Post: Shawn Layden Hints Out PS4 Gamertag Name Change Coming Soon in 2018!
12-12-2017, 09:25 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
What everyone has been waiting for has always been being worked on. This is a HUGE project, but it is happening.

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 12-12-2017 at 11:29 PM.
12-12-2017, 10:00 AM #2
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
only thing about changing usernames that really puts me off doing so is the fact you may lose your friends list an to me thats a big no no
12-12-2017, 06:43 PM #3
Originally posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
only thing about changing usernames that really puts me off doing so is the fact you may lose your friends list an to me thats a big no no

what makes you think you lose your friends?
12-12-2017, 09:38 PM #4
Tustin
Balls of Steel
Originally posted by John View Post
what makes you think you lose your friends?

I think Sony at one point stated that changing names would be impossible without major infrastructure changes. That makes me think they used the onlineId as the primary key for users and maybe used that as the foreign key for the friends list and other shit. Although I'm sure if they're planning on making this feature available they would've already solved the problem.
12-13-2017, 01:13 AM #5
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
I think Sony at one point stated that changing names would be impossible without major infrastructure changes. That makes me think they used the onlineId as the primary key for users and maybe used that as the foreign key for the friends list and other shit. Although I'm sure if they're planning on making this feature available they would've already solved the problem.

Yeah, no doubt each user has some sort of ID, I only see games and the like having to make some changes, but no doubt Sony would overlook something as big as the whole "friends" concept
12-14-2017, 01:13 AM #6
Right
Can’t trickshot me!
Yeah, no doubt each user has some sort of ID, I only see games and the like having to make some changes, but no doubt Sony would overlook something as big as the whole "friends" concept

pretty sure if you changed your online id it would fuck with all your saves as your name is linked to them
12-14-2017, 05:13 PM #7
it won't fuck with anything if they have been working on it since 2014 an plus its not the Gamertag its the email that is mainly connected to it because with out the email you have no name under it like when you wanna transfer your data to a friends console you sign in with your email not your gamer tag
12-14-2017, 07:04 PM #8
Originally posted by Right View Post
pretty sure if you changed your online id it would fuck with all your saves as your name is linked to them

Sure this can be fixed with a software update to use new save formats then
12-15-2017, 01:38 AM #9
Right
Can’t trickshot me!
Sure this can be fixed with a software update to use new save formats then

Yeah but the current saves that are already made would be useless
12-22-2017, 04:28 AM #10
KingOfTheAge
The Golden Patriot
I'm so stoked.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.