Post: Rac3rX GT6 Tuning Tools / Camber / Gear / Suspension
04-24-2014, 06:38 PM #1
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Here are some tools I built to help with tuning cars in GT6

The tuning technique works best with no assist.

They are straight forward. And designed to aide tuners tune the car based on how it performs. All of the generic tuning apps or other Bullshit at GTP are generic crap that generically tune cars to feel and drive the exact same so they can do hot Laps in cars that all somewhat feel and handle the same way and that IMO defeats the nature of Gran Turismo in favor of Arcade style bull shit.

Dampers are tuned to spring stiffness, then tuned on the track.

The damper tuner I've been continuously testing and IMO works very well. Damper tuning can provide a lot of performance in the corners. The dampers are most active during transition points in the corners, this is why its important to first balance them to the spring rates. The Dampers literally can take your spring rates out of the equation if they are too strong, so its important to make sure the dampers are not overpowering the spring rates. During transitions in the corner they work when different corners of the car are apposing each other. The damper tuner works on this principle and uses known real world tuning technique to alter handling for the driver as the driver feels out the car/tune, adjusting as the driver needs. Keep in mind there are different techniques the tuner uses an advanced technique over basic quick method.

Neil Roberts
"TFE’s Founder and Chief Scientist, has a deep and successful experience base in top echelon race car and aircraft design and development, along with decades of practical experience in both amateur and professional motorsports. Every facet of TFE’s expertise is available to help you achieve your goals, no matter how challenging."

Neil Roberts On Damper Tuning
You must login or register to view this content.

I may do a write up on a much simpler technique that also uses real world techniques albeit a much quicker style its results are not as refined. It may be useful to establish a baseline tune with the results on page 1 and then use the outcome of that technique on page two to refine, but this is getting complicated.

Gear Tuner

Video Walkthrough of the Gear Tuner Advanced Techniques coming soon.

The Dyno shows a complete graph. (I would still like to refine it with some trig)

Calibration & Input Data.
The data you input is your best gears tuned in the game. You can use this page like the in game tuner with more and better details.

Gear Tuner
Here is where you adjust the gear set to a particular track, adjusting the gears by speed to the corners on the track. You can also adjust the FDG keeping the same gearing.

Shift Point Tuner
On page 3 is the Shift Point Tuner. Here you calculate when speed/rpm its best to shift at in each gear for best acceleration, and to shift under for best tranny braking.

I left the input fields open with the tuned gear set from page 2 displayed. This way you can use the tuner quickly without having to redo pages 1 and 2.

The object is to find the crossover point on the chart. The point first crosses second is the best shift point. If they do not cross you shift at rev limit.

Settings Spreadsheet

All tuning parts are on drop menus, if there are any suggestions let me know.

DOWNLOAD LINK
Gear Tuner / Damper Tuner / Settings Spreadsheet version 3.0

All are opened with Excel

Camber Tuner being revised while I improve its applicability and adapt it to data logger input.
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 04-18-2015 at 10:19 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to SiNiST3R for this useful post:

Debiel-2014, Eat_Ur_Food, EliteHaxor, energie93, FarSideX, Fatpabs, Fizzy Joon, Gangsta_NGU, gt416, JK83, kjb39, ll7n, NGU GHOST, recycling.exe, turbo_nova2l, Zambie
04-24-2014, 06:55 PM #2
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
:i these aint tools :9 it just opens microsoft spreadsheet
04-24-2014, 07:18 PM #3
Indurated
Do a barrel roll!
Sooo... what is this exactly?
04-24-2014, 07:25 PM #4
xxIOxx
Vault dweller
Thanks Enzo
Last edited by xxIOxx ; 04-25-2014 at 05:08 AM.
04-24-2014, 08:14 PM #5
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
They are in a rar file, 3 excel spreadsheets

@virosymods if you don't find working spreadsheets as in the pics, I'll fix upload. Freeware comes at uploaded convenience, don't have to DL or use Winky Winky
Last edited by SiNiST3R ; 04-24-2014 at 08:16 PM.
04-25-2014, 02:17 AM #6
NGU GHOST
The One And Only
Nice work bro,I would love to try it out but my account banned, and i have not had the chance to look in to it.
04-25-2014, 03:47 AM #7
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Do not post these on other sites, especially GTP
04-26-2014, 02:37 AM #8
Nice work! I' ll try this later! Thanx!
04-26-2014, 03:09 AM #9
FarSideX
I’m too L33T
NOOOO! Bad SiNiST3R! This is absolutely the worst thing I have laid eyes on. Who paints the yellow bird red? Bad Bad Bad. Crying

Nice SS though.Happy
04-26-2014, 04:22 AM #10
SiNiST3R
Samurai Poster
Lack of Porsche one must improvise Happy

If you want I'll send you them unlocked, you will see all the math, maybe use some lolol

Much thanks on the Spread Sheets I take your opinion with high regard.

The following user thanked SiNiST3R for this useful post:

FarSideX

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo