01-18-2018, 10:31 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PS4 5.05 update has been released. I would recommend not to update. Due to the fact that there is a possibility of a jailbreak being released soon for the current update. Will not go into further details.
01-18-2018, 11:06 AM #2
leicabogdan
Bounty hunter
question. i dont care about jailbreak but i will like to use save wizzard to save resign. dose anybody update and confirm that savewizzard works with 5.05?
01-18-2018, 11:09 AM #3
If I was you, I would speak to the owner of that product before updating. I can not conform nor deny if it will work or not.
01-18-2018, 11:13 AM #4
Awak3n1ng
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by leicabogdan View Post
question. i dont care about jailbreak but i will like to use save wizzard to save resign. dose anybody update and confirm that savewizzard works with 5.05?

I would wait till we get the OK from SW before updating the PS4 to 5.05
01-18-2018, 11:15 AM #5
leicabogdan
Bounty hunter
yea. but unfortunately i need to update. cant play my games. a big chunck of my games library are digital. i will update and tonight when i get off of work will try to see if savewizzard its still working on the new update. will post here the results
01-18-2018, 11:26 AM #6
Awak3n1ng
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by leicabogdan View Post
yea. but unfortunately i need to update. cant play my games. a big chunck of my games library are digital. i will update and tonight when i get off of work will try to see if savewizzard its still working on the new update. will post here the results

I understand especially if you play online.

I'm also in the same boat with all my ps4 games being digital {Only that i'm more of a single player so i can hold off on updating} Upside Down Happy
01-18-2018, 11:28 AM #7
Meracle
Save Point
I just took the plunge and updated my PS4. After the update I added some cheats to an Horizon: Zero Dawn 5.05 Save and it worked.

Just going to edit a couple of other game saves now to be sure though.

UPDATE: I just went onto Final Fantasy IX on my 5.05 updated PS4 and created a new save. Added a whole bunch on cheats on Save Wizard and tried it out on the PS4, everything went fine, so from what I tell. It's all working.

I just took the plunge and updated my PS4. After the update I added some cheats to an Horizon: Zero Dawn 5.05 Save and it worked.
Just going to edit a couple of other game saves now to be sure though.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Tested 2 other 5.05 save files and both went smoothly. Saves just show up as 5.00 on Save Wizard.

Well i'm Satisfied it works, but I don't take any responsibility for any issues that I may have not found.
Last edited by Meracle ; 01-18-2018 at 11:48 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Meracle for this useful post:

Awak3n1ng, BubbaDaBarb, mnga13
01-18-2018, 11:52 AM #8
Ichillmennbe
Gym leader
The small updates(like 5.01 to 5.02, 5.02 to 5.03) usually won't change save file encryption. I think SW should work for 5.05.
01-18-2018, 12:20 PM #9
Sinister
Gym leader
Originally posted by FreezingSeason View Post
PS4 5.05 update has been released. I would recommend not to update. Due to the fact that there is a possibility of a jailbreak being released soon for the current update. Will not go into further details.

C'mon now...You can't make claims like that without something to back it up. An ominious twitter post at least? Hell, I'll even take a blurry, out of focus photo of a tv that shows evidence of the PS4 being jailbroken, before even believing 5.XX is close to a jailbreak.
Last edited by Sinister ; 01-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.
01-18-2018, 02:45 PM #10
anyone know how i can bypass the update cheers

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo