07-31-2014, 11:56 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So shoutout to ResistTheSun as his thread You must login or register to view this content. Made me want to ask the question. (If you don't know the question, you're terrible for opening a thread you didn't read the title of)

What is your favorite sniper rifle?

I personally love the L96A1. Back in BF3, I used the M98B because it had the best range. (Therefore it had to be the best sniper rifle right?) Then something made me try the L96 and I loved it. I think I had to use it for an assignment but that is beside the point. When I fire it, it feels so smooth. (I know that sounds weird) To me, it feels like it is the easiest to predict the bullet drop with, but that is a matter of opinion.

I just unlocked it the other day for BF4, and used the iron sights on it until I unlocked the 20x scope. First match I'm in is a conquest on gulf of oman. I'm at foxtrot and a sniper puts a round past me from golf. I spin around, line up the shot using my memory of the drop from BF3 (which was with a 12x scope so it would be different in BF4, which makes this even cooler) and hit him with a clean headshot for what I believe was a 212m shot. I'm not much of a sharpshooter. I love to sit 850m+ off a target and take precision shots, but if I need to line a shot up quickly, I want an L96A1.

So what are your favorite rifles? Does it have a story like mine does?

Also lets do short bragging rights. Longest headshot?

BF4 - 1023.41m Happy
BF3 - 2400.09m Happy
Last edited by partypoker15 ; 08-01-2014 at 02:34 PM.
08-01-2014, 12:03 PM #2
Neo_Angelo
Raiding Girls Panties
Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
So shoutout to ResistTheSun as his thread You must login or register to view this content. Made me want to ask the question. (If you don't know the question, you're terrible for opening a thread you didn't read the title of)

I personally love the L96A1. Back in BF3, I used the M98B because it had the best range. (Therefore it had to be the best sniper rifle right?) Then something made me try the L96 and I loved it. I think I had to use it for an assignment but that is beside the point. When I fire it, it feels so smooth. (I know that sounds weird) To me, it feels like it is the easiest to predict the bullet drop with, but that is a matter of opinion.

I just unlocked it the other day for BF4, and used the iron sights on it until I unlocked the 20x scope. First match I'm in is a conquest on gulf of oman. I'm at foxtrot and a sniper puts a round past me from golf. I spin around, line up the shot using my memory of the drop from BF3 (which was with a 12x scope so it would be different in BF4, which makes this even cooler) and hit him with a clean headshot for what I believe was a 212m shot. I'm not much of a sharpshooter. I love to sit 850m+ off a target and take precision shots, but if I need to line a shot up quickly, I want an L96A1.

BF4 - 399.67m :(
BF3 - 2400.09m Happy

I tend to go with the SRR-61 or the JNG-69? (or 59 can't bloomin' remember). the reason being i feel those weapons have quicker bullet speeds and are easy to predict drop (like you mentioned a matter of opinion, probably not factually accurate). however i have been using the L96 and i have to say i do really like it, when i first picked it up after unlocking it i couldn't hit a barn door, now i've gotten a little used to it, the 20x zoom is really good with it.

As for longest headshots wow 2400M on BF3? holy cow, didn't realise there was a map big enough to do that (then again i wasn't a big fan of Bf3 online) heres mine:

BFBC2: somewhere around 430m (can't remember exactly)
BF4: 609M (i swear i got one from about 1003m but for some reason didn't count as a head shot even though i hit their face as they where lying down).
08-01-2014, 02:33 PM #3
Originally posted by Angelo View Post
I tend to go with the SRR-61 or the JNG-69? (or 59 can't bloomin' remember). the reason being i feel those weapons have quicker bullet speeds and are easy to predict drop (like you mentioned a matter of opinion, probably not factually accurate). however i have been using the L96 and i have to say i do really like it, when i first picked it up after unlocking it i couldn't hit a barn door, now i've gotten a little used to it, the 20x zoom is really good with it.

As for longest headshots wow 2400M on BF3? holy cow, didn't realise there was a map big enough to do that (then again i wasn't a big fan of Bf3 online) heres mine:

BFBC2: somewhere around 430m (can't remember exactly)
BF4: 609M (i swear i got one from about 1003m but for some reason didn't count as a head shot even though i hit their face as they where lying down).

Yea on BF3 I got the 2400m headshot on Bandar Desert. It was a public match that turned into a sniper pissing match. Lol. I was sniping from behind where the US jets spawn, against the redline, and the enemy snipers were up in the hills just in front of the Russian spawn.

As for BF4, I just scored a 1023m headshot on Silk Road from behind the US spawn, to just past Echo. L96A1. Happy
08-01-2014, 09:12 PM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Gol mag or the M40.
SSR 61 good, but I don't think it's my fav sniper for how I play with a sniper longest shot was with the M40 at 288m.
Not a fan of sitting back finding it boring with too little targets.
08-01-2014, 09:16 PM #5
jerrmy12
At least I can fight
I'd use my fys if it coukd 1hk at range, but it doesn't because dice.
08-01-2014, 09:29 PM #6
Originally posted by jerrmy12 View Post
I'd use my fys if it coukd 1hk at range, but it doesn't because dice.

Headshots OHK. The only sniper rifles that will OHK at range without a head shot are the M82A3 and the AMR which are both "special" weapons that must be picked up and have limited ammo.
08-01-2014, 09:33 PM #7
jerrmy12
At least I can fight
Headshots OHK. The only sniper rifles that will OHK at range without a head shot are the M82A3 and the AMR which are both "special" weapons that must be picked up and have limited ammo.

The fys doesn't have enough min damage to ohk with a headshot.
08-01-2014, 10:42 PM #8
razor546PL
Gym leader
SRR for long range and CS5 for short range.
Dunno what it is but CS5 feels right, i get headshot almost every time and i can get hit at running targets easily, as if i played with this gun before.
08-02-2014, 02:25 AM #9
Originally posted by jerrmy12 View Post
The fys doesn't have enough min damage to ohk with a headshot.

Holy shit. I looked it up and you sir are right. Strange. I must not have been far enough away the last time I used it.

The following user thanked partypoker15 for this useful post:

jerrmy12
08-02-2014, 07:54 AM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
So shoutout to ResistTheSun as his thread You must login or register to view this content. Made me want to ask the question. (If you don't know the question, you're terrible for opening a thread you didn't read the title of)

BF4 - 1023.41m Happy
BF3 - 2400.09m Happy

Normally I go hunting with a sniper x4/x6/x8
Always try to flank and keep my distance within reason about 150m or less.
Tried to do long range shots but just get bored limited number of targets to be had.

In other news about to hit 500 kills with the gol mag, second sniper to do so m40 was first.

Holy shit. I looked it up and you sir are right. Strange. I must not have been far enough away the last time I used it.

Elite also is like that, FYS is the elite hardcore brother due to being better in hardcore.
Also another sniper and I forget what it's called [You can tell how much I snipe]

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo