasing the cost of it. It was a dramatic change, and it did get a ton of individuals to speak about. Not many were happy, but we can't obligate them to recover back to its original pricing. Today, it seems that we have got word from PlayStation that the pricing will now increase in some regions of Europe such as United Kingdom, France, Germany, Norway, and Italy.

It seems that Gamespot has contacted Sony about this, and PlayStation responded back by stating that the North America hasn't got any ideas for changes, but starting August 31st, there will be changes in the pricing for some regions in Europe. To begin with, the United Kingdom's annual fee has risen from £39.99 to £49.99 Quarterly prices have also gone up from £14.99 to £19.99, and monthly prices will increase from £5.99 to £6.99.

Furthermore, Spain has also hit it's peak which is now raising up annual fees from €49.99 to €59.99, and the quarterly prices going up from €19.99 to €24.99. The monthly fees will also raise from €6.99 to €7.99.

If you're from Australia, this is going to increase for Aussies as well. It will now be $70 to $80 for the annual subscription. The quarterly subscription will go up to $34, and monthly membership will go up to $11.

Let's hope they don't tinker with the North American prices once again. Especially with all these PSN Outages, we wouldn't another huge open public debate over this. It was really terrible back in the 2014/2015/2016 when we had to give up months or weeks of playing due to their servers crashing a lot on us; even DDoS attacks. We'll see from where this goes from now on.

The following 2 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

a2vb, GJx
07-29-2017, 12:02 PM #2
Allicks
Bounty hunter
As soon as I got the email, I replied asking for an explanation. A price increase without a reason (other than for their profit) is pretty bad.
07-29-2017, 10:21 PM #3
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
This is for the EU people, and all respective regions.

The US already got the price increase from 49, to 59, like late last year.

I would have thought they would have raised up the price all at once, but this is weird.
07-29-2017, 11:55 PM #4
blackmustang58
Bounty hunter
Ouch, I stopped buy PS Plus after price increase and not worth because I don't play multiplayer.
07-30-2017, 07:28 AM #5
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

As we may all know by now, last year was a tough year for gamers to pay for PlayStation Plus due to PlayStation actually increasing the cost of it. It was a dramatic change, and it did get a ton of individuals to speak about. Not many were happy, but we can't obligate them to recover back to its original pricing. Today, it seems that we have got word from PlayStation that the pricing will now increase in some regions of Europe such as United Kingdom, France, Germany, Norway, and Italy.

It seems that Gamespot has contacted Sony about this, and PlayStation responded back by stating that the North America hasn't got any ideas for changes, but starting August 31st, there will be changes in the pricing for some regions in Europe. To begin with, the United Kingdom's annual fee has risen from £39.99 to £49.99 Quarterly prices have also gone up from £14.99 to £19.99, and monthly prices will increase from £5.99 to £6.99.

Furthermore, Spain has also hit it's peak which is now raising up annual fees from €49.99 to €59.99, and the quarterly prices going up from €19.99 to €24.99. The monthly fees will also raise from €6.99 to €7.99.

If you're from Australia, this is going to increase for Aussies as well. It will now be $70 to $80 for the annual subscription. The quarterly subscription will go up to $34, and monthly membership will go up to $11.

Let's hope they don't tinker with the North American prices once again. Especially with all these PSN Outages, we wouldn't another huge open public debate over this. It was really terrible back in the 2014/2015/2016 when we had to give up months or weeks of playing due to their servers crashing a lot on us; even DDoS attacks. We'll see from where this goes from now on.

Wat about countries that are not listed in the eu ?
07-30-2017, 09:29 AM #6
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by wesleyv13 View Post
Wat about countries that are not listed in the eu ?

Id say basically everywhere apart from Americas. im in NZ and we are getting a price increase.
07-30-2017, 11:32 AM #7
If they keep giving good games like this then i dont mind
08-01-2017, 02:54 PM #8
tim1292
Little One
Pc master race here i come
08-02-2017, 09:16 AM #9
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
fuckin rip i wouldnt be suprised if this is to do with the fact they lost out on a boat load of cash from piracy on ps3
08-02-2017, 09:29 AM #10
Originally posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
fuckin rip i wouldnt be suprised if this is to do with the fact they lost out on a boat load of cash from piracy on ps3

Pretty sure they're losing even more from piracy on Vita.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo