03-13-2016, 05:44 AM #1
BadChoicesZ
I defeated!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
~New minor updates [17/05/2016] ~
shoutbox added to forums
players online now display on website updates without manual page refreshing (for IE and other browsers).
and some other minor design fixes
so website is currently fully functional, but id still say about 80% complete with a couple more pages to add, and some more functionality to add to

An Edit, was overdue, i have changed so much since starting..
I had changed source to Zenith 667, had alot more bugs fixed, but then presented its own bugs, which i have fixed any i have known of.
Added much content, such as flax picking, Pottery ovens, Pottery wheels, fixed broken content such as rocks, theiving stalls, dialogues and shops.
Also alot more, but this is just a brief quick update on some of the changes.. also working hiscores, player's online, forums, website etc.

Still looking for anybody actualy willing to help this project move forward.
Including but not limited to;
Beta testers
Forum/Game staff
Developers
Graphic designers

Even though small inactive player base atm, this server has no interest in shutting down. and will continue to improve as hopefully will the community!

All info needed:

Web Client: You must login or register to view this content.
Downloadable Client: You must login or register to view this content.
Hiscores: You must login or register to view this content.

For your sake of mind:
Downloadable client virus scan:
You must login or register to view this content.

---- Previous post info-------
[ The previous server below is shut down ]

Hey, Just quick introduction,
a few days ago, I decided to look at messing with creating RS private server ( well mainly setting one up.. ).
first one I grabbed was DevilsScape its 562/669 revision.
During the few days I've messed with this, i solved many of the problems i was having and am learning / updating steadily :P.

Well anyways long story short... its mostly up and running, WITH ALOT OF work to be done... part of the the reason i make this thread.
I'd like to see some people Beta test, and add ideas or report problems, to this thread of anything they find ain't working or would like added.
also the added bonus of building community for the game perhaps XD :P.
i'd also be keen at looking to find some people who are willing to help develop towards my server.

Heres the details for joining the community... be-assured its very early stages of development XD.

You must login or register to view this content. [Internet Explorer Only]
if you are not on windows 7, and or dont have internet explorer. here is the Downloadable Client.
You must login or register to view this content. [Should Work for most people][/I]

This server is running 24/7 ( Except for when Updating ^_^ )
[/SPOILER]
Last edited by BadChoicesZ ; 05-17-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Updated EVERYTHING, new website n all

The following user thanked BadChoicesZ for this useful post:

Passion
03-13-2016, 05:46 AM #2
BadChoicesZ
I defeated!
[Ill Save this Spot For any Future Posts]

*NEW*
website is now You must login or register to view this content.
can still use .tk for now, but eventualy will cease.
- fixed alot of bugs, still alot more to go.

[Small FAQ's Section] ResistTheSun
Even though technically not many questions been asked xD

- Creating Account
The create account button doesn't work at the moment, however to create account you just:
Click Login
Type username + password
if its available it will login, and you can use the same details to access your account.
*Caution* The usernames/passwords are stored in plain text, so like myself donot use any passwords you would usually use, for this game.[/I]

- Java installed, Windows 7, using Internet explorer, but content still failed to load.
Sadly because i've signed the webclient jarfile "webc.jar" with a certificate i created its not "trusted".
Therefore to run the java client, you must first open "configure java" you can find this by pressing [windows] key, and searching "configure java" press enter.
Goto SECURITY tab, and edit sites list, add You must login or register to view this content. and or You must login or register to view this content. to the list by pressing "ADD", then "OK"
go back to web browser reload ruinedxcape.com or You must login or register to view this content. whichever you added to list, and the page should load, if not let me know. or you havnt got the latest java (jre) can get from:

Please also be aware, that i myself havent even completly scoured through all code and or maps in this, so if you notice something not working and would like it working, let me know here Smile
Last edited by BadChoicesZ ; 03-20-2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: website changed to ruinedXcape.com
03-15-2016, 12:14 AM #3
Torva
Bounty hunter
I would love to help you develop towards your server. Message me Smile

The following user thanked Torva for this useful post:

BadChoicesZ
03-20-2016, 11:17 AM #4
BadChoicesZ
I defeated!
So i've changed a bit in code, will definiatly be changing more.
still alot to fix, but small comunity of players are helping me find bugs so i can fix, and ideas to implement.
Also recently had a longtime friend join the team, and we've set up a private git respository so we can easily both work on the same code / update whenever. its been a great aid and will continue to be for any one else in part of the team.

I'm not sure how far this project will go, but the more people the get in and help the better the game will be / community. ( As i mostly want this to be comunity based game.. )
depending or not later on after certain implementations if we reset stats or not, if we dont need to at any point the players who join early and alert us of glitches will get to keep them stats / rewards they gained before fixing or maybe a lesser version of what they gained depending on situation ( dont want any player to be too op unecessarily ). but in most cases thoughs that help build comunity / help identify bugs that disable gameplay and or reward to much, i am happy to let them get an edge in the game from that help they have provided. blah blah blah, i hope to see more people on this server.
Many plans for a better website.
( Need graphics and stuff, if any1 can help there greatly appreciated.. )
for storing Highscores, a better player creation sytem ( using mysql ),
and many other things planned.

just a slight update on whats going on XD. *( for anyone that cares )*
05-16-2016, 11:48 AM #5
BadChoicesZ
I defeated!
Done some big changes to website design. You must login or register to view this content.
Added fully working Hiscores, and Players online (in game) visible on website.
Attempted to match design of website/hiscores to forums as well.End result all is integrated
nicely the website, forums and game one account for all. created on either forums or game.

Alot more content has been added recently, check out the progress!

Much more in game content to come, now that website is fully functional (unless anybody notices something i havn't XD ).

Still my development team is lacking, and am still searching for people who are keen to help beta test, develop, moderate ( Forums and/or game ), and other things like graphic designers ( as my graphics skills are somewhat lacking, and preventing me from adding content ).
05-16-2016, 06:38 PM #6
Passion
League Champion
Originally posted by BadChoicesZ View Post
Done some big changes to website design. You must login or register to view this content.
Added fully working Hiscores, and Players online (in game) visible on website.
Attempted to match design of website/hiscores to forums as well.End result all is integrated
nicely the website, forums and game one account for all. created on either forums or game.

Alot more content has been added recently, check out the progress!

Much more in game content to come, now that website is fully functional (unless anybody notices something i havn't XD ).

Still my development team is lacking, and am still searching for people who are keen to help beta test, develop, moderate ( Forums and/or game ), and other things like graphic designers ( as my graphics skills are somewhat lacking, and preventing me from adding content ).

Good work, loving the new design!

The following user thanked Passion for this useful post:

BadChoicesZ

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo