03-05-2015, 04:10 PM #1
Stunz
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hello guys, I would like to give a big thanks to Outsider for making this happen. RuneScape Related Programming has been a big scene for a very long time, I am honestly shocked how it's never been brought into place here at NextGenUpdate, in this guide I will be covering the basics, on how to download and setup my server to learn C++ from. Without further ado let the Tutorial begin.

Table of Contents

Downloads You will need
How to Port Forward
How to Configure RSPS

Downloads You Need

You must login or register to view this content.

How to Download & Install Java Development Kite *JDK*

First of all, go to the link I provided at the top of the page, select weather you are 64-bit or 86-bit, then download, once the download has finished, open it and simply go through the Installation Process, this should take only a couple of minutes..

Pictures of the Installation

How to Port Forward

First of all, you will want to go into CMD [Command Prompt], if you are on Windows 7, press start, type in the search box "Command Prompt", like so;

Next you are going to want to type in "ipconfig /all";

Now hit the enter button, and scroll down till you see some information like this;

You should now see something called "Default Gateway", copy this IP as you are going to need it next. Now you are going to want to open your Internet Browser, I am using Google Chrome. Now simply type your 'Awesome faceefault Gateway IP in the address Box, in my case it's '192.168.1.1', like so;

Now every router is totally differen't, but it will take you to your router settings. There you will need to enter the Username and Password, most routers default are "admin, "admin", in my case mine looks like this;

Now in every router, it's totally differen't to open ports, but for the purpose on this tutorial I will be only covering mine. You are going to want to click on "Forwarding", like so;

Now you can see, you are in the correct location for opening ports on your router. You are now going to want to click on "New", like so;

Now in the 'Service Port', you are going to want to enter "43594", IP Address can be found in the command Prompt box like so;

You are now going to want to put the 'Protocol' as 'TCP', once done click save.. After that is done you are going to want to create a new one and do all the steps over but put 'UDP'. If you done everything correct, you will now be Port Forwarded to port 43594, which you need to have open to run your server.

How to Setup NO-IP and create a Host

Okay, first of all, you are going to need to go to the website I linked at the top, and register, then download NO-IP DUC. Once done, install it. Once you have it downloaded and installed, simply open it up, now you will have a window like this open;

Now you are going to want to enter the Email and Password you used during the Registration. Once done a new window like this should open;

Now on NO-IP Website, you are going to want to go to the following link: You must login or register to view this content., once there type in an address which the client of your server will use, to connect to the game. Once done it should look like this;

Now you can simply click "Add Host", once that is done, you are going to want to re-open the NO-IP DUC Program, and click on "Edit Hosts", you will now have a window like this pop-up;

Now you are simply going to select the host which you just created, then click "Save", once done you will be on a screen like this;

Congratulations! NO-IP DUC is now setup ready to be used with your server!

How to Configure RSPS

Thought I'd make a video, easier for you guys to understand this way.

[/CENTER]
Last edited by Stunz ; 03-05-2015 at 04:15 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Stunz for this useful post:

01cedricv2, KillManz G, RTE, Slinky
03-07-2015, 10:31 AM #2
jaaaasonx
League Champion
Originally posted by Stunz View Post
Hello guys, I would like to give a big thanks to Outsider for making this happen. RuneScape Related Programming has been a big scene for a very long time, I am honestly shocked how it's never been brought into place here at NextGenUpdate, in this guide I will be covering the basics, on how to download and setup my server to learn C++ from. Without further ado let the Tutorial begin.

Table of Contents

Downloads You will need
How to Port Forward
How to Configure RSPS

Downloads You Need

How to Download & Install Java Development Kite *JDK*

First of all, go to the link I provided at the top of the page, select weather you are 64-bit or 86-bit, then download, once the download has finished, open it and simply go through the Installation Process, this should take only a couple of minutes..

Pictures of the Installation

How to Port Forward

First of all, you will want to go into CMD [Command Prompt], if you are on Windows 7, press start, type in the search box "Command Prompt", like so;

Next you are going to want to type in "ipconfig /all";

Now hit the enter button, and scroll down till you see some information like this;

You should now see something called "Default Gateway", copy this IP as you are going to need it next. Now you are going to want to open your Internet Browser, I am using Google Chrome. Now simply type your 'Awesome faceefault Gateway IP in the address Box, in my case it's '192.168.1.1', like so;

Now every router is totally differen't, but it will take you to your router settings. There you will need to enter the Username and Password, most routers default are "admin, "admin", in my case mine looks like this;

Now in every router, it's totally differen't to open ports, but for the purpose on this tutorial I will be only covering mine. You are going to want to click on "Forwarding", like so;

Now you can see, you are in the correct location for opening ports on your router. You are now going to want to click on "New", like so;

Now in the 'Service Port', you are going to want to enter "43594", IP Address can be found in the command Prompt box like so;

You are now going to want to put the 'Protocol' as 'TCP', once done click save.. After that is done you are going to want to create a new one and do all the steps over but put 'UDP'. If you done everything correct, you will now be Port Forwarded to port 43594, which you need to have open to run your server.

How to Setup NO-IP and create a Host

Okay, first of all, you are going to need to go to the website I linked at the top, and register, then download NO-IP DUC. Once done, install it. Once you have it downloaded and installed, simply open it up, now you will have a window like this open;

Now you are going to want to enter the Email and Password you used during the Registration. Once done a new window like this should open;

Now on NO-IP Website, you are going to want to go to the following link: You must login or register to view this content., once there type in an address which the client of your server will use, to connect to the game. Once done it should look like this;

Now you can simply click "Add Host", once that is done, you are going to want to re-open the NO-IP DUC Program, and click on "Edit Hosts", you will now have a window like this pop-up;

Now you are simply going to select the host which you just created, then click "Save", once done you will be on a screen like this;

Congratulations! NO-IP DUC is now setup ready to be used with your server!

How to Configure RSPS

Thought I'd make a video, easier for you guys to understand this way.

[/CENTER]

i had an rsps years ago loved these Smile
03-07-2015, 04:58 PM #3
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by JaayX View Post
i had an rsps years ago loved these Smile
Yeah, I have been programming them for years & years now. :p
03-07-2015, 05:47 PM #4
jaaaasonx
League Champion
Yeah, I have been programming them for years & years now. :p

have you got one ?
03-07-2015, 06:20 PM #5
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by JaayX View Post
have you got one ?
Making new one soon bro.
03-07-2015, 07:04 PM #6
Raiden
Banned
Making new one soon bro.

Great guide for people who haven't had the chance to run an RSPS.

Take the game back to it's roots and make a Runescape Classic server. Take down that scamming money grabber Pyru @ RSCEmulation Smile
03-07-2015, 07:11 PM #7
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by 87 View Post
Great guide for people who haven't had the chance to run an RSPS.

Take the game back to it's roots and make a Runescape Classic server. Take down that scamming money grabber Pyru @ RSCEmulation Smile
Lol :wub:
05-29-2017, 10:16 AM #8
jaaaasonx
League Champion
Lol :wub:

You still on these ?
06-02-2017, 10:18 PM #9
Stunz
Former Staff
Originally posted by jaaaasonx View Post
You still on these ?