03-19-2015, 04:48 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have no experience with an RSPS whatsoever! Last night, I decided to download Rune-Evolution 742 server and client just to mess about in during my own time. I need to set myself as an owner and admin. I opened the settings.java file that was in the server folder and I changed the name of the owner to my in-game name but still nothing.

I am completely unaware of what commands in-game are available to help me out. Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers
03-19-2015, 10:42 PM #2
Raiden
Banned
Do you mean make yourself admin?

I only ever worked on RSC never played the later versions, let alone manage a source.

In the RSC sources, you had to go to server side, player.java, and edit "rank=0" to "rank=5".
5 is admin status.

For a list of commands, just search "commandhandler.java" within the source. Thus, assuming those later versions were coded in a similar way to RSC.

Hope this helped.. Smile
03-20-2015, 11:14 PM #3
Ace Hood
Space Ninja
Originally posted by mont266 View Post
I have no experience with an RSPS whatsoever! Last night, I decided to download Rune-Evolution 742 server and client just to mess about in during my own time. I need to set myself as an owner and admin. I opened the settings.java file that was in the server folder and I changed the name of the owner to my in-game name but still nothing.

I am completely unaware of what commands in-game are available to help me out. Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers

Make sure you compile AFTER you edit a file, then run the server.

The following user thanked Ace Hood for this useful post:

mont266
03-21-2015, 12:14 AM #4
Originally posted by Ace
Make sure you compile AFTER you edit a file, then run the server.

Thank you! It says that I am the owner of the server now but I am not. It says that I had to type a command in-game which was ::setrights 2 mont266 but it's not working any idea?

Apart from that every single change I made works! Smile Thank you!
03-22-2015, 08:44 PM #5
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by mont266 View Post
Thank you! It says that I am the owner of the server now but I am not. It says that I had to type a command in-game which was ::setrights 2 mont266 but it's not working any idea?

Apart from that every single change I made works! Smile Thank you!
In the source, search for the owner of the sources name, open up the .java files where it's located. Press Ctrl & h, replace his name with yours for each event, compile, restart the source, should work.
03-23-2015, 04:34 PM #6
jaaaasonx
League Champion
Originally posted by Stunz View Post
In the source, search for the owner of the sources name, open up the .java files where it's located. Press Ctrl & h, replace his name with yours for each event, compile, restart the source, should work.

is NGU RSPS up yet?
03-23-2015, 06:22 PM #7
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by JaayX View Post
is NGU RSPS up yet?
No not yet bro :\

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo